WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default exercise and points!

Can someone please explain to me how the exercise thing works! I have the books and slide and all that good stuff but i do not go weigh in i do it at home,i cant afford the $10 every week so its much cheaper if i do it at home on my own! I never was told how to do the deduction or banking of points for exercising,i also lift weights too!
I do about an hour of cardio a day and then i also lift!
Any information anyone can give me will ceartainly be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 08-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #2  

BUmp! Hello,someone must know!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:31 PM   #3  

I'm not clear on what your question is.

Do you understand how to calculate the activity points you earned? If not, determine the intensity (cardio is probably moderate to high), you know the time, and you know your weight, so you can line up all that stuff to find out how many points you earn.

Once it's earned, a point can be used exactly as a regular food point would be.

Does that help? If not, you might want to be a little more specific about what your issues are.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:38 PM   #4  

Well i dont have an exercise slide or anything,i guess what i am wanting to know is how do they calculate exercise into your points.
I thought maybe it is for every 30 minutes of exercise you deduct 1 point?
I do 1 hr of moderate to intense exercise,i go from the elliptical for 30 min then i go to the treadmill for the additional 30 min.
Am i making any sense
Old 08-14-2003, 05:22 PM   #5  

Hi !
Not sure if you got your answer yet or not, but I found this on here awhile back.
Light Activity take Weight x Minutes x .000232 = pts to take off.
Moderate - weight x minutes x .000327 = pts
High- weight x minutes x .0008077 = pts.
I hope this helps!
Old 08-14-2003, 06:03 PM   #6  

Why thank you!!!!! THat does help,i did it as moderate X 149 and came with 2.92,so i guess that means 2 pts taken off! Am i on the right track,i dont know what they would consider high intensity so to be on the safe side i will do it as moderate!! Thank you so much
Old 08-18-2003, 01:03 PM   #7  

I just want to clarify something. What are you "deducting" this point from??? Points that you earn can be added to your daily points so that, if you choose, you can have more to eat.

Are we talking about the same thing but coming from a different direction? I just want to make sure you're not cheating yourself out of legitimate points by taking them away from your range.

If I'm completely misunderstanding you, then nevermind....
Old 08-18-2003, 11:29 PM   #8  

Hi again!
Actually yes scoutruns your right I guess I just worded this wrong. Sorry Jessjohnsmom. Thanks for clearing that up for us .
Old 08-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #9  

I got cha now! Instead of taking 2 points away from my daily points i add 2 points to my daily limit,instead of 23 limit i can eat up to 25!!!!!!!!! Gotcha Thats good to know!!!! Thank you all again!!!!!!
Closed Thread