Old 07-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #1  

Default IP at Girl Scout Camp?

Hi all - I'm headed to a 3 day Girl Scout camp in August with my 6 year old. I think it will be more summer camp, not really camping. I'm pretty clueless what the food situation will be like, but determined to stay compliant! Has anyone been in a similar situation recently?

I think they don't really want you to bring your own food, but I doubt they are going to raid my stuff! I'm thinking I'll need the dry packs mostly, with probably a shake for breakfasts... Will probably only be a few meals really. 2 dinners/2 breakfasts/1 lunch by the time it's all done (not counting meals on the way there & back)

Any other ideas?
desirae_nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 475/438/175

Height: 5'8"

You can email the camp and ask what the meal situation will be, and let them k now you are on a DR supervised eating plan and need to bring some of your own food. They should accomodate?
nimmer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:08 AM   #3  

Desirae here is a great thread with some great travel tips:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-warrior.html
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #4  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I would think that bringing packets would not be a problem. GS doesn't want the girls to bring food but, as an adult with specific dietary needs, it should be okay. Maybe get your clinic to write something up for you explaining this. Call your local Council and speak with someone there. Maybe get the camp director contact info and call /email them to find out the menu for that weekend and to see what they think bout the veggie situation. I'm pretty sure you would not have access to a fridge but puddings (mix or premades), drink mixes and non chocolate bars would be the way to go. As for as veggies, you could dehydrate some and pack in unless Council okays your bringing in a cooler for them. The mess hall food will most likely not be OP. Again, check with your Council and explain your dietary needs. They should be cooperative.
(My daughter was in GS for 12 years and earned her Gold Award as a Junior in High School.)

Last edited by frawniemae; 07-24-2015 at 10:39 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #5  

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas! I know the council here in Montana are easy to talk to. I will have to give them a call. Thanks!
desirae_nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #6  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirae_nicole View Post
Thanks for all the feedback and ideas! I know the council here in Montana are easy to talk to. I will have to give them a call. Thanks!
You're in Montana? I'm jelly. And GS camping there has to be nicer than the mugginess of deep east Texas! Have fun!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote