South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Very Last Day of July - The 31st!

There goes summer. We had a big cooldown overnight and I have finally turned off the AC. It actually felt cold in the bedroom when I opened up the windows.

Today is the day that Leenie and Lauren drive up from NJ for a two night visit. It will be so good to see them. I wish we all could be here for lunch. This continent is too darned big! No idea what our plans are but will do the usual countryside tour and give them a taste of what rural Ontario is like. I won't take them on that scary ride through the back woods since the road is probably washed out from yesterday's torrential rain. We will definitely visit the Mill and part of the Rideau Canal - can't miss a World Heritage Site. Other than that, there will be lots of chat and dog petting and generally catching up.

I am off duty at the Mill but may check out the Milling on Saturday. I am really looking forward to some time off!

Enjoy this last day and the weekend. This province has a stat holiday on Monday which will be nice.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:52 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and Beachers yet to arrive I can't believe I've been MIA so many days! We left Monday night for a camping vacationette, three nights in a place with absolutely no WiFi or cell service. We needed it. It was also 10 degrees cooler and close to the border (I waved Ruth). Now I have to buckle down, get the current produce in and plant the fall garden in the empty spaces. Oh, and somehow I ended up with three interviews in 5 days Not sure how I feel about that.

Ruth- Delta is still on my Bucket List. When Tim renewed his license I made sure he got the kind that lets us visit Canada Have a great time with Leenie and Lauren.

Now to start working through that long ToDo list before I head out to interview. I've lost 13 lbs since leaving the job so of course, nothing fits. that will be fun.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We have a beautiful day today, low 80's and low humidity. I have no excuse for not working on my garden projects today. This evening might also involved some oven projects; I see zucchini bread in my future.

It is sad to see July go. DS2 will be coming home from his camp job this weekend and will have about 2 weeks before we take him back to college. And then it will be my turn, although I am not going to wish away August! It's just that time keeps moving!

Ruth, have a great visit.
Cyndi, glad you had a nice vacation and good luck on the interviews!

Off to find breakfast and get my mojo on!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-31-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cyndi good luck on the interview. A great job losing 13!!! I think work adds to weightless challenge as the internal stress plays havoc on cortisol.

Ruth sounds like you will have a nice weekend with your NJ friends.

Safe travels to Linda

it is a beautiful morning however we are supposed to be in the 90's by lunchtime. No rest for the AC this week! After a quick tidying up here I'll get motivated to bring the work car in for an oil change. Luckily the place we use gets us in and out quickly. On my drive in I do need to stop at my last reporting location to pick up my 45. I promised my step dad I would bring it.

Time for the pups morning belly rubs....I know DS will not give them the loving I do so they get extra this week....you know to help my guilt for leaving them lol

Stay cool chicks
Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Enjoy your company and last week of July

Cyndi. Your holiday sounds lovely and good luck with the interviews

Beth. Your holiday is really going by fast. Enjoy the rest of it

Jennifer. Hope you really r3lax during your vacation

well, dd and gds left yesterday. It was a hard week with the hot weather. Of course, dd always found a reason to go into the big city without the boys. She lives in a little town with less than 2500 people.
I'm excited going to pick apricots tomorrow and will be using my pressure canner for the first time to seal my jam.. Hope I like it.
have a nice weekend everyone.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread