Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #1  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Newbie...4th time losing weight

Hello all!
I'm not only new here but have never been part of on online forum so please excuse me if I am unaware of etiquette.
I am 39 and am currently losing weight for the fourth time and this time it feels harder than ever, and for every two steps forward there's a step back.
I was an average weight child then when puberty hit...instantaneous adult body. My weight escalated to maybe 180 and then I took the plunge into "extremely restrictive eating" coupled with "very vigorous exercising" until I was 110.
Went right back up....this time to 230+.
Next shot....ATKINS! A carb did not pass my lips in till I was 135.
And then I met my husband.... We love to eat, I love to cook...back up to 225.
Next came something I don't think I'll ever do to myself again....jogging. I jogged and calorie counted and tracked myself back down to 135.
And then we decided to open a business and work 7 days a week for a year and a half and take out was all we had. Back up to 215.
So here I am now at 182. I've been to a nutritionist and the food I eat is extremely healthy, I just eat SO MUCH. I'm hungry CONSTANTLY. I'm excercising here and there with an online program. I know I'm obsessed with food. The nutritionist says to turn it around for good.....but if I stick to 1500 calories a day I'm going through the day with an audibly growling stomach and nausea. Its been 8 months of losing and limiting my caloies and being HUNGRY.
When will the hunger go away? I cook for the business and then my other 2 jobs are in a public food market with dozens of restaurants and food stands.
The hunger is CONSTANT (except if I eat a meal but then comes back within 15-20 minutes) and not diminishing with time.
Thanks for listening!
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #2  
4th times the charm!

Just logged into myfitnesspal to change my weight (i've gained 7 pounds since I last weighed in 3 weeks ago) and now it tells me I can only eat 1400 calories. 1500 was too hard! Your not my pal fitnesspal.....this is why we broke up last time.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyFay View Post
Just logged into myfitnesspal to change my weight (i've gained 7 pounds since I last weighed in 3 weeks ago) and now it tells me I can only eat 1400 calories. 1500 was too hard! Your not my pal fitnesspal.....this is why we broke up last time.
that was too funny I'm sorry i don't have anything insightful to tell you, but I am in awe that you were able to take off auch large percentages of excess weight at each of your attempts!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:05 PM   #4  
4th times the charm!

I'm real good at being intensely focused for a period of time and then forgetting my motivation the second a goal has been reached! Thanks for saying hi!

Last edited by GoodyFay; 11-20-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

GoodyFay, I had that happen to me, too, a few years ago. I was using MFP to track calories and it readjusted from 1500 to 1200 cals/day. I just could not keep to the new 1200 amount and lost interest. I had lost 10 pounds, but reagained later. Today, I am doing my tried and true South Beach diet and keeping track of my meals on MFP. I set my limit to 1300 cals/day and I know if I am close to that amount, I should not eat that 3rd grain item, I am allowed to have because I know calories count, too. So, you don't HAVE to go by what MFP thinks you should do, you need to figure it out and tell MFP what YOU want to do!
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #6  
4th times the charm!

Yeah! I like that katiam247! I'm tellin MFP what I want to do!!!! (well, we'll compromise.....)