South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin'! 11/21 - 11/22

And a good Saturday morning to you!

It's sunny, but not warm, here today, but it will be a good day for traveling. Our Red Hatter's are spending the day in New Jersey, first going to a popular chocolatier for goodies for the holidays, then to a painting class, and then winding up the day at Bruno's, which is a fabulous Italian restaurant. It promises to be a really fun day!

First, though, I told Jake I'd put together his favorite hamburger casserole for his supper before I go, so I'd better get hoppin'!

Wait! I have time for one more coffee. Who wants to join me?
Old 11-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm here for coffee, Linda!!

I've been up for a bit and have changed the beds and started tidying. This will be my cleaning day before the "company" comes for Thanksgiving. (Although I'm not sure they count as "company" while I"m still paying their tuition bills!)

So today I will clean, do a bit of laundry, move my messes out of their bedrooms, etc. I also need to do a few quick errands in town. DH did most of the grocery shopping for me yesterday so I'm set there. I guess I also have to plan out what we are eating the rest of the week since I've heard Thanksgiving is only one day.

Linda, your day sounds fun! Enjoy yourself.

To the chicks to come, happy Saturday!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Linda, that sounds like a GREAT day! I want to be like you when I grow up! We expect a full report tomorrow .

Beth, I think you're right...they're not considered guests anymore! But, I bet they'll wanted to be treated as such (especially if they're boys...I don't remember which ones you have...). Does your family watch football?

It's our last home football game of the year, and I want to get back over to Kohl's to use my Kohl's cash . The game is at noon, so I guess that's when I'll go, eh? I've considered getting to the grocery store and buying a ham too for tonight, but the family hasn't answered me on that yet. Papa loves my ham and bean soup, so I'd just make a batch of that to take down for the freezer for him.

I haven't peeked at the weather, but I believe the cold weather has hit. It is a beautiful morning out though!

Coffee...is....almost...ready....
Old 11-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from frosty Delta. Time for winter coats.

Sounds like a really FUN day, Linda. Too bad the Red Hats around here kind of fizzled out. All one woman wanted to do was watch Elvis impersonators!

Beth I am inclined to put "later" stuff into my two empty bedrooms but am not expecting company for a while. I keep the doors closed and then panic when it's time to clear the beds!

Today is Day 1 of Celebrate The Season and I'm going to need a huge injection of enthusiasm by 4 PM when we open the Gift Shop. I suspect it will be a fairly quiet evening but a long time to closing at 9. The good news is that the dogs are doing an overnight at Lisa's so I won't need to dash home to feed them. (This is a trial run for when I go away in early December.)

Joanne is coming over this morning to see if she can light the pilot light on the stove in the back room. I'm not sure what time "in the morning" means but am pretty sure I'll have time to dress and figure out coffee. My Keurig is acting up again and needs another purge. We have very hard (but healthy) water and it seems to clog the machine. It would help if I remembered to care for the water softener.

Time to get in gear and throw in a load of laundry while we're on the weekend cheap rates. I guess I'd better figure out something to eat for dinner too.

Enjoy your day and holiday preparation.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Tammy, good luck with the food shopping today. During game time sounds like a plan. I am not crazy about ham but absolutely love a ham bone to make pea or bean soup. When Mum had a family dinner. my sister and I used to almost fight over who got the ham bone to take home. Seems to me most hams are boneless these days but I'll look around.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrr frosty way to start the day, but the sun is quite brite.

Ruth hope the pups enjoy their sleepover. It is nice you have so many good friends. You certainly have a long day planned.

Linda I'm not sure what your plans are with the group today. Can't wait to read about it tomorrow.

Tammy I love Kohl's cash! Sometimes my Kohl's will take expired ones but they have to be less than a year old. You're brave going food shopping today. I am trying to hold off until Tuesday.

Debbie glad you are finding time to do things you enjoy.

Sophie, Beth and Karen hope your children get home safely.

Lol one of my "children" got hurt at work last night. Thankfully nothing serious. He tripped while running for an officer requesting assistance and hurt his hand. When I came upon him I thought he was the one calling for help. We went to the academy together. So I joked with him that I finally beat him in a run. The guy was huge who they were struggling with. The guys were surprised to see my in "the pile." Myself and another officer got the subject to his feet and began walking him to our district for arrest processing. One of my plain clothes officers took my place and joked "isn't this our job." It was good to get out and "play" as I call it with the guys. It is important for them to see me as a team player in addition to their boss.

Who's ready for a refill?
Old 11-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I'm taking a bar method class just for our store employees. It will be interesting to see how much I can do with all my various body issues. I anticipate a lot of laughing. DH heads back to his mom's tomorrow so I think I'll try to get a bit more shopping done for his stocking.

DH has been tracking our weight for years on a spreadsheet. Today he realized he is at his average highest weight in several years. He told me that my average for the year is .7 pounds above the number that I sort of consider my target or goal. As someone who has been a yo-yo dieter for so long, I am happy with that. Although I have to admit that it is still a daily effort to maintain. Just wish my weight hadn't shifted so much to my belly!!!

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I just got a coffee refill and I'm sitting outside with the pups for a minute before we head to the pool. My sister is meeting us there. I've been working on my bead sorting all morning trying to get my beadbox all cleaned up.

We had a little scare last night. About 6:30 PM my sister and I realized that neither one of us had spoken with my mother all day. It was dark and snowing. We had our trusted neighbor go check. She wasn't home and her car was gone. My sister drove down and I threw some stuff in a bag and we started heading to the other side. My mother had had an interesting day but she called and she was safe. We breathe a sigh of relief and pledged to have a better check in with her every morning. I've already called her today. Glad she's OK and glad I didn't have to go over. I've got a run have a great day everyone!
Old 11-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! I had a very busy and productive day yesterday and my house sure looks better. Not to mention the fact that my kids can now actually sleep in their rooms. Ruth, like you, I had piled a few "later" items in their rooms. Tammy, since you asked, I have 2 boys that are still in college.

I FINALLY took the 10 minutes required to find the cornucopia and accessories for the buffet. I was not going to let Thanksgiving pass without it. Why did it take me so long??

Jennifer, does your time off begin today or tomorrow? Hope you get a chance to relax.

Debbie, glad your Mom is ok. I am also getting to that stage where I worry about my parents almost as much as my kids.

Kudos to you, Karen! I suspect all the chicks can identify with the yo-yo phenomena. I am resolving not to get too out of control for the next 6 weeks.

To anyone with family traveling, hope they will be safe.

Me? Off to find more coffee.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Thanks for the coffee, Beth. I helped myself to a cup since the dratted Keurig is constipated again. I bet it feels good to have those guy-chickies home for a visit.

Wonderful Joanne lit the pilot lite in the stove and the back room is cozy again. Jo used to work in a store that sold the propane stoves and is one talented woman. She now is the curator of a museum in Gananoque and doing really well.

Well, my predictions about a quiet night in the gift shop were way off the mark. We had lots of people for opening night of Celebrate The Season and not just washroom users. The Carollers also used our hall to get into Victorian costume and did a few numbers on the porch which drew people in. Katherine was working with me which helped any down time pass quickly but it still was a long time until 9 PM.

I am going to pick up the dogs from Lisa's house around nine and plan to have a quiet and peaceful day at home, girding my loins for a busy week. I'm going to try hard to not think of all I have to do before I take off on December 2.

Now I'm feeling ready to Christmas-up, starting with the wreath on the side door. Whoops! Snow in the forecast Tuesday - that'll do it!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - glad mom is doing okay

Beth - I should ask good advice on boys from you. Like, when do they learn to replace the toilet paper roll? (WAIT! My DH at 53 still doesn't...)

Ruth - you crack me up . Glad last night was a good start to the holiday, even if it made for a long evening! It kind of sounds to me like you need to ditch your Keurig, you get more problems with that thing! No ants hiding out for the winter, right?!?!

Supposed to go to church this AM, then I had a nice dinner planned. Again, LOL. We only have a couple of days this week, then off to see the relatives in NC. Not much menu planning! (and that's why it's great to make a ham tonight, leftovers for 2 nights, then we're gone!! WOOT WOOT!)

The cats are bellowing in the downstairs den, must be breakfast time....
Old 11-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning yippee I am officially on vacation. I am going to a wine tasting even today with Meredith and her BF. My sisters bailed out on me. One doesn't feel well and the other is tired and is going to get her flu shot. I am a little annoyed. We made these plans a few weeks ago and Meredith bought the tickets in advance, which was required. So today I am spending $120 for a wine glass and a wreath. Oh well. The event should be fun. You get a wreath and your glass at your first vineyard. There are 14 vineyards participating. You get an ornament for the wreath when you go.

Debbie I am glad your mom is ok. I worry about mine too.

Ruth sounds like the Mill was hopping last night. Glad Karen was with you.

Beth Tuesday is my cleaning day. I want it clean so I can decorate on Friday.

Uh oh dogs are calling. Have a great day
Old 11-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, your day sounds like a lot of fun, but it's a shame your sisters bailed on you and stuck you with their costs.

Beth, I think we all spend more time procrastinating than actually getting it done! I hope you have a great week with your boys home. A full house equals a full heart.

Ruth, I'm glad it went well yesterday and that you finally got your stove pilot light going. I wonder why you're having such rotten luck with your Keurigs? I've had the same one for nearly 5 years and it's still going strong.

Yesterday was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see how my mug turns out after it's fired. I used one of the specialty glazes in peacock colors. Dinner was phenomenal, as always, and I brought 1/2 of it home for my supper tonight. I'm going to 11:30 Mass since I'm working the bake sale afterwards, and then I'm going to my SIL's Thirty-One Party, so I'll be gone most of the day again, today. At least Jake doesn't mind, thank goodness!
Old 11-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I finally got the bead box finished. Thank goodness it was all over my office. Got stuff ready for today's potluck at church. I think I forgot to mention that I got the day off and I'm still in Glenwood. Looks like we all have a busy week ahead of us. We finally figured out our Thanksgiving. I will take mother to her I appointment on Wednesday and we are coming back over here. That will be nice.

It's a wonderful Sunday everyone!
Old 11-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning (just under the wire) Today is a chore day. I've got too much laundry to do, apparently I've been doing just enough each week so there's quite a backlog. We are making a pie to try out a gluten free, nut free crust we can bring for T-day. I think DH will just eat the filling at Mom's and not worry about the rest, but he likes to bring a pie just to prove he can bake. We are taking a break for a hike this afternoon. It's a proposed new trail that connects to one of our favorite trails. It will be fun to check it out before it's in wide use.

We tried Kalyn's deconstructed cabbage roll recipe last night. It was delish and I'm sure it would be equally good with any kind of ground meat or veggie substitute, or even beans. Made for good comfort food to eat in front of a bonfire

I've been lazy this morning, time to get a list going.
Closed Thread