Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/140

Height: 5'5"

Default venting

I'm just frustrated and venting.

I'm in week three of my new lifestyle of being active and eating healthy.

I'm 28, 276lbs, 5'5".

I track calories using fitnesspal, exercise using a mix of HIIT, cardio and Pilates 30 mins a day and usually 20 mins of yoga before bed to relax.

This first week I lost a crazy 11lbs! Since then I've just fluctuated +/- 5lbs everyday.
Last night I totally blew my calories by snacking on some granola. Ugh. I know it's insignificant in the grand scheme of this journey but I'm hating it nonetheless.

So today I'm going to rock my workout and really watch my intake and get back at it.

Last edited by lovemyself33; 03-10-2015 at 07:46 AM. Reason: more venting that anything
lovemyself33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #2  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Sounds like you may be pushing yourself a bit - weight loss takes a long time to happen, so be patient!

Nearly every health source I've seen says that losing 1lb per week is a healthy amount, and that losing 1.5-2 is a very ambitious goal and requires very intensive training (like 1-2 hours per day, for those people who do two gym sessions, etc.). While it's awesome that you lost 11lbs your first week, it's fairly likely you've lost a lot of muscle in there, too!

Also, don't worry, even the fittest people fluctuate that amount in a day.
If you snacked on some granola, awesome! It's probably not going to kill the 500cal deficit you need, and even if it does, you're fueling your body and getting good stuff in. You really won't feel the difference.

But be patient with yourself! You're going to be losing a lot slower than that if you're building healthy habits, but you'll keep it off if you do.

Good luck!
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 82/70.5/70kg

Height: 165cm

It takes time... trust me.

I want to link my Tendweight graph to show you but I am not worthy to post links yet >_<
dimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You are young, short and fat.

And busting it.

So the weight will come off fast! Which is great. Don't feel limited. 11lbs in a week is great. I managed 4lbs a week all the way down from 281lbs to 180lbs and I was older and taller than you (which gives you the advantage). So work it and within your limits. But you are off to a great start.

Weight fluctuations happen. So you need to be consistent on how you weigh. I weigh every day, naked, upon waking, before eating or drinking anything and after p!issing. If I am lucky I will sh!t before I weigh.

As for the granola, don't sweat it.

Last edited by IanG; 03-10-2015 at 08:44 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote