South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Friday, July 3 - TGIF!

Good morning and TGIF ... and it's the Glorious Fourth tomorrow! My Yankee blood will be flowing.

Debbie, I gave my furries an extra cuddle this morning and thought of you and your dear Bing. So hard to let go.

Just realized Ian is coming down from the Island for coffee or tea this morning and I don't have a single cookie in the house - biscuit to him. Our store opens at 8 so I may take a run down there and get ginger snaps or some other kind that I don't like.

In my recent de-cluttering, I have gathered together odds and ends of gold and silver which I am going to take in for appraisal and maybe sale this afternoon. Should be interesting. My daughter and my DIL have no interest in polishing silver and I'm pretty weary of it so out it goes.

Whoops! It's trash day because of the holiday Wednesday so I need to hustle. My nutsy neighbour put his garbage out yesterday and I notice it's spread across his lawn. We do have a resident who lets her dogs run free at night and they must have had a ball.

Looks like a sunny day and a nice weekend are on the menu! Enjoy!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:42 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, I hope the results of your decluttering are profitable! Thanks for getting us started this morning!

Thx for kind wishes, everyone! Bing is hanging in there. The medication modification has helped, although at this point I just feel it's a pretty short term solution. Each day is a gift!

I just woke DH up. He slept most of the afternoon then got up and watched tv until late. He has been living in our "garden shed" for 7 weeks so is liking technology right now. We are headed to Glenwood for 2 days. I work bright and early Sunday morning. I'd say not go but we do have loads of ripe raspberries falling off the vine. Kirk will come back with me and do his unpacking/reorganizing Sunday then probably head right back over early Monday morning.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 07-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's looking like we just might squeeze out a sunny day today.

Ruth, doesn't it feel so good to declutter? I try to do it on a regular basis. How did you make out with Sierra yesterday? Mmmmm, I wish I could go to your Delta store and pick up some of those scrumptious Oat Cakes they have! Have a nice visit with your cousin.

Debbie, I'm glad Kirk had a safe trip back, and that Bing is doing better. Have a good trip over to Glenwood.

We have nothing exciting planned for the holiday weekend since we had our family cookout and celebrated last weekend. My dad will be away on a field trip with a friend today, so I scheduled a hairdresser appt. for this afternoon, and plan to clean the house and get laundry done this morning. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so that may put a damper on any fireworks that were planned.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning This has been a week of challenges and annoyances. I hope this is the end for now. Wed. afternoon DH found a propane leak on the hot water heater. I've been saying I smelled propane for months but he didn't and thought maybe there was a little mildew somewhere. Now we have no hot water until the middle of next week. Normally that would just be an annoyance, but DD and family were supposed to visit for the weekend. Obviously no hot water is too challenging with the baby, so they are just making it a day trip. I am going to see if our favorite campground has a lean-to available. A hot shower sounds like a very good thing right now. The eye is healing pretty well, I guess. Top layer of stitches out Monday.

Ruth - It's trash day here too. Cricket always wakes up for that

Debbie - Sorry to hear about Bing. Please give him an extra scritch for me, such a sweetie.

Cottage - Hope it's a relaxing weekend

Time to get moving. I've got a few errands to run and some last minute cleaning to do before DD arrives
Old 07-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - You're a good hostess (and I am not!).

Cottage - you could come here for the fireworks

Debbie - welcome back Kirk . Glad Bing is a feeling a bit better.

Cyndi - ick, no hot water! Glad no one got sick from the fumes.

I am so annoyed at myself...I said I'd work Tuesday for my colleague's day off...her day off is Wednesday. DUH. (it was Tuesday while I was gone last time) Why didn't anyone point it out to me?!?! So now I have to make some schedule changes.

Today will be a bit tough, we are so busy and overbooked. I woke up early, but because I was so ticked at myself, couldn't fall back asleep after my meds. Do you think I could take a nap at work!? I bet some of the patients would way rather take a nap with me then to get shots, whaddaya think!?

Onward HO!
Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! We have another day of glorious sunshine! Yesterday I took an early morning walk with DH and then spent the bulk of the day weeding, trimming and edging. I think more of the same is on today's agenda.

Ruth, don't be insulted, but I think of you on Thursdays when I also take out my trash. Have a nice visit this morning.

Debbie, hugs to Bing and enjoy having Kirk back.

Cyndi, no hot water?? Glad DD will still have a short visit. (and I'm going to have to go back and remind myself what happened to your eye)

Cottage, DH pointed out we will be alone for the 4th as well. The kids grow up don't they.

I think I'm going to make my 2nd cup of coffee iced with SF vanilla today.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Tammy!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up just haven't had a chance to pop in here. I am doing partial wfh day and my internet was just crawling. It's funny to me that everytime I call they notice no problems but all of a sudden my speed is fine. I did speed test prior and it was at 8.2 and afterwards it shot up to 15.2. Some of the fireworks around have been canceled due to soggy fields. Not sure what we shall do today there is a parade and fireworks in two towns over and then there is St. Louis bands and fireworks.

Ruth that is nice of you to run down to accommodate your guest.

Cottage enjoy your day, I need my hair done but scheduled it out for another week so it would be good for our vacation at the end of the month, same with coloring should be done now but going to wait a few more days as well.

Debbie enjoy your trip over the hill, glad Kirk arrived safely and Bing is holding his own

Cyndi glad you found out about the leak though no hot water yuk, enjoy the visit with DD

Tywnn I hate when I mess up my schedule, hope work goes by quickly for you

Beth we finally have a couple of days with no rain and the sun is peeking out as well

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Cindy Propane leak is scary!!! Once while using a friends camper, the propane leaked and I had the worst asthma attack of my life!!! Tank was just outside our bed area.

Debbie Great combinations, Kirk home, rasberries ripe and he gets TV again.

Cottage As you do, we have a calm 4th of July planned and will let our neighbors set off the fireworks for us to enjoy. Normally our neighborhood is really quiet on 4th because many go to watch fireworks, parades, etc else where.

Gym yesterday was extra hard because of the long time since I've been able to go. At least I'm started back toward building strength that way.

Enjoy and be safe, Sandy
Old 07-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

TECHNICALLY it is still Friday, so i am squeaking in here - we are supposed to leave for vacation tomorrow - with the exception of having done all the laundry, we are completely unprepared. Haven't shopped, have packed any of the clean clothes, haven't cleaned the house: nothing.

Ah, well - should be an interesting day!!

Be well -
Closed Thread