Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2015, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/256/180

Height: 6'1"

Default Weekend urge to binge

I've recently recommitted myself to a healthier lifestyle and have made some progress in reaching my weight goal. However, I continually have issues with over eating during the weekend. I suspect that I'm bored and need to find a regularly activity that will keep me engaged enough so I don't think about eating all the time.

For those with a similar problem, what has been your solution to keep yourself from bingeing on the weekends?
Fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

On the weekends I have been trying to eat the same thing as during the weekdays-- just keep the habits going all the time. I also binge on healthy things I like. I treat myself to a new tea or a pre-sliced fruit platter. Or I air pop popcorn and put butter on it. It takes a long time to eat, and I can regulate the amount of butter based on my remaining points.

Of course this all doesn't always work.
Ferny1730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 231.4/199.8/140 As of 12/19/15

Height: 5'6"

Hello! I am a binger. I haven't for three months but prior to that I did for nearly ten years. I understand the feeling of, "it's the weekend, time to relax and cut loose (a little)!" How do you feel about your plan overall? What are you eating and how much?

For me the urge to binge came from two things: a, overrestriction, and b, sweets. When I ate too little during the week, or even if it was just too "clean" I tended to binge on the weekend. Now I make sure to eat more fat and protein in my diet consistently.

I also had to remove sweets from my diet. I still eat carbs but not nearly as much as before and just no treats. For me they are the biggest trigger. For the past ten years my mindset was different: I'd allow a treat or two daily. I ate tons of those 100 calorie snack pack cookie things. But I find if I just don't eat them, the cravings go away. In my mind, I could have them if I really wanted, and once in a while, I will have something special. But more often then not I choose to pass on sweets. I don't know what your plan is like or what your triggers are, but this is what worked for me good luck
MovingOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #4  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Weekends are the worst!!

During the week when I am at work I really only have access to the food I bring and what I buy at lunch. When I am home on the weekends I can eat anything and everything in the kitchen plus we go out all weekend long and end up eating out which is just too tempting!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #5  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I am often visiting other people over the weekends, so many times I eat what they serve. I do what I always do: calorie count. I might have to estimate a bit more, so I stay on the conservative side of my calories.

In addition to still tracking every weekend, I don't let myself get too hungry. That leads to unhealthy decisions. I try to always have an apple or something on me.

I also second the idea that you treat weekends like any other day of the week. They're not special - they come around all the time, just like Tuesdays.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote