Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'9

Red face I broke it and then I broke down.....

Hi there, everyone! I am looking forward to finding support and offering support during this life change.

I have done the weight loss thing before, and it never stuck. I lost 45 pounds a year and a half ago, but it came back with an additional 10 pounds.

I have been thinking about starting back up to get healthy, but kept giving up... and then it happened.

I was out on my back deck, and I went to sit in one of our patio chairs and CRACK, I broke the thick plastic about 4 inches in the seat of the chair.

I am HORRIFIED!

If that wasn't the kick in the butt that I needed, I don't know what will be. I was embarrassed enough being alone, I can't imagine had it been in a restaurant or something. *sigh*

I don't have any excuse for my weight gain other than just being lazy. I'm working to change my diet and then add in more serious exercise. One day at a time.

I am in my late 20s, two children, in a relationship. I'm 5'9, and 235 pounds.

Thank you for taking time to read this Can't wait to "meet" you!

Last edited by Amzo; 06-25-2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Fixed something :)
Amzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Welcome Amzo! You may want to check out the 20-somethings section--we're pretty active there. I can relate to having an embarrassing moment jumpstart my desire to lose weight.... I got on an airplane and the seatbelt didn't fit--that was my moment (along with some very unflattering photos of me that same year) that got me to start my weight loss journey. Good luck! How did you lose your original 45 pounds? And, are you planning on doing any sort of diet or exercise plan?
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
Welcome Amzo! You may want to check out the 20-somethings section--we're pretty active there. I can relate to having an embarrassing moment jumpstart my desire to lose weight.... I got on an airplane and the seatbelt didn't fit--that was my moment (along with some very unflattering photos of me that same year) that got me to start my weight loss journey. Good luck! How did you lose your original 45 pounds? And, are you planning on doing any sort of diet or exercise plan?
Hi kisskiss! Thanks for the response I'll check out the 20 somethings, thanks!

I originally lost the weight through swimming and a healthy diet. I have since moved and don't have access to a pool. This time around I plan on the healthy and low calorie diet, along with walking and my stationary bike.
Amzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Amzo! I had an embarrassing incident too and in front of people! I was on an old step stool, not realizing that the top of it was only a heavy cardboard and probably had a weight limit, and it starting bowing and I had people yelling at me to get off because it was going to break! I got off in time and just started laughing but coincidentally started my diet the next day! Those incidents must be blessings in disguise to get us thinking and moving! Good to have you here! It's a great community, and it looks like you're already making friends! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #5  

Good luck to you on the start of your journey!

I understand how you feel with your incident and thank you for sharing it. We have all had our not so nice moments and it definitely helps to be able to share them.
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228 / 217/ Lose the next pound

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Aboard! Life throws us challenges and it's up to us to accept them and move forward. You are moving in the right direction and you'll find all the support you need to keep you motivated. We are all here to help each other reach our goals.

Good Luck!
UncleRodge is offline   Reply With Quote