Old 07-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/196/150

Default starting tomorrow!

Hello ladies!
I had done Atkins many years ago and had amazing success. Over several years and 4 kids later here I am, way over weight and addicted to sugar. I have tried over the past couple of years to get back on it, all with a big fat fail! I HAVE got to do this. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. Any tips on how to get thru the first week. I need some motivational stories too.Thanks for the support.
slapmyassncallmesall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/147/125

Height: 5"1'

Welcome!

This is also my 3rd+ time around. I intend it to be my last by doing it differently. Basically I'm actually trying to follow the plan this time (as opposed to staying in induction the entire time and never working through maintenance) So far I've lost about 25lbs.

My tips are:
-Buy one of the Atkins books and read it cover to cover.
-Remember that Atkins is pretty much all or nothing. A cheat can cost you a week of weight loss. It takes 3-5 days for most people to get into ketosis (fat burning) and once you're out (by eating more than 40 carbs in one day) it can take you another 3-5 days to get back into it. Rarely worth the cheat.
-Track/write down everything you eat
-Be sure to drink at least 64oz of water and during the first week, add some sodium (like broth or sugar free powerade) to help prevent headaches
-Don't skimp on the dietary fat. This is really a moderate protein/high fat diet (not the reverse) Frying your eggs in butter, adding sour cream, mayo, olive oil etc to your food will speed fat loss.

Hope this helps and Best of luck!
JSK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 175

Welcome!
I am not a motivational story or success story but WILL become one!
In the past, I have also had success with Atkins and it is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Unfortunately, I have not stuck to it and allowed myself to get to a very unhealthy weight. I am working on it, one day at a time……..even when I sometimes took steps backwards rather than moving in the right direction.
Plan meals and snacks ahead, that's something that has been beneficial for me.
JerseyGYRL is a wealth of knowledge and always willing to guide and offer advice. She is a GREAT lady who will say it like it is and always guide you in the right direction!
Everybody here (Atkins forum) is very nice and supportive.
I started the first Daily Accountability thread which is now closed but somebody else started the 2nd one and there are lots of wonderful people eager to help.
Check it out.
Again, best of luck to you!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 07-29-2015 at 02:23 PM.
healthyin2015 is offline   Reply With Quote