South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Clucking - January 5

Good morning from frosty Delta where it was so cold yesterday the birds did not come to the feeder. I turned off the heat in the back room last night instead of just turning it down and had two very unhappy dogs crying at 5:00 AM, claiming they were frozen. Time to get out the manual and switch the propane stove to winter timing.

Survived quilting biddies yesterday but it sure took a hunk out of my day - did not get home until nearly 4. When I got home and unpacked my stuff, I found that I had Dianne's wallet which somehow got mixed in with quilts needing binding. She has a hospital appointment this morning and will need her stuff so I am going to drive it over to her by 9 and then carry on to do some banking.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but I'll continue to "un-Christmas" a bit and maybe write some 2015 Mill donation tax receipts before people start bugging me.

Stay warm and try to remember what winter was like before Christmas this year.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - that's nice of you to bring the wallet over on such a chilly morning. Poor puppies....

I have an appointment near Linda today, too bad she has to work . It would've been nice to have lunch with her again! Since that's about 2 hours away, that's pretty much my day.

The MRI went fine yesterday (dem things are noisy!), I have already seen the report, now just to wait til Thursday to see what (if anything) he wants to do about it.

And it's cold here too! DS is sitting in front of our wall heater. That thing, fed by natural gas, is a wee bit on the ugly side, but BOY does it work fantastic!!

Have a great day chicks, and stay warm for all us northerners!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and sleeping Beachers It is very cold here too, not Delta cold, but cold. Had to turn the pellet stove up to 2 and add a blanket to the bed. It looks like temps are going up again for awhile. Facebook reminded me that two years ago our pipes froze, so I'm not going to complain much about one cold day.

Just another work day here. We had a good back on track day yesterday, although we are still doing a little fridge clean out. I froze what I can but we do need to finish a few things.

Better get moving. The car is going to need a long warm-up ths morning.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come. I am giving my car a few extra minutes to warm up this morning before I leave; we have a chilly -15*! Brr. But yes, we had a mild December so I won't complain. Be sure to bundle up when you go to deliver the wallet, Ruth!

Nothing on the agenda today other than work. I am curious to see if the kids are more awake today or if the effort of getting up 2 days in a row will still be shocking to them.

It is quiet this morning with both boys gone now; and the were a lot fewer dishes to put away this morning!! Jennifer, you asked when classes start. DS1 starts next week but went back early since he lives off campus (and has a girlfriend in town). DS2 is taking a winter term course and plays on a sports team that starts practicing again this week.

Ok, time to bundle up and hit the road! Hold your coffee cup with 2 hands today, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Cold here too and getting colder as the week goes on. DH was able to come home the last two nights thanks to one of his brothers who has started helping again now that his broken wrist (incurred in a car accident on the way to help at MIL's) is mostly healed. I'm working today (and tomorrow and Thursday). Got two pairs of new black shoes yesterday to try out at work; hopefully at least one with be comfortable enough to keep, with all my foot issues. Would look better than the colored sneakers I usually wear at work! Have almost finished all of my holiday gift returns.

Have a great day.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Yes, it's a tad cold when my coffee got too cold before I finished it!

Beth, I hope the kids are more alert today. I know Audrey & Maggie were dragging when they got home from school yesterday!

Tammy, I'm glad your MRI went ok, and wish we could have gotten together for lunch today.

Good morning, Cyndi! Yes, it's cold but I'm not minding it too much. Yet, LOL!

Ruth, I hope you don't have to drive too far to return the wallet!

We're getting ready to go to my BIL's funeral this morning, then I'll head on over to the farm afterwards. I'd better go out and start warming up the car so we don't stick to the seats!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning cold chicks!

It's a balmy 24° here this morning. LOL. I am sitting waiting for somebody to come open up this morning. I hope it's soon, but at least my car is warm. I get off early today then will probably do not much of anything but make A few phone calls. My coffee maker is on the fritz and needs a call to Breville. Also need to call and the insurance agent. My neighbor did a really dumb thing and bumped into my car on New Year's day. It's pretty darn minor but it's the first new car I ever owned and I'd like to get it fixed.

Tammy, you ask about our restaurant food. It's a diner style fare. All the traditional breakfasts, skillets, pancakes, waffles, eggs Benedict. Blah blah blah. Lunch is burgers, various sandwiches and mostly crummy soups. LOL

OK got a run! Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

You know winter is here when the thermostat is set for 68 but the house won't warm up past 64. Even put coats on the dogs this morning, oh how they live that lol. Quick fly by as I need to get a few things done before leaving for work. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

PT went well yesterday just an assessment we are going to twice a week PT for 4 weeks and if not getting better than we will do an MRI, I basically have two separate issues going on, one is lower back on one side and the other is the muscle that goes from spin around the hip causing the leg issues. As the PT said my quad is not happy right now.

Nothing on agenda today other than stay inside and warm.

Ruth that is very nice of you to run the wallet over so early, stay warm

Tywnn glad the MRI went well for you yesterday

Cyndi guess we all have to face it that winter finally arrived brrr

Beth I know DD2 has not been wanting to get up but not because she had been sleeping in late (she complained on vacation that we kept waking her up early so we go could places lol)

Karen hope one of the shoes works out for you.

Cottage my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your BIL.

Debbie I hope someone came quickly to let you in.

Jekel I have mine set to 68 but it keeps dropping quickly back down once the furnace stops.

Have a wonderful day eveyrone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-05-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth lucky you found her wallet today. Imagine the panic she would be in today.
Tammy hope your appintment goes well.
Cyndi. What a lovely picture. How did your pea soup turn out. I got an instant pot(electric pressure cooker with a few more functions) and the first thing I made was pea soup which turned out very well. Also made butternut squash soup. Love it.
Karen can so relate to your shoe problem. Its nice dh came home.
Beth. Hope the kids are back to normal.
Linda. Hugs to you on your sad day.
Debbie cant blame you on wanting your new car in perfect appearance
Jen may your day be uneventful.
Pearlrose. Hope the pt helps.

had a busy day yesterday. Thoroughly cleaned the fridge, started cleaning my workshop and took a 45 minute walk. Hope to go walking again today at the mall, its too cold for me outside.
take care
Sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote