South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thankful Thursday Beach Chat for 11/12

I'm thankful I was able to pull myself out of bed this morning. I was so snug and comfy could easily have slept another hour. Thank goodness for coffee!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Agreed! I love my morning coffee.

Dark and wet this morning again; yesterday the morning was nice enough to get outside for a walk but then it clouded up.

Work on the agenda today with report card conferences in the evening. I think I will toss something in the crock pot to have ready when I get home.

Got to move. Happy Thursday!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm thankful for my beautiful home (albeit dirty, LOL). Funny, no one else wanted it 6 years ago because it was outdated. Lucky us! Now, most people that visit our home are envious of our view . For a house in "town", we sure are blessed.

Sounds like everyone else is settling in for coffee, me too!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's overcast and we're expecting rain again, too, Beth. We only saw the sun briefly, yesterday. Hmmm, something in the crockpot sounds like a good idea. Wonder what I can come up with?
Old 11-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning on Thankful Thursday. I am thankful that I did my running around yesterday afternoon and got started on Christmas shopping. Today and tomorrow are going to be rain days and I can stay home if I like.

Yesterday's shopping trip was a great success. I did NOT buy a cookie cutter because I discovered large gingerbread men ready to decorate 6 per package for $2.99 - not worth the trouble to make them! So that removes a lot of pressure from the four of us who were going to make them. I also met some old friends and we had a late lunch at Swiss Chalet. They insisted on paying so I still have my gift card.

My two furries just came in from the back deck lightly misted with rain. They've been towelled and are now curled up together by the stove in the back room. I may join them with another coffee and watch the morning news on TV. (There were a record 35,000 people at the war memorial in Ottawa yesterday. There seems to be a new spirit in this country, perhaps brought about by our new Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau.)

I have beef stew in the crockpot and it smells wonderful. I am thankful for my cozy house and a day that - so far - has nothing on the agenda. I even remembered to put the trash out last night!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Linda I too am always thankful for coffee. It was difficult getting out of bed, but the dogs were calling my name lol.

Tammy you can always update the house, but Mother Nature's views can never compete with home decorating. Great score for you and the family.

Beth you must get ready pretty quickly if you have time to throw things in the crockpot. I need to plan my meals for next week. I'm sure the crockpots will get used this weekend.

Ruth I'm sure you will come up with something creative.

Going in early yet again today. This time for a public hearing. MTA's HQ is all the way downtown. Parking, even for me, is a nightmare. So I've elected to go in "people clothes" aka business attire and take the subway. Hopefully we won't have anymore rain today as I do need to walk a few blocks from the subway.

Today I am thankful for my mom. I just adore her. She has been such a positive influence on my life in so many ways.

Well time to check the opening numbers on the stock market....no not really lol...I've never done that...but I will have another cup of coffee, who's ready?
Old 11-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

I'm thankful for all the above. Even though I've had a cup of coffee seems I'm still not awake.
my backyard does face a lovely park.

Dd phoned yesterday to tell us that she and grandsons are coming to town to visit outlaws and will be stopping here for lunch. I am grateful to see them again. Now off to think what to make.
have a good day everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm thankful that DH got to come home for the night. He's already gone back to relieve his sister at MIL's. He'll be there again until Saturday when two brothers come in from out-of-town for a week.

Today I'm getting my hair colored and probably trimmed. My hairdresser is retiring so this is my second-to-last time with her. I've been growing my hair, partially in preparation for just letting it go a long time after she quits! Anyhow, she and I keep debating what to have her do with the shape while I still have her since I have very tricky (uncooperative, unruly, un...) hair. I guess I have a few more hours to decide.

Have a great day.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am thankful for the fact that I can work from home and am getting to more frequently.

DD2 had her art class last night she came home with the most beautiful painting of two Cardinals. I may take a picture of it and post on FB

Today have lots of reports to do but thankfully no conference calls.

Cottage I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning as well, just too comfortable

Beth I need to start using the crockpot again as well

Tywnn glad you are enjoying your views

Ruth that was a find (cookies) glad you were able to have lunch with old friends as well

Jekel hope it doesn't rain on you today

Sophie have fun spending time with DD and GS

Karen it's hard to find a new hair dresser that you like.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello

I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday Okay, I'm also thankful my awesome DH drove into town to have lunch wth me then came home and built a new ramp for the little dog. this nice, long fall is giving us plenty of time fo all those winter prep chores.

Tonight we are experimenting with apple pie dried apples. We hope to give them as Christmas gifts. I'm making a batch of apple pie spice and adding a little vanilla sugar. I bet they will be yummy. I usually give my family plain dried apples, and will make sure they have a jar of those too. I just thought something special would be fun.

Speaking of apples, time to get them in the dehydrator so I can pour a lass of wine
Closed Thread