Old 12-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default Those already started using SmartPoints

good morning. i rejoined monday night. i have been following a blog on this new program and it sounded like it would fit my new lifestyle. yesterday i was going to be getting antiquated with the plan. didn't happen. so today i begin this new plan.
looking for any ideas on the evening dessert. we have for many years for our evening snack at 8 in front of the tv. it has symbolized the end of the day and to unwind. i use to eat sugar free ice cream (diabetic). than switched to fat free. i know ice cream has gone up. so any ideas for me. i am not the biggest yogurt fan. i want something to make me feel like i am not missing out.
hope you all give the new plan a chance. i know some just don't do change. i have a degree in nutrition, diet, and health science. this information has been around for years. it's a good place to begin to help people with health problems that can be controlled with little/no sat fat. diabetics, and migraine people can be helped with the low/no sugar. some may feel it takes the freedom away. no, i don't think it will. it just makes you more aware of what your eating. remember do ever deny yourself a treat/food/etc. that's what those weekies are for. if you do a binge will most likely be in your future. you have to use the plan as a lifestyle change. there are going to be times when you have something you think is "bad". it's called life. you don't get a do over, enjoy it and move on.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I am still diving into the new plan – I’m in the Netherlands and we now have the same plan as you have in the States.
I am a lifetime member but still (8 years trying to get back – long story) not back to my goal weight yet so I re-joined for 3 months.
I don’t eat a lot of “junk” anyway and most everything we eat is homemade so it’s not a huge change to be honest 

Personally as far as evening snack goes, have you considered a new way to symbolise the end of the day?
Or perhaps you can make something that you can use as a dessert/evening snack through the week like homemade lara bars?
You’d of course have to plug that into the program to see how many points but could be worth it?
I don’t eat anything after dinner – our evening ritual is a giant cup of herbal tea – so I’m afraid I can’t help but maybe others have suggestions.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #3  

Do you really need a snack then or has it become a habit? I close the kitchen after dinner and it doesn't reopen until breakfast.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

94% fat free microwave popcorn, 2 cups = 2 Smart Points.

4 ozs of plain unsweetened Almond milk, blend with vanilla, fruit and ice. 1 Smart point. Actually 8 ounces of Almond milk is 1 SP, but by the time you add the fruit and ice, it would be a huge amount. Unless you want to switch the whole family over to it.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:00 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

Try different snacks on different days. A few years ago, there was a weight watchers ice cream dessert I used to have every night. It was 3 PointsPlus. At some point I decided to cut down on sugar and I quit eating it. I found other things to eat that were better for me.

I've been doing Smart Points for about a week and a half. Some of the snacks I've had:

Dark chocolate - 88 calories - 4 SmartPoints
Pistachios - 1/2 cup with shells - 5 SP
Blackberries - 0 SP
1 oz of full fat cheese cubes - 4 SP
Weight Watchers jalapeno cheese stick - 1 SP
Vitatop (Chocolate - 4 SP (I just ate this one -- this is not an every night thing, more like once a week)
1/2 oz. Wasabi Almonds - 3 SP
Kay's Protein Snacks - usually the cinnamon toast pretzels or the cinnamon almond cookie bites - 3 SP (these are a great value, gluten free and they give 12g of protein)
Chicken breast - 1 or 2 SP
Quest bar - 4 or 5 SP depending on the flavor (warm in microwave 15 seconds)
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #6  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

thanks everyone for the suggestions. last night i had fresh fruit w/cool whip. i found my favorite popcorn at the commissary yesterday. it's can get up there in points depending on flavor. so maybe mixing it and figuring it out. it's the angies, boom chic a boom. it's really good. i added up all the cals, sat fat, sugar, pro and came up with 19 pts for all 4 bags. all different flavors. so need to figure out how many servings in each one add them and see what i get and divide by the pts. i think? hubby figured it out and said it would be 2.65 c at 4 or 5 pt. i don't think that's right. one flavor is 4c for 4 pts. i like that one best.
have a good day. ended first day with 1 pt left our of my 30. earned 12 just in fitbit readings. don't use fitpoints anyway. unless i really need them.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote