South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 05:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday, SBD Chat, April 30

Good Morning

Another month is gone....amazing! I got lots accomplished yesterday and this morning upon wakening (before coffee) I decided to head over the hill for at least one day. I think I'll do a little picking up first...get the laundry finished and clean out the car. I have quite a storage shed going on in there. lol. The weather looks like it will be great. Now to find that coffee!

I'm thankful for you all today and everyday! What's happening in your world?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Debbie! As always, you are a whirlwind of early morning activity.

Today I'm thankful for another sunny spring day. Not that it is difficult, but I keep reminding myself to appreciate the beautiful weather after all that cold and snow. I won't even complain about rainy days!

Pearlrose, I guess it is human nature to whine a bit; I know most jobs don't get the summer off. On the other hand, every profession has its pros and cons.

Today is another normal work day; I hope to get out and at last take a walk after school. Yesterday I got trapped in a meeting and it didn't happen.

Got to run chicks; and it's my day to take out the trash on the way out. Have a great day!
Old 04-30-2015, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Have a nice drive over the hill, Debbie, and I hope your weather stays nice.

I'm going to accompany my father to his endoscopy this morning, since he's a little nervous about going by himself. I just hope it doesn't take up the entire morning so I can get out to the farm and get some things done. Then the girls have their Spring Concert tonight, so I'll be going to that.

I made an appointment with the chiropractor yesterday while I had the girls there, and my first appointment is Monday, after much urging from Cindy. I sure hope he can get my back straightened out! I am moving around a little better in the meantime, though.

OK, I'd better grab another cup of coffee before head out. I'm not sure whether the waiting room at the hospital will have one or not, but I'm not about to get coffee from a vending machine.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. I am always so glad to see you in here and smell the coffee.

Yes, it's the last day of a strange month but the weather has decided to be spring for a while. I see buds on the trees and the robin at the Old Town Hall has finished building her nest over the porch and was sitting on it yesterday. She's laid eggs so we are going to have to leave her to it, mess and all.

We now have finished our hiring and I think we have a good team for the summer season. Official training starts May 11 and we open for the season on Saturday of that week.

My only "must" for today is to put out the trash but I "must" do a laundry. The cheap electricity rates are after seven at night until now but by then I am ready to relax and watch TV. Right now (prime time) the rate has doubled. I think I may go over to the coinwash and throw in the three loads all at once.

Just went outside and it's a beautiful day. I may put on some clothes, lug out the trash and then sit on the back deck with another coffee.

Have a lovely spring day!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Simul posts. at Linda and Beth. Linda good idea to see the chiro. Beth, how many more days until school is out?
Old 04-30-2015, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks.

Debbie making plans before coffee, now that's impressive. My brain doesn't function without it.

Linda I hope your dad's colonoscopy goes well. Good luck with the chiropractor. I have alignment issues with my hips, but after my back surgery I'm really hesitant to see a chiropractor again.

Beth enjoy your walk after work, it's a perfect day

Today I am thankful for finding this wonderful group and SB. I'll be extra thankful when my interview is done and I am on my train home. I plan on riding when I get back. I don't want to chance anything before I need to leave.

Refill anyone?
Old 04-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #7  

Hi Ruth you snuck in on me. My electric rates are the same no matter what time of the day. Con Edison likes my money 24/7 lol. Congrats on hiring the interns
Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck today, Jennifer! I'm sending positive vibes your way!

Ruth, our electric rates stay the same 24 hours a day. After hearing you mention it several times, I went ahead and checked. Peco likes my money, too.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - I'm with Jennifer. I'm pretty sure my neck issues were exacerbated by the chiro. Just be careful!

I'm in a hotel in OH, part way to Chicago. Thinking of you all!

XOXO
Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Jennifer - Good luck!

Yesterday we rode for 33 miles which was longer than my plan and I was worn out after. This morning, my mom and SIL and I are trying out a new gym in town that does something similar to Pilates machines. I'll run some errands over that way after. Just found out yesterday that a cousin died and my mom and I literally got the last seats on a flight out Sunday. DH was going to go with us so we are checking back often to see if another seat becomes available (since customers can put them on hold).

Enjoy your day.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Looks to be another nice day but my allergies are acting up, I actually slept with a breathe right last night and that really helped the congestion versus taking any meds.

Today is wfh and I am busy writing up business justifications, tomorrow I do go into office for last day of the week.

Debbie have fun over the hill, hope you get to visit the pool

Beth your are definitely right there are pro's and con's to each profession. I know how hard teachers work year round and should have a well deserved rest. I only get jealous in the summer months

Cottage I hope the chiro helps, I went to one once for my neck issues and it actually hurt worse afterwards, but for back issues it might work better

Ruth glad you got all your hiring done, I am starting another round probably next week but for me it's just a never ending cycle

Jekel sending positive thoughts your way for your interview today

Tywnn safes travels today

Karen wow I am impressed with your mileage that is awesome.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

A fly by this morning, getting used to my new schedule and enjoying Wed. & Thurs. with DH. He has them off very week so we will always have a weekend, at least for now.

Just want to weigh-in on the chiropractor issue. I've seen several and really love my current chiropractor. It is normal to feel achy for a couple of days after an adjustment. It's not massage that just loosens muscles up. A good adjustment should gently move things back where they belong, not where they've shifted. I've often needed ibuprofen and warm baths for a day or two after, but it's usually worth it. I have had problems when my hips are adjusted. My body just really doesn't like them even. Now I leave them alone. The last two times they were adjusted it sent my whole back into spasm. Both chiropractors got me right back in though, and all was well. It wasn't them, it is just the way my body has settled in over time.
ETA - and a good chiropractor should never adjust your neck without asking before!

Now I need to get moving. DH is at an appointment, then we have a full day of yard and garden work and picking up a new to him bike.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-30-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #13  

Flyby for me, trying to get dinner on! Been on the phone to the visa attorney all arvo about moving us to Florida, looks like i have some work to do to get the company to the size where we can do that - unless someone offers me a job!

Dsappointing week for me, finished P1 and not dropped a single pound. No cheating, no slips. I guess it's just harder the second time round!

Cyndi - i hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'3"

Greetings. Day 5 of Ph 1 for me. No idea if I've lost weight because I still haven't found my scale (I moved in January and of course I haven't unpacked everything yet).

Making lemon & garlic dump chicken with green beans in the crock pot. A friend invited me to try a gentle yoga class tonight, but I'm pretty swamped, so I'm not sure I'll go.

Have a good one, all.

-Cole
Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #15  

OberonDM sometimes after the first go around it takes a little longer to see the scale drop. Especially if you maintained healthy eating habits along the way. Try not to get discouraged you will lose when your body is ready

Cole enjoy your dinner. Sometimes. it having a scale is a good thing. Judge your progress on who you feel and how your clothes fit. Sometimes we see inches lost with the scale budging.

Ok Cyndi I gotta know.....what kind of bike is DH getting? Can you tell I am a little into cycling lol....Karen I did 33 miles yesterday too. If we lived closer I would ride with you

The interview is done and my head is spinning. The questions were very wordy and I depth. At one point I asked if I even answered the question or went off on a tangent. The damage is done, now we just wait and see. Par for the course when I arrived, I visited the little girl's room. Well low and behold my panties were in a bunch....literally inside out and backwards! Since I was wearing panty hose (yes I wear them being dressed up doesn't feel right without them) I left them alone lol....I'll use that as my excuse if they don't choose me lol
Closed Thread