Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default (Re) Introduction- it's been years and I'm back and heavier than ever

Good morning. I'll keep the story short (well I'll try ). I used this forum years ago and found it inspiring and great motivator to keep on track. Sadly I never got to goal weight of 155, but managed to stay at a relatively healthy weight for many years. I would bounce up and down but usually stay within a healthy BMI. Last year that changed. I can make an array of excuses, getting a desk job, busy lifestyle, love of all things snacky and salty, becoming too good a cook not to eat my food, highly addicted to all things cheesy...... But alas these really all are excuses. And the result is that I have gained to an all time high of 209.8 lbs (this mornings weight). While this is the highest weight I've ever seen on the scale the timing is perfect. I decided last week to make the bad choice to ignore my terrible eating and weight gain for one more week and make the Sunday after Christmas (today) day one of what will become myore serious and successful foray into weightloss in my 31 years of life. And when I stepped on the scale this morning I saw what should have been a shocking number (but the mirror and camera lately let me in on that secret early).

So here I am. I am committing to making this time the time that I get these lbs off. I am here writing my little manifesto in hopes that I can use you amazing chicks that are starting out like me, to struggling and winning, to all you chicks at goal and maintaining. I look forward to checking in with you and using you all as sources of knowledge and inspiration and support (goodness knows I'll need support). Anyways thanks in advance! Now please stop reading here (since I broke my keep it short promise) unless you care abouty boring details :-).

I am in my early 30's, and over the past 10 years have gained 60 lbs. In my early 20's I weighed as little as 149 and as much as 160. Then the 25 birthday came and suddenly the same life style and activity had me 165-175. I ran half marathons tried to eat lots of veggies and had a serving job where I was on my feet for hours. I lamented for the good ol' 150's but never quite got back there. Then about age 29 I was finding the creep on the scale suddenly setting me in the 180's, I had bouts of excercising more consistently and try to make better choices and squeeze into the 170's again for a stint and when I relaxed my focus (and no I never made good changes a habit that stuck) I would creep back up. A year ago I finally got the professional job I had been working toward with my years as a professional student, and this job for the first time in my life landed r at a desk.. In this last year I have worked out less than ever and eating worse than ever and this mornings weigh in is the sum off all of it.

So today I am here. I have myfitnesspal and I'm counting calories. I weight myself this morning and I will start using that gym membership that I keep paying for. Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting many of you!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, I wish you good luck with your goals!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Welcome back. I just came back on the forums yesterday myself.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Iyv- Well done on your weight loss so far!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/175.4/145

Height: 5'6"

Remember, you are more than a number on the scale! And you are most definitely not alone...says the 39.9 year old woman who currently wears a lot of clothes with spandex in them. Amazing how good just taking off a few pounds can feel! Hang in there.
MarinMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Welcome back !!! You are not alone and we can do this Today is my first day back at 3FC...after 6 yrs and 2 pregnancies- one healthy baby. I'm planing on counting calories and exercising.
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote