Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 12/6 - Sun 12/7/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all! Here's to a wonderful weekend with a focus on family and fun, and not on food :-)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!!

Hope you all have a great day and a terrific weekend!!
Old 12-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Debrasb - I spent last night looking through your recipes on your website - they are awesome! Thank you for sharing, I will be making some of them.

Happy Saturday everyone! Almost through the first week back on plan and getting the hang of it again. Did a quick peek on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised but I'll save the final number for my "official" WI tomorrow.

My son's hockey team is having a fun family skate night after their practice on Monday - complete with baking, hot chocolate, etc. I'm set with my favourite protein bar

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jo
Old 12-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Today is day 6. I'm doing fine, but I still don't know if I've entered Ketosis yet. I'm managing my hunger much better. My jeans fit instead of being tight. I don't feel miserable all the time.

Looking forward to a trip to Austin today. Not worried because I plan to eat at the flagship Whole Foods. They have a great stir-fry bar where you put the veggies you want in a bowl, hand it to them, and they stir-fry it for you. You can request "no oil" without a problem. They also add your choice of protein. It will make lunch a snap! Just can't enjoy it with a glass of prosecco like I normally would. Will have the prosecco next summer! It will be a treat to look forward to!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #6  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

While I did it I went to the gym this morning and walking through the door felt so good. I have a great friend that has been asking me to go for about a month and I kept saying yes and never went. It felt so good to get back in the routine on my Saturday morning however I only did one class instead of two next week watch out it will be 2....
I need to take my life back and this is one of the steps in that process and wow what a great feeling it is.
I hope you all have a great weekend and stay OP.

I love the support from here and knowing we are all in this together it makes it so much better.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #7  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Okay!!!!! I am relieved -- the home scale(s) moved into the 180's at last! I have unofficially passed the 'minus-50-pound-mile-marker' on my IP journey!

Since before Thanksgiving, I have been hanging at the 190 mark on the analog scale I have used since I began this program. And my official WI on Thursday evening was a 0 loss... I thought maybe I was going into a stall, altho I know that one week of no movement on the scale does not a stall make.... still, I was fearful that my journey that has consistently moved downward for 18 weeks might become a struggle from now on.

No real reason to believe this, just fear taking hold of my psyche, I guess.

Today, I am thrilled to see the 180's on the dial of my analog scale, AND, after reading about Dietbet.com, I bought a new digital ARIA scale that sync's with a fitbit and wirelessly posts to MyFitnessPal. (Have to use a digital scale to enter the dietbet contests). It shows 188.9, validating that my departure from the 190's is real!!!

Today, I can really celebrate -- I am doing a day of primping to get ready for a holiday dance party tonight at my favorite dance studio!! I have to locate something formal to wear that will fit me at this size -- this means going shopping in my closet of many sizes...

I have a hot, red crepe jumpsuit that would be a real statement, but I am afraid I may no longer be large enough to wear it - it may just be too big and hang too long to keep from stepping on it while dancing... ask me if I am really sad about it being too large to wear??? NOT!!!

Instead, I have the fun task ahead of just trying on various items and seeing what makes me look and feel the best to dance in! (ya know - there are floor to ceiling mirrors all around the ballroom at the studio... you see yourself coming and going, so it's good to be really happy about whatever you are wearing - as it is, I don't wince every time I see myself, now that I am down 50 lbs from my all time high.)

I promise to report back on the final outcome, if you want to 'the rest of the story'

btw.... It is SOOOO rewarding to be able to share my feelings and ups and downs with you all -- thanks so much for letting me rattle on!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #8  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I'm doing P1 for a few days. A bake sale at work got the better of me. I resisted things so easily on my weight loss phase but it's not so easy on maintenance. My first few weeks were a piece of cake but I got too confident in how I could push my boundaries. Added puréed roasted red peppers to the tomato basil soup for lunch. Very yummy. I need to look up a recipe to make it without the $4 IP pack in it as it is a great way for me to keep my veggies up. Even with 7 months on IP, it's very easy to let the veggies slide.

It's great to read the posts from the new IPers. You are going to love the results you get on the plan.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

ChipnDip, how do you go back on Phase 1 during Maintenance? Do you have to go to the clinic and start all over again? I'm on the 6th day of Phase 1 and would like to know.

Also.....not really seeing the scales move. Somehow, I got the impression that people typically had their biggest loss in the first week......
Old 12-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
ChipnDip, how do you go back on Phase 1 during Maintenance? Do you have to go to the clinic and start all over again? I'm on the 6th day of Phase 1 and would like to know.

Also.....not really seeing the scales move. Somehow, I got the impression that people typically had their biggest loss in the first week......
Since you're new, you'll learn as you go.
Part of P4 is a "fun" day, followed by a P1 day.
Once one has been on IP for a long time, they'll know how to return to P1 for a day, week, or longer, to keep weight under control. Many of us use alternative products and don't pay a clinic for an ongoing time.

I'm going to caution you about a "watched scale". If you stay off it in between official weigh-ins, you'll feel much better about every weigh-in.

I'd also suggest making a list of why you're losing weight. If it has anything to do with your overall health, you'll start realizing those benefits MUCH quicker than the scale moves.

Another thing to remember: weight loss doesn't equal fat loss. Many things can cause us to hold onto weight but if we stick with IP, we're bound to lose fat. Use the measuring tape to monitor losses, as well. The scale is only one tool.

And a few folks see a bigger loss in week 2. But really, if the scale is stressing you, just know that stress increases cortisol, which interferes with weight loss.

Weight loss isn't a sprint, it is a marathon. But you'll feel so great when you cross the finish line!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #11  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
I agree with Lisa - the watched scale can make you crazy.

I also think that one of the best things to do in the beginning (and throughout your IP journey) is to post what you are eating in the 'What are you eating today IPeeps?' thread -- plenty of veteran IPeeps post there and we read the postings of others - you will see what's working for others, and if you are doing anything that's questionable regarding the P1 protocol, then you can get advice on fixes from those who are really adept with the program.

Have faith - IP works and it works well!
Old 12-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #12  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Good Weigh in this AM. I met my first Goal.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #13  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Good Morning All:

Good Weigh in this AM. I met my first Goal.
Terrific!! You are all set to enter the 160's -- I am green with envy!
Old 12-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #14  
finale

oneuh2 way to go and keep going
Old 12-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #15  
finale

rsach312 way to go
Closed Thread