Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194

Height: 5'2

Talking New-work in progress

Hi. My goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. I am work that is in progress. I started this journey back in June weighting at 214. I am now 194. 75lbs more to lose.
I have no problem with my weight lifting and Cardio routine. I struggle with what to eat. According to my BMR of 1579 with moderate activey of 5 days working out. My TDEE is 2172 calories. I chose a 30% deficit which puts my calories around 1627.which I barley ever reach. My macronutrients are Protein 40% Carbs 30% Fat 20%.
Sounds all great but I don't care about macronutrients. I just want to eat when I am hungry. I shifted to focus on calories rather then just carbs as I am a believer that you need all of the above P/C/F. I track my food and workouts . I have followed Atkins successfully but found I needed more carbs working out. Soooo I am here to learn what others are doing so that I can succeed at a nice pace with support. At the same time voice my thoughts.
I want this excess fat off my body.
Nice to meet everyone
Freetinasbod
freetinasbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Freetinasbod! It sounds like you have a great plan! And you are doing wonderfully, having lost 20 lbs since June! Great job! If you are still hungry each day and it's problematic for you, perhaps a 30% deficit is too great. Maybe you could try 20-25% and see if that helps, or rotate higher- and lower-calorie days, higher on your workout days, lower on your non-workout days. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194

Height: 5'2

Default Yes

Thank you. I definitely need to reconfigure my numbers. Looking forward to losing the rest. Oh by the way I am 5'2 and 43 year old female.
freetinasbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Freestinasbod! I'm 64 and in the last 11 months I've lost 120 pounds. I started with my own plan like you (mostly just no sugar or gluten) but half way thru read " The Gabriel Method" and will continue with that all my life with joy and ease. I don't count anything! I was in a wheelchair to begin so only did "chair" exercises from various DVDs. Now I swim twice a week.
I used EFT (or tapping) for cravings and emotional upsets.Jessica Ortners book is the best for that. Be sure to look up Jon Gabriel's site. He's offering a free month of his support group there. On it he has visualizations you can listen to that really help with all kinds of issues. They helped me crave veggies ^ Salads which I've avoided and hated my whole like. Tons of info on nutrition and esp. your gut health. OH! Did I forget to mention he lost 226 pounds ? Even if you stick with counting so much great info there.
Enough of my bandbox. I'm a Fairy so I'm sprinkling you with magical

BTW old pic below -Red Color Diet is a crazy 45 day jump start I did that really did get me off sugar last summer. But lots of great "tools" there.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote