Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 02:16 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Personal Challenge Group? Take a look...

Hi all! I am interested in starting a new group on here if anyone else would want to.

The focus of the group would be personal challenge. The idea is that even at our current weight, there are things we could and should be doing, instead of waiting until we are thin or thinner.

I completed a triathlon as a heavy person on July 19th. Two days ago I ran a 5k. Both of these events were things that I have always told myself I would do once I got thin enough. I am not thin yet, but decided to stop waiting and get going.

What is something you keep telling yourself that you will do once you get thin enough? The goal would be picking something and doing it now, or choosing an event and training for it now, something that obviously is challenging or even scary to do at your current weight or athletic abiliity. It is about shaking things up.

I am not into fat acceptance. I am not satisfied being an overweight person. My goal is to be thin and in great physical shape, but my life doesn't have to be on hold and I don't have to be feeling negative about losing- it should be positive!

Anyone interested in choosing a personal challenge and then being accountable to a group and having a cheering squad to motivate and encourage? Let me know!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:27 PM   #2  

If anyone is interested, this will be under the buddy up section, not in here.

Just to be clear, all I mean here is what is something you would want to do, that you really could do at your current weight, that fear or complacency is keeping you from?

One of my things is keeping up with working out with other people. It keeps me accountable. I was easily the biggest person in my training group and it made me a little nervous at first, but once I let go of the insecurity, it was great.

Anyway- good luck to all and meet us over at the buddy up.
Closed Thread