Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #1  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hi!

Hi everyone!

I've stuggled with weight my entire life. I remember being a kid and shopping in the plus size section of JcPenney. I always asked my mom, "Why am I in this section? Why can't I go over to the other section and try those clothes?" She never gave me an answer. As I've gotten older, I've realized how "bad" my weight has gotten. Heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a ton of other things run in my family, so I've decided to make a change. I've tried "making a change" before, but never lasted more than a week. Before I knew it, I was back to stuffing my face with lots of carbs, cans of pop, etc.

My mom passed away about 8yrs ago and I fell into a depression where food was my best friend. I'd come home from school, open a bag of chips, and finish it in about 20mins. Then I'd reach for a Diet Coke...before I knew it, I was through 3 cans. I was ADDICTED. I gained about 20lbs in about 2-3 months and it's been downhill from there. Now I find myself around 240..ouch. Not something I'm really proud of, and I never thought I'd get this bad.

A few days ago, I was sitting around and turned on QVC (my favorite channel!). Ironically, their Today's Special Value was Nutrisystem. I always thought that was just a bunch of lies, you can't eat that and lose weight, etc. It was a great value though...so I went online and started researching it. After reading a ton of successful reviews and videos on YouTube, I decided to order it. My Nutrisystem arrived today! I really wanted to start on a Sunday, but I'm starting tomorrow.

This time will be different. I will push myself to do well and keep going. Even though I'm a college student that enjoys eating a ton of pizza and junk food, I want to change my ways before I end up with diabetes, high blood pressure, or any of that awful stuff. I also want to be able to go shopping with my friends and actually try clothes on (and of course, buy clothes! ). I hate standing in the store and finding nothing that fits me. I order everything online and I hate it.

Sorry for the long intro LOL. I'm so happy I came across this forum though. I do much better when I have support from others and I'm not going through it alone!
ap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Great to have you here!

I'm so sorry about your mom passing away. That is some tremendously heavy grief to carry.

I can relate to your post in that I've grown up overweight and shopping in those other sections. I've been wanting to work out, but it's hard to find activewear that will fit me. Are you working out?

Good luck to you! I hope you have a terrific week!
upandaway42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #3  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upandaway42 View Post
Hi! Great to have you here!

I'm so sorry about your mom passing away. That is some tremendously heavy grief to carry.

I can relate to your post in that I've grown up overweight and shopping in those other sections. I've been wanting to work out, but it's hard to find activewear that will fit me. Are you working out?

Good luck to you! I hope you have a terrific week!
Thanks - it definitely was (especially at a young age). I would go to my grandma's after school too and of course got spoiled! Ice cream, chocolate, chips, cookies...you name it. That didn't help things at all.

I haven't been working out lately. I got a Fitbit on black friday and that has helped me "stay active" throughout the day. I'm excited to put it to work when I start working out. I don't wear activewear either - just a junky pair of shorts and an old t shirt (I usually do DVDs in the living room or use the treadmill and elliptical in the basement. I don't have the courage to go to the gym at school yet...although the TVs built into the machines are pretty tempting ).

Let me know if you find some good activewear. I'd love to get some once I get started!

Good luck to you as well - have a great week!

Last edited by ap14; 01-05-2016 at 08:49 PM.
ap14 is offline   Reply With Quote