South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday SBD Chat for 8/24

Happy Monday! Here's a big mug of coffee for everybody to start the day!

It looks like it'll be a busy day ahead. Besides the usual catching up after the weekend at the farm, I'll be checking in with my brother to see how Dad is coming along. He's having a short procedure done at the hospital today, but I don't think they'll be keeping him overnight. I have to call to make some appointments myself, and then run over to see Dad after work.

Maybe I should rename this post Busy Monday!
Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting this started, Linda! I hope your dad's procedure goes well and that he's home soon. Yes, it will be a busy Monday.

Thanks for all the kind words yesterday! One day at a time. I slept in a bit this morning so I am just enjoying my 1st cup of coffee. Dogs have been fed and I need to get that super power smoothie going. I'm going to sit out a new puzzle which keeps me occupied so I just don't work all the time. The mornings are darker so I don't go out early and work in the yard anymore.

Yesterday was super busy at work and I think today will be too. Always nice for my pocketbook and I don't look forward to our slow season. Actually, it hasn't been so bad the past few seasons. We get leaf watchers, then hunters, then skiers. Sad to say it has already snowed twice at the Eisenhower tunnel on the continental divide. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone! I'm planning on it
Old 08-24-2015, 07:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday August 24

I am trying hard not to moan about the end of summer but it seems to have gone way too fast. We need to grab as much as we can over the next month.

Looks like a nice day is unfolding with lovely cool air and sunshine in the forecast. I'm hoping to not need the AC turned on until next June - my electricity bill for July was huge and August was even hotter.

Today will be a "normal" Monday with a bank run and a quick trip to town for ink cartridges for the Office. I had good intentions of doing that yesterday but decided against it in favour of sitting on the deck sewing binding onto a quilt. Like a fool, I took home three quilts from the June meeting, thinking I'd have loads of free time to do the bindings on them. I still have two to do!

One more coffee and kitchen cleanup and I'm outta here. I have to make today count! It's a No Moan Monday.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning quick fly by until later. Need to put the bike on the car, walk the pups and get DS to work by 8....did I mention he is still in bed. Happy Monday
Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Wow! I just looked at today's date as I reopened the chat, August 24. It has been a very fast summer and I'm already mentally prepping myself for what is to come. Hard to believe for me that I have spent the last seven Summers with all of you!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is is a busy day for me in office with back to back meetings, makes the day go by quicker.

Debbie can't believe it already snowed gulp....the months just fly by that is for sure

Cottage hope the procedure for Dad goes smoothly

Ruth will you be able to get help with the other two quilts?

Jekel this is your weekend? I can't remember have a good day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Monday morning.

Debbie -

Linda - Hope all goes well with your dad today.

Ruth - I agree - summer flew by!

Jennifer - Sounds rushed.

Rose - Hope your day flies by.

I'm off to the gym today. I've been working out with SIL while my mom is traveling; she gets back from Ireland tomorrow. DH unexpectedly came home last night. He thinks his new routine will be leaving here at 7am to spend the day at his mom's but home to sleep while his siblings share the night shifts there. It's a big change in our lives but I keep trying to think of it as rather like he is back at a regular job. Just his job is his mom.

I'm still doing a lot of stress eating between that MIL business and my new job. I realize I have gotten out of the routine of eating veggies. I always had to make that a very conscious effort OP. I have a few days off work so will try to get motivated to shop and cook.

Have a great day.

P.S. I forgot to post this link for Cauliflower Noodle Spinach Lasagna. I haven't tried it but would love to know if anyone does.

Last edited by WaistingTime; 08-24-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks!
Yes, another summer is flying by but it has been a good one so I won't complain; although I do wish I could bottle a morning like today to pull out in mid-January!!

Not sure what is on the agenda today. I know I need to get some groceries. I should also make a zucchini cake since I shredded a couple of jumbo squash Saturday night. I already made a loaf of the bread using almond flour, with recipe thanks to Jennifer. Of course, both will get sliced and frozen since I have no control! I did get my tomatoes taken care of, and made the salsa.

Cottage, good luck to your dad.
Debbie, enjoy your day.
Ruth, you need to start exercising your "no" muscle!

Time to make my iced coffee.

I see Karen and Pearlrose snuck in while I was typing. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:56 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Summer really is flying by. I am in no hurry for the change of seasons, especially with the hard winter predictions. For now I am enjoying the garden bounty and planning my many, many fall chores. Tonight we leave for a few days of camping again. We have a lean-to right on the pond, so lots of kayaking whenever the weather allows. There is rain in the forecast tomorrow. That would not be such a bad thing. We never take time to slow down, so it would be nice to have a day of relaxing. I have garden logs to write and Tim has been wanting to sketch more. No matter the weather we will relax and enjoy some off the grid time. Once we get back fall chores will start calling.

I am off to a second interview this morning. The other job is very likely but no final offer yet, so I am still in my looking at options mode.

I need some simple veggie side dishes/salads to pack and my brain is stuck. I am going to make a batch of avocado gazpacho. Any other easy, camping side suggestions?

I'll pop in later for personals

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-24-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'm back enjoying reading posts while eating my lunch. Avery delicious grilled chicken cob salad. Finall stuck to my guns and got some miles in on the bike. Even dropped a package off at UPS.

Ruth if my mom lived closer I would send her your way to help finish the quilts. I bet she would love it by you and you would really like each other.

Debbie I can't believe August is almost to a close. I am ending it on a high note, going to see a Rascal Flatts on the 31st

Linda I hope your dad is OK

Karen you have a lot on your plate so be kind to yourself.

Beth thank you for being a teacher. I know a lot of teachers. Yes you do make a positive impact on so many lives. I still remember my favorites My zucchini bread is still in the freezer lol Not taking it out until I am under goal weight...I think it might be in there until October!

Pearlrose technically today is my Sunday. Hope your day goes smoothly

Cyndi enjoy your camping trip. it's so important to unplug

Better start my grocery list.

Enjoy another beautiful day

Last edited by jekel383; 08-24-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Closed Thread