Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #1  

Smile Hello from Upstate NY!

Hi! I'm 45, 5' 8-1/2", 188 pounds. I live in the Albany, NY area with my husband and 16 year old daughter. I've been on my weight loss journey (seriously) since April 3, 2013.

At my heaviest (278) in 2011 I joined WW, had steady success for 6 months and lost 40 lbs. While I was happy about it I was confused as to why it was only one pant size and I didn't really feel any better, I was still tired ALL the time. I lost motivation and for another year tried to get it back before finally giving up. I had gained back 20 lbs.

In 2013 I decided I was done with all diets and I needed to try something different. I had never taken exercise seriously so I joined a gym and switched my usual cold cereal breakfast for a green smoothie. I started 3x/wk at the gym and was more aware of what I was eating, made small changes but nothing else. That summer I worked with a PT, increased to 4x/wk and more challenging workouts. Within 5 months I had lost 20 lbs but what shocked me was that I had lost 2+ pants sizes and I felt incredible. I had so much energy during the day and was sleeping well at night.

I joined a couple of gym-sponsored challenges, made more changes to my diet and was going to the gym 6x/week. I started tracking. By November 2014 I was 182, down 96 pounds and SO close to my goal of losing 100. I felt fantastic; I had gone from size 22 to 12/14. But I struggled all last winter, gaining and losing with no consistency in my diet and ended the winter with a net gain of 16 lbs.

I finally found my mojo 5 weeks ago and I'm determined to at least get back to 182 in the next 6 weeks before I go on vacation, with only 6 pounds to go! I would love to hit my goal in that time, by losing 10 - I'm hopeful but not going to stress myself out in order to do it.
ang517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to 3FC!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #3  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome