Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/337/200

Height: 5'11

Default Time for a change...but is it

Hello All,

I am 31 years old male and as of 10/7/15 i weighed in at 350 pounds. I have been this weight since senior year of high school roughly 13 years ago. On that date I made the choice of making this change in my life for myself a long for a special someone who came back into my life just a couple of months ago. As of today i'm down to 337 lbs. 13 lbs in 13 days. Today i'm having a major internal struggle with myself and decided to look for a group of people who are trying to make the same type of changes in their lives. I'm having a hard time today because that same person who came into my life and inspired me to make this change ended up leaving my life again yesterday.

I know lot of you will say who cares and i shouldn't be making this choice for anyone but myself, which i fully agree. It just so very hard to want to keep going when she isn't a part of my life. I can't really explain it to be honest...she just made me want to be a better person for myself as well as her. I'm really doubting I can do this alone and that's my problem. I know its going to be a long hard battle with my mind and my body...

I apologize for the wall of text for my first post...needed to get it out there and out of my mind
Lazuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! I am sorry you had someone come back and leave so soon in your life. Only you will know if you are ready for weight loss and be committed to making that change. I have a husband in about the same boat weight wise as you and his doctor asked him to work on it. I was going to diet with him, but two months ago I decided to make a change for me and began, he thought he was dieting via me. Last week he decided to make a change for himself. If weight loss is something you'd like to do FANTASTIC. If you aren't ready, you may struggle and get disappointed more than not.

What I am saying: if you want to loose the weight, which BTW, congrats on 13 lbs down!, then keep with it. There are so many other fish in the sea, as someone who has learned, you need to love yourself before you can love others. Sounds corny, but it's true. You need to be happy about who you are in all facets of your life. If you feel weight is holding you back then work on it. Other people enter our lives and if love and companionship is what your end goal is, you will find someone. Generally it's not on the schedule we set for ourselves, but you'll find it. Keep up the good work that you have done thus far you may be surprised where the journey takes you!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lazuris! Congrats on losing 13 lbs! I am so sorry you are experiencing the heartache of a break-up. That is never easy. But listen, if you want to continue losing weight, you'll find lots of support and encouragement here. You don't have to go it alone. I know we are not much of a substitute for the motivation you felt with that special someone, but we're here to support you regardless. Take a look around and jump right in! People are very friendly here. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/337/200

Height: 5'11

Thanks for the responses back you too. Like i said yesterday was a hard day and I do plan on doing this all for myself...just a bit of a blow to the ego and had to get it out, you know what I mean.

I do think this site may be awesome for me just to find other people to chat with going through the same changes I am. I really don't have people to talk to about this IRL because i'm still embarrassed about letting myself go and opening up to friends about it.

You all are amazing
Lazuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Lazuris: You can do it! You managed to knock off a good bit already. No reason to be embarrassed, we all have reasons our weight changes, and frankly, no one expects you to be the same out of high school. Life gets in the way, it has it's ups and downs and some of us deal with it by eating, which usually catches up to us at some point. If you want to make that change, and know that this journey too can present at times like a roller coaster, you will do fine. Now hang on, join a group that keeps you motivated and talking and where you can give and get support - that's a great thing I am finding here. Keep up the good work.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote