South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default What's Up Wednesday? October 21

Another early start to the day. Jazz has been crying for me around 5 these mornings. Who needs an alarm with a dog with separation anxiety? !

Yesterday was a sort of "lost" day as I just puttered around doing dribs and drabs of things, reading about the election and tackling a huge lot of mail. I still have not dealt with the darned spider plants although I found the right size of pots. Today has to be an overdrive kind of day since I have someone coming to look at my new hardwood floors - referred by contractor Paul. Michelle comes tomorrow and I did promise her to clear the clutter in the studio/sewing/junk room so she can clean properly.

Off your butt, Ruthie, and get cracking! It's Hump Day and needs to be tackled early.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wakey Wakey Wednesday 10/21 SBD Chat

Coffee's on!

This week is going by so fast! I guess that's a good thing, since I'm looking to another busy weekend. On Friday, some friends and I are going to converge on Dad's house and wash all the windows, blinds, and curtains. On Saturday is the annual Craft Fair at church but I can only stay til 10:30 when I have to go pick up Audrey and take her to band practice. And the afternoon will be spent at my SIL's, having a Farewell Party for my niece and Goddaughter, who is moving to Alabama. ( That will be a bit sad. ) Sunday, a special Mass is being said in honor of my other SIL's mother, father & brother, so we all are attending that.

Today will be just a normal Wednesday at work with hopefully riding lessons after school so I should be able to get home early, and get a few loads of laundry done! We're supposed to warm up to the mid 70s today, whoohoo!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a rainy morning here but it is going to get up to 83 degrees today. DD2 concert was great last night and tonight she has art and then we have parent teacher conference.

Today is in office day with a few meetings on my calender. I am also starting to study for another class I am taking in two weeks.

Ruth hope you get everything accomplished today. What are they looking at your new floors for?

Cottage sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. I need to tackle my windows as well but the next couple of weekends are busy.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - that's great you had a low key day yesterday! How different for you.

Linda - I'm tired just reading about your weekend!

Today I go back to start with a new PT, hopefully she'll help me make some improvement. I told her it would be nice to decrease meds instead of increase them, by having exercises that help! I really need to make naner bread too, those nanas are getting pretty ripe. Do the kids want choco chips in them, or not? (DD just said no, is that my child? Turn down chocolate?!)

Enjoy the day!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Pearl! Eighty three degrees?! That's crazy in October!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:47 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pearl, I have been recommending Paul and his team to a lot of women friends. Betty from the quilting group wants to see what my hardwood floors look like. (She has a 1970's house that came with wall-to-wall carpeting.) Paul has impressed them all and is grateful for my recommendations. However, he is now really, really busy and I am on the "one of these days" list for my piddly little Mr Fixit jobs.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Good morning, everyone! I missed you yesterday but it was a crazy day. Today looks to be the same. I set up a playdate for DD at the local playground with her "boyfriend". Before that, I really need to get the kitchen and the living room at least picked up a bit. After lunch, DD will need a bath, we will have to review her lesson for Awanas tonight, and I will need to shower and pack dinners as well. DH's last day of working the fire line is today, so they will get to demobilize tonight and will see him tomorrow night. I'm grateful to have him back for many reasons, but especially because I have found that while he has been gone, I have been stress eating. I don't think I'm going to want to see the scale this week.

to everyone! DS is fussing in bed. Time to "really" start the day!

Last edited by KimStar1of4; 10-21-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Supposed to top 80 here too. Hope the house doesn't heat up enough that I have to switch the a/c back on. DH comes home this evening and leaves again in the morning. Just did the vacuuming - usually his job but I'm trying to keep it as easy at home for him as possible. I'm having lunch with my old manager and a former co-worker today.

Any suggestions for a college graduation/Christmas gift for DS's girlfriend? (Her parents gave him money and gift cards for graduation - otherwise it wouldn't even have occurred to me.)
Old 10-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Oops were did my post go. We have had bad colds here and its been a long week.
will be back
take care
sophie
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

The pool was great last night and I was glad we got over the hill because I think it snowed up top right after we went through. I'm just enjoying my last cup of coffee before we head to the pool again. Trying to have a little bit of a laid-back day today since surgery is tomorrow. I need to get going!Kirk is looking out the door to see what I am doing. I think he's ready and I'm not. Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread