South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:12 AM   #1  

Default Black Bean Brownie Question

I was looking at some old recipes and came across this WW one. What I was wondering is everything is pretty much low carb except the 3 Tbs. flour. Could you substitute Atkins bake mix or another type of flour for it? And do you think this would be okay for Phase I? The ingredients are: black beans, egg whites, cocoa, apple sauce, splenda, instant coffee, flour, baking powder and walnuts (optional). What do you think?? Thanks for all your help!
Old 08-14-2003, 07:19 PM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I would think this would be okay for phase 2, but for phase 1 the applesauce and the flour would make it not so great! Let us know how it turns out...it sounds interesting!
Old 08-14-2003, 07:27 PM   #3  

Well I made it with garbanzo bean flour, and no applesauce, I used 1 Tbs. olive oil instead. I think it should be okay for Phase I that way don't you? Turned out pretty good though.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:41 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

It sounds like your revisions make it acceptable for phase 1...glad it turned out! I don't think I could make a pan of brownies and eat just one.... I know my limits!
Closed Thread