Old 12-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default December Mrc 2014

Hey everyone!!
How's everyone doing?
Plans for the holidays? Challenges? Good healthy low carb dishes and desserts to share? I'm still trying to get to the 180s and seem to be maintaining but not gaining so YAH!! Down another 3!! Woo hoo!!

Last edited by bigdog; 12-05-2014 at 12:55 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  

Hi Big Dog...

Down 3, this time of year is great.. I gained 2 on Thanksgiving, but I think it is about off . Need to keep 5 under goal to have play room for Christmas.

I was in SC for the Thanksgiving holiday and not one person ate like I did.. It sure was a challenge.. But it is one I am willing to take..

You mentioned the bars. Do you take the bars when you have a craving or do you take as a snack.. I know MRC does not have snacks other than HNS and to me that is not a snack, but it is on the program. I may order some to take with me for next holiday this month as I will be away again.. I had some difficult moments during Thanksgiving, did not cave in, but still gained. Too much eating out and let us not forget the wine..

Best wishes to everyone with weight loss for this holiday season. .. Sure wish this group was more active.. Even us on maintenance need help now and then..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

That's 3 lbs lost in a month. ! And it was gain 2, lose one, gain 3, lose 2 on and on the whole month due to two really fun camping trips and traveling when we are traveling and I have ice cream or any thing not on plan- I make sure I take longer walks or bike rides. Our last trip had lots of hiking and bike trails and we were on the go all week. My DH was whining at one point about taking the dogs for ANOTHER walk and I told him I needed to work off the blueberry pancakes he "made" me eat. Lol!
MRC does sell the bars (I like the variety pack) and my counselor told me to drink a HNS and have a bar if I'm missing a meal. I always have one in my car or pocketbook as an emergency and knowing they are there keeps me from overindulging or hitting a fast food drive through. I drink a HNS first, then if I'm still hungry- will have 1/2 bar.
The Dannon. Light and Lively Greek yogurt is my best treat - love the cherry and strawberry cheesecake. I add cottage cheese to it sometimes - yum!!!
So I did rejoin for 17 weeks by phoning in for Black Friday special $79 but haven't been to center to weigh in but dropped in Friday afternoon. My counselor never calls me like they did when I first joined. Didn't tell me about special, journal or anything. She was rattling on about no starch, no carbs, no sugar and to deduct 600 calories every day. ?? She doesn't listen and gives conflicting advice. She assumes things without asking questions.
I think I'll drive to the other location 45 min away on Saturdays just to get good advice. I just don't get this woman!

Last edited by bigdog; 12-06-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #4  

I started preconditioning Tuesday, then went to the class yesterday. I was supposed to start the Metabolic More menu today, but I woke up at 1 am vomiting, so I haven't eaten anything yet. What are we supposed to do on days we're sick? I don't know if it's because my husband and I are new or what, but our center doesn't seem to guide us much. Are we supposed to call to schedule our weigh ins? I think in the class we were the only newbies, the rest were return customers.
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
I started preconditioning Tuesday, then went to the class yesterday. I was supposed to start the Metabolic More menu today, but I woke up at 1 am vomiting, so I haven't eaten anything yet. What are we supposed to do on days we're sick? I don't know if it's because my husband and I are new or what, but our center doesn't seem to guide us much. Are we supposed to call to schedule our weigh ins? I think in the class we were the only newbies, the rest were return customers.
If they did not tell you when to return, I would call and make an appt. After the appt, while still at center , make your next appt. That is how I did it. They had me going two times a week while I was losing..

Patzi
Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #6  
Motivated Member

When I first joined i went twice a week, then changed jobs so the closest center was an hour away - went once a week. If I missed a week they would call me.
I didn't have an appt..
Now, they want me to make an appt but So something always comes up so I drop in and take my chances . I kind of have a standing appt at 1230 every Friday

Been doing pretty good but chocolate treats seem to be everywhere! Had a Choc caramel bar so I'm jumping on the exercise bike!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #7  

I called and made an appointment, so I'll just have to make sure I make my next one before I leave!

I really like the liquid supplements, but the powders seem to taste to much like icky protein powder. I've tried the cappuccino, peach mango, and pink lemonade. I like the Orange and pomegranate liquids.

The lady gave me a tip that she drinks the Bigelow perfectly peach tea and pours the Orange into it and drinks it hot. Super good!

Apparently in the Midwest they don't have Dijonaise. Is there a substitute for that? I wanted to make deviled eggs.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #8  

Quote:
I called and made an appointment, so I'll just have to make sure I make my next one before I leave!

I really like the liquid supplements, but the powders seem to taste to much like icky protein powder. I've tried the cappuccino, peach mango, and pink lemonade. I like the Orange and pomegranate liquids.

The lady gave me a tip that she drinks the Bigelow perfectly peach tea and pours the Orange into it and drinks it hot. Super good!

Apparently in the Midwest they don't have Dijonaise. Is there a substitute for that? I wanted to make deviled eggs.
I drink the peach tea, and I will try that orange hns in it. Sounds good..

Thanks for sharing.
Patzi
Old 12-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

Get an Oster mini blender or one w a travel bottle - I mix my HNS w ice and frozen berries in the am and drink all day. Then just add water and HNS later in day and shake. I keep a mini GE blender at work too. I love strawberries mixed w wildberry and the grapefruit is really good too. Pink lemonade is my fave too. I'll mix the Choc Truffle Syntrax powder w coffee or Diet dr pepper and ice and blend. Yum!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #10  

Big Dog..

Where do you buy the Choc Truffle Syntrax powder ?

Thanks

Patzi
Old 12-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #11  
Motivated Member

Vitacost is the cheapest but will get from Diet Direct also.
How is everyone doing and handling Christmas parties?
Went to two this weekend and was so happy to see the fruit, veggie and cheese trays! . My counselor told me if I was drinking - to mix club soda with wine. - old trick but great reminder
Old 12-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #12  

Hubs and I opted out of out work Christmas Parties this year. Too many temptations! I had sushi with some friends this weekend and had every intention to stick with sashimi, then everyone wanted to buy a bunch of rolls and split them. I caved! Eek! I didn't notice it on the scale, but I'm weak right now! My husband weighed in last night and has lost 15 lbs! That's after 1 week preconditioning and a week and 2 days on menu. I weigh in Thursday, that'll be my first one, I've been busy with the kids and what not.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Vitacost is the cheapest but will get from Diet Direct also.
How is everyone doing and handling Christmas parties?
Went to two this weekend and was so happy to see the fruit, veggie and cheese trays! . My counselor told me if I was drinking - to mix club soda with wine. - old trick but great reminder
I shop from both places, thanks..

I am a wine drinker, so if I am at a party or function, I mix the wine with club soda, like a wine cooler, and it lasts longer, also. I am going away for Christmas, so am trying to be real careful before I go.

I find this about my eating.. If I eat FF Greek Yogurt, or any type yogurt at night I gain. So, I need to stop this. I like it, as it fills me up. I will have to make a high protein dessert that satisfies me.. Any suggestions???

Patzi
Old 12-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #14  

What about cottage cheese? Or is it dairy that's the culprit?
Old 12-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #15  

Quote:
What about cottage cheese? Or is it dairy that's the culprit?
That is just me... My girlfriend who is on maintenance has a fat free Greek yogurt with fruit every night and never gains.. I have a p roblem on what I eat at night.

Patzi