Old 01-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/224.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Question Fast Food Restaurants and doing Atkins

Hi, I started Atkins on Jan. 2, 2015. I have read the book and lots of great posts on this website which have been very helpful and motivating. I am on the road everyday for work without access to a microwave so lunch is either packed or purchased. I've been doing good packing it but with the deep freeze that we are in currently, both my lettuce and tuna salad froze solid in my car. My question is, does anyone have carb counts for Wendy's, McDonald's, Panera, Dunkin Donuts etc. where the obvious non Atkins friendly foods are not eaten? For example, how many carbs without the bun and special sauce of a McDonald's Big Mac?

Thanks for your help!
ShimmerGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #2  

you can go to eat site individually just google say macdonalds nutrition info
mom2threebratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Have you considered using a tracking thing like MyFitnessPal? There's no reason you couldn't use it with Atkins and a lot of the stuff is entered so you'd have the carb info at hand on your phone all the time.

Mind you, MyFitnessPal does focus on calories so if you'd find that distracting it might not be so good an idea (since it's probably best to ignore that and stick to your plan, if you're not calorie counting).

Maybe someone here has tried using a logging app with Atkins? Does Atkins have its own? (I don't do Atkins for the record so this is not coming from experience)
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/224.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm have tried googling each restaurant and do log food into MyFitnessPal. The problem is, that the websites and tracker do not break the food down by component. Instead, they give total calories, carbs etc. for the "Big Mac". What I need is the counts for the burger itself or the chicken alone etc withy the bread.
ShimmerGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmerGirl101 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm have tried googling each restaurant and do log food into MyFitnessPal. The problem is, that the websites and tracker do not break the food down by component. Instead, they give total calories, carbs etc. for the "Big Mac". What I need is the counts for the burger itself or the chicken alone etc withy the bread.
A lot of the websites now have a "meal builder" which allows for you to add or remove ingrdient. I Know that I have personally used it for Wendy's and have just input the information into myfitnesspal for future reference.
sosurreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote