Old 01-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #1  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Current Spreadsheet of IP Foods with Nutrition Content

Hi,

I am new to post to the forum but have been reading postings for past couple of months since I joined IP program in August.

I have searched this forum as well as the internet and cannot find a current spreadsheet for IP foods and nutritional content. Everyone I have found is outdated and/or incomplete. I have seen ones with Maple Oatmeal still showing as restricted as well as incorrect carb count on Chicken Soup, etc. I don't want to have to create an accurate and complete one as I'm sure someone must have it. Please help. Also, if you have it with alternative products too, that would be icing on the cake

Thanks in advance!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:04 AM   #2  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I understand your interest in a list of alternatives but with IP it is pretty simple. It's either restricted or not restricted. You don't need to worry about it much more than that. I know some people want to know which have soy and gluten but that doesn't seem to be what you are asking about.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:04 AM   #3  

IP has made so many product changes, I'm not sure they have an updated spreadsheet. I certainly haven't seen one. As far as alternative products, you'd probably have to make one yourself. The benefit of paying an IP clinic is all the work is done for you. Those of us on alts have to spend time, rather than money.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #4  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Thanks, Lisa. I have not found that the clinic does all the work for me. Much of what I know about the program has come from my own research - I really believe in the science behind it. Maybe my coach/clinic isn't all that great - I don't mind really as it is my body and something I enjoy learning more about on my own, etc. The reason I am asking for the spreadsheet is two-fold - I am getting close to finishing Phase 1 and have read up on P2-P4, and I not really keen on eating that much animal protein so I want to continue some of the products more than what is prescribed, and my clinic is pretty poor in having products on hand which has been my only source of knowing what is available (if I have the spreadsheet, I can tell them in advance what additional products I want that they can order in advance of my visits). I want to have the nutritional info to make informed decisions particularly in preparation for P4 when I switch to a balanced diet. Weight maintenance is the area I have neglected in the past which contributed to yo-yo dieting - I have successful at losing and gaining but not maintenance. Part of the reason for choosing IP was the 4 phased approach, but I also believe you need to make it work for you, which in my case means continuing with some of the products whether IP or alternatives which is why I am looking at having the info at my fingertips. Perhaps my best bet is use a spreadsheet I have found and make it complete and accurate - at least it gives me a jumpstart rather than starting from scratch.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

RO22 ~ I'm a detail person too so a spreadsheet with all the current IP Products & their nutritional data sounds wonderful. I have not seen a current one but would be willing to work on one if others will contribute.

Here is a link to the products I bought just a week ago. The instructions for getting me the info for other products is on my blog.

Hopefully, we can get lots of folks responding so we can get a truly useful document!

http://idealproteinjourney.wordpress...itional-stats/

Last edited by galpal445; 01-06-2015 at 10:43 AM.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I made this awhile ago to help me when ordering on Nashua. I didn't list if the items have soy or whey b/c neither ingredients bother me. I put in bold the restricted items. Hope it helps!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Thank you so much galpal and murphypuppy. I will pull this together as it gives me a starting point vs starting from scratch. Stay tuned as I'm also in the process of starting my own business so juggling a lot right now but I want to have this as quickly as possible so I will dedicate time to this.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

I have the handout from my clinic which has all the IP nutritional values. This is standard to be handed out at meetings, isn't it?
TeagsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #9  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

I don't think it is standard. My diet coach sent me a link through drop box that is horrible. It doesn't have half the products, not current and I can't print it. I'm working on compiling a comprehensive one that is current with alternative products too. I'll publish here when ready and if I made mistakes we can each edit to ensure accuracy, completeness and relevance.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #10  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Ok, so I have incorporated all the info I could find into one so I think this is a better list (more current, comprehensive, etc). I still need to add info for IP - to verify the values that are there for the rows noted they have not been verified as well as add the nutritional info that I don't yet have for the IP products.
The alternative products should be in pretty good shape.

Now I just need to figure out a way to link the updated spreadsheet. Any guidance on how to do this is much appreciated It seems I can only do this as a link vs attaching the spreadsheet - is that right so I have to do it as a google sheet?

Last edited by Ro22; 01-06-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Ok, so I have incorporated all the info I could find into one so I think this is a better list (more current, comprehensive, etc). I still need to add info for IP - to verify the values that are there for the rows noted they have not been verified as well as add the nutritional info that I don't yet have for the IP products.
The alternative products should be in pretty good shape.

Now I just need to figure out a way to link the updated spreadsheet. Any guidance on how to do this is much appreciated It seems I can only do this as a link vs attaching the spreadsheet - is that right so I have to do it as a google sheet?
Link to a Google docs spreadsheet works really well for the challenges so I bet it's a good option in this case too
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Link to a Google docs spreadsheet works really well for the challenges so I bet it's a good option in this case too
Thanks, Lisa. How do I do that?
Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

If you have a Google email address, you have the ability to make a spreadsheet that you can share, then you can just post the link here. The spreadsheet I shared on my blog is a Google Sheet. You can allow other people to edit the sheet if you want to (I didn't). If you need more instructions, here is a link to Google...page down until you see "sheets".
http://www.google.com/intl/en/about/products/
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #14  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Thanks, Lisa. How do I do that?
I do this at work where we have gmail and Google apps in full force. I think the following should work for you...

With a google+ account, you should be able to go to the Google Drive and upload your Excel spreadsheet to Google Sheets. Then you will have a link for that Google Sheet that you can post here to share.

Others will be able to go to the link, request access (which you will be able to "Share" and then they can add more info to help populate more details on your sheet.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #15  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Thanks all. Here is the link...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing
Explanation below:
So, I got a little more ambitious than what I initially set out to do.
This is a reference guide for the products as well as a food journal for those that choose to also make use of it for that.
Reference Guide - I incorporated the nutritional info from IP, alternatives and regular proteins/fats. I know the IP food nutritional info needs to be checked which I'll do soon - Some are blank that need to be updated.

Food Journal - I created a week's worth of daily journal tracking templates (I used mine from Monday through today as a guide).
I then provided a weekly summary tab. For the daily tracking and weekly summary, graphs are provided to show % protein, fat, carbs.
For future weeks, you have a couple of options - you could copy the daily ones and update the weekly summary tab or you could just make a copy of the whole spreadsheet and name it the week and keep a folder of all your weeks if you choose to use this for journal tracking.
If you would like, you could add your weight loss and track a correlation between weekly summary and results on the scale.
I didn't include it but if you wanted to add water and supplement tracking you could as well as part of the daily journal.

For me, I plan to make more use of the journal as I prep to venture into P2-P4, especially P4 as I'll want to know this breakout for maintenance purposes.
Also, although I haven't while on P1, I also plan to make use of the Reference Guide to purchase alternative products for future phases as I am definitely going to incorporate some into my balanced plan.

For updating the Food List - feel free to correct or add any info following the structure that is already there. Please do not alter the structure as you will mess up the associated formulas. If you are adding any foods to the list (which you will definitely need to do if you are using this for journal purposes), please add them at the bottom following the structure - you can then sort the list but do not include Column A (Item #) in your sort as it is in numerical order already. I have a custom sort set which should start with Column B - The sort is first on Category and then on Product so you get all the bars together, drinks, etc.

If using the journal template (each day), download the spreadsheet and make a local copy to track your personal data. Once downloaded, simply fill in what is coded in green based upon what you eat for each meal. Everything else is a formula and will auto-calculate. All you have to do is enter the item # for the item you consumed (as found in the Food List tab - note you can filter the list by Brand, Category to make finding the item easier) and then enter how many servings of that you had. The serving is listed once you enter the item # so you just need to note how many of those servings you had (you can enter decimals/fractions for partial servings).
For the weekly summary, if you are not adept at Excel, then I suggest just making a copy of the spreadsheet (perform a Save As on the file) to track future weeks so you have one spreadsheet for each week tracked. For those more advanced, you can add subsequent weeks directly into the file by copying the existing tabs and then updating the weekly summary for future weeks to reference those new tabs.

If you have questions, please ask. If you want information added/altered and aren't comfortable using Excel, just let me know and I'll take care of it.

Disclaimer...I have not used any of the alternative products so I don't have much experience with them. The source of the nutritional info came from previously existing spreadsheets I found in this forum and others. Many times the nutritional info was incomplete so I did look up the information to get it but if it was already there, I did not verify it was correct.

Last edited by Ro22; 01-07-2015 at 07:36 PM.