South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sweltering Wednesday - July 29

Good morning and happy Hump Day! The coffee seems particularly good this morning. I just may take my mug out to the deck and watch the day unfold.

Today is going to be a record-breaking day for heat and it's also the day I finish putting away the Christmas stuff. I did a good amount of sorting yesterday and made all sorts of interesting discoveries - extra gifts which I've listed and will try to get rid of this year. I sometimes go overboard on Christmas shopping. (Yes, I confess there a few things destined to be "re-gifts".)

It's cleaning day here and Sierra (Michelle's daughter) is coming early to beat the heat. My new guestroom is close to being ready although the mirror over the dresser needs some work before it is attached. The dresser top is terrible but I won't be refinishing it until fall - a dresser scarf will cover it for now. The new sheets and blankets worked out perfectly. I'll hang some pictures and will be done.

Tomorrow I'll make a trip to town for some groceries and a few other things - seems like I've not been to Brockville for a month! I've been buying (and selling) locally lately.

I hope your Wednesday is a good one. Do something nice for yourself even if it's just taking time to slather on hand cream!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A good name for today's post would be Wilting Wednesday, since this heat is making all my plants beg for water. Jake will be giving them all a good soaking this morning, which should make them happy again.

The new washer is due to be delivered today, and I'm hopeful that it will happen first thing. Luckily, I've been able to use the washer in the carriage house, but it is a bit of a hassle to go back and forth. If it comes early enough, the girls have a choice to either go shopping for last minute things for their trip, or I can bring them here to swim. I'll leave that decision up to them.
Either way, my plan is to stay cool today!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth, and all chicks to follow!

Funny, we had a hot day yesterday, although I don't think it got as bad as they thought it would. And then it cooled down to very comfortable temps, we even turned the a/c off and slept comfortably! This morning is beautiful - just a little bit cool. I think we're supposed to reach...94 today. Still way better than living in NC!

I have a breakfast meeting this AM (I'm not looking forward to it...) and then PT after that. I get twice weekly neck massages - not bad, eh? Then do something this afternoon with the kids to keep cool - but after my nap, of course!

Hope everyone makes it over hump day okay...
Old 07-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Wilting Wednesday! Thanks for the reminder, Tammy. I must water my flower boxes. They are under the overhang of the porch roof and don't get wet when we have rain!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

I just came in from watering the hanging basket and re-filling the bird bath. We are sweltering and wilting today also.

Not sure what is on the agenda; perhaps staying inside in the AC? Maybe this would be a good time to clean off my desk and organize the mountain of paper I have been neglecting.

Happy Hump Day and keep cool, chicks!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Take care in the sweltering heat everyone! I'm sitting on the porch year and it's quite cool this morning. Looks to be a nice day. We don't get the humidity here. I have a massage this morning then probably head to Denver to stock up on food. The dogs will have to stay home because it will be hot down there. I'll just make a quick trip down and back. Tired this morning, committed to getting some rest.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Well, I got right to it and have now finished packing away Christmas. I managed to break the turkey platter but it was an el cheapo, not the antique one. Sierra is here and tackling the cleaning upstairs. She has her BF's truck and is going to take a load of cardboard to the dumpster. (Why do I save the cardboard tubes that wrapping paper comes on? Do I have "hoarder" tendencies?)

I was planning to do a shop in town this afternoon but realized that the shopping centres will be crowded as there is a heat advisory and all the seniors without AC will be there.
Closed Thread