South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Well, it's Wednesday again - January 21

Good morning. The coffee is particularly good this a.m. - and not because it has Bailey's in it. (That's reserved for holiday treat and Christmas is over.)

Another hectic day yesterday but I did get the licence schmozzle settled - their mistake. Now I need to wait for a bit of warmth to stick on my January 2017 sticker. I need a heated garage. Ontario doesn't give you a brand new plate every year - just a dated sticker. I may warm up the plate with my hairdryer to git 'er done! (It's -10ºF this morning again.)

Katherine was here all afternoon yesterday. We did get our events planning project done but spent most of the time getting to know each other better. She has great ideas about how to re-arrange my livingroom after the floors are done. Getting rid of two huge bookcases will help. She took the rest of the CDs with her so that's progress. (I did keep a fairly large selection for myself.)

Not sure what today will bring but do plan to try to put a little order into the chaos of my quilting room. Let's face it, I am not going to be doing much quilting when I have Angus Pup with me and am also in house strip-down mode before I leave for Cuba on February 6th. Guess I should dig out some summer clothes - and lose 50 pounds.

Have a lovely day whatever hump you are climbing. (Thinking particularly o Debbie and Matilda as they deal with family issues.)
Old 01-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Ruth! Just checking in while I give the car time to heat up; we have -11 this morning but it is clear meaning we will have sunshine.

I really like 4 day work weeks; all day yesterday I kept thinking it was Monday and got a pleasant surprise when I realized that it was Tuesday already.

No special events here today, just work and a meeting with students after school.

Tammy, hope you feel better.
Debbie and Matilda, good thoughts going your way.
To all the other chicks, have a great day.

Last edited by Beth19; 01-21-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Popping in after my work week. Now I need to catch up on posts to see what I have missed. Ruth a warm tropical vacation sounds absolutely lovely.

DS has another dilemma. He found a full time job, but if he works full time he has to take their health insurance. If he works part time he can stay on mine until he is 29 (my health insurance is awesome) Welcome to the real world kid.

I am excited to go to the foot doctor this morning. I am way over due for new orthotics. Oh yeah life is so exciting lol

Have a great day
Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Sounds like Katherine has got some great ideas. Maybe I could bribe her to cross the border for a few days?

Also thinking of Debbie and Matilda with their current challenges.

And I too appreciate unloading here a bit! Today is my 6 week check up. I don't expect much out of it, except to be told I can drive, and I can only work PT, and to check back in 6 more weeks. I would love a repeat MRI to see if the bruising on my cord is there or changed, and if that's maybe why I have barely improved, but those silly insurance companies balk at $$. It is a wee bit frustrating at my age and prior activity level to be having issues. I would say I'll look back on this in a year and laugh, but I'm not sure I'll ever laugh! Maybe see some lessons in it?

My mushroom rice soup was delish yesterday, and that's for lunch today as well. Leftovers for dinner, keeping it simple! We're supposed to get 2-4" of snow, so lets see if the kiddos come home early....
Old 01-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel and Beth!

Jennifer - I am on my DH's insurance, but my company offered it this year. I haven't switched because I'm not sure what my return will be or when, but also because my DH's insurance is AMAZING. Out of about 80K in bills, all we had were the copays (so less than $200). My employer's is wretched.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day!

Ruth, I'm glad you got your license snafu straightened out. We also get a new sticker to put on our plates every year. Katherine sounds like a gem and I'm glad you two got a lot accomplished!

Today's a regular day of work for me, although I may try to make it home before the snow this afternoon. Right now schools are warning that they may let out early since the roads are supposed to get slippery. I know the girls are hoping to get out early since they're probably still wiped out from their trip.

OK, I'd better get myself organized for the day. Have a good one!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Goodness! Lots of posts while I was doing mine. Good morning BETH, JENNIFER, & TAMMY!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and thank you all for the kind wishes!

No jury duty today, think goodness. Mom has two medical appointments and the family stuff continues. Take care everyone Matilda, take care, too. Stuff is just so difficult sometimes.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie and Matilda. Hugs to you. Hope all your difficulties get solved somehow.

I have been ill with a flairup of divirculitis. Saw my dr. Yesterday and got some meds and to follow a bland diet for a few days. Still hope to go to my dd for awhile. Dh asked how long will I be staying. I said till our first argument which will probably happen 5 minutes after arrival lol. Mother and daughters, she doesn't tip toe around me like around her mil for sure.
everyone else have a nice day.
Take care
Sophie
Old 01-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have a full day of meetings and then am running to the dentist for my semi annual check up.

I also have DH insurance much better than mine except for Dental and vision I do through mine as it was cheaper.

to Debbie and Matilda

to everyone else.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning A slow start this morning, like most Wednesdays. We stayed up a little later than usual after DH got home from work. Oh well, it's a desk day so not so bad. Tonight we have our first yoga date. It was not fun shopping for yoga pants. In my experience yoga makes me feel good about my body but shopping for yoga pants leads to a spiral of self loathing. Silly clothes. The hard part is done. I hope we like this class. There are others that fit into both our schedules but Wednesday night is the easiest fit.

Sophie -My DD and I are the same way
Closed Thread