100 lb. Club - Back...

View Full Version : Back...

Krickett
08-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I'm back. Got the surprise of my life with a newsletter in the mail. It has been a long time since I have been here - apparently I wasn't totally dropped from the site :) :lol:

I forget where I was - what I weighed - and how long ago I was even here! :dizzy: I do remember a few of the names.

How are all of you doing? What's the latest challenge? Is there one? ;)

I don't even remember what I weighed when I first came here! Need to find my profile I guess - if I have one :o :o

This place sure has changed! I need to lQQk around more ... I will be back sooner this time!

gonzostar
08-04-2003, 05:14 PM
it HAS changed. i don't really remember you - i started here last november. but welcome back!

are you a success story yet?

Krickett
08-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Hi Holly,

Am I a success yet? Hmmm.... Well, I did find where I first started posting, eventually, and at that time I weighed in at 297 ... I no longer weigh that :) I am currently at 274 - a tad down from there ... and losing. I have lost an average of 3# a month for the past seven months, and August will be eight months in a row of going "downhill". I have a very slow, but stable metabolism. I had to give in to that and not set goals I couldn't meet.

So, am I a success? Well, I am on my *weigh* ;)

synger
08-05-2003, 01:23 PM
I understand about leaving here and seeing the changes when you come back. As you can tell from my registration date, I was one of the early people here (I remember the "old" board!), but stopped trying to lose weight when I got pregnant. Now my baby's two and a half, and I'm back here, heavier than ever.

But the support and the wit and the good common sense is here, whenever we need it. Welcome home!

SuchAPrettyFace
08-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Welcome back, Krickett!! :)

karefree2
08-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Krickett, it sounds like a success story to me! Congrats on your steady losses. What plan are you following for both food and exercise?

Sandi
08-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi there!!! Welcome back!! :)

AngiKL
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Hi Krickett! Welcome back! Hope to see you around the board frequently.

mthrgoos68
08-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Welcome Back!!

Krickett
08-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Karefree2,

Okay, I'm not sure how to respond to someone's post - none of the "little buttons" seem to fit :)

You can help me by telling me how to reply to someone's posts! Other than this "quick reply" where I'm not sure you will know I answered your question ;)

First, I am merely cutting back on my portion sizes, limiting my fats/sugars and paying close attention to eating well balanced. Some days I keep a food journal - others not. I seem to "natually" at this point hit around 1400 calories a day on average. Next, for exercise I swim twice a week (go about a mile), do strength training with machines, water aerobics, and ride a recumbent bike. I am physically disabled according to my driver's license (I don't admit it), but I will acknowledge I am limited in "what" I can do for exercise ;)

Any more questions?

gonzostar
08-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Krickett
You can help me by telling me how to reply to someone's posts! Other than this "quick reply" where I'm not sure you will know I answered your question ;)

if you click the little button that says "quote", it does what i did with your entry. you can also delete it down to just the part of the post you want to quote. =)

Krickett
08-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by gonzostar
little button that says "quote", you can also delete it down to just the part of the post you want to quote. =)

Yippee :smug: I did it.

Thank you very much gonzostar, I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.