Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Triathlon training??

Hey everybody-
Yeah, I'm crazy. I want to begin training for an ironman. I'll have to stay on track with weight loss and it's something I've wanted to do. I've signed up for a sprint triathlon in August, (this is going to be a baby-step process, if you haven't noticed my cw) a half ironman and then do a full ironman fall of 2016. I didn't know if anyone else has ever thought about doing an ironman and the steps you've taken to start training. Ive bought a few books, scoured the internet for tips-just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there as crazy as myself Thanks!!!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #2  
Starting the Journey

S/C/G: 243.2/226.8/143.2

Height: 5'2''

I've wanted to do a triathlon for the past ten years, so, nope I don't think you're crazy. I'm taking swim lessons for the next two months, so there might be a possibility of a sprint tri by the end of the summer for me.

I've always been pretty active, so I don't think it'd too big a Jun"considering your current weight". I was incredibly active in the 170's - high 180's where I spent all of my life but the past eight months.

Any particularly fun resources you've found? And did you come across Snoop Blog? That's a great one for a peak into someone's everyday training experiences.
ayrenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:51 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I did Ironman USA in Lake Placid.... Was an absolutely amazing experience... I had only been doing triathlons for 2 years prior... a couple of half ironmans, Olympic distances, etc... But I had been running marathons prior to that and I had a competitive background in all 3 sports... I trained for a year to prepare while I was a full time student and usually spent between 12 to 20 hours a week training... And even with all that it still took me over 15 HOURS to finish!

All my running friends thought I was crazy... But I was determined and somehow I did it....

My suggestion would be to run a marathon and do some half ironman's as well as you build up to it.... Good Luck!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote