Old 11-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default IP as medicine

Don't some of you see IP as medicine? I have lost 30 pounts since August, which is so great. I look better for sure.

But before I lost the lbs I had terrible back pain and tendonitis in my ankles. I was sore ALL of the time. I was looking at back surgery in the spring. I could hardly make the steps in my home.

So I have come to see the little silver packets as my medicine that I take evey day. I am not cured, but the treatment is so great, and I can prevent gong under the knife.

Feeling good.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:22 AM   #2  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

I agree with you (at least for some ailments) ... "Nutrition is the best prescription"

I know that a lot of my health issues were weight related. Here are some NSV for me in losing 41 pounds since September.

1. Knees no longer hurt
2. No back pain upon waking
3. No occasional heart flutter
4. No minor fluid in lungs after eating
5. Feet/Heels don't hurt
6. Ankles no longer swollen.
7. No more abdominal pain.
8. Blood Sugar down (last A1C was 5.9)
9. Blood Pressure down (120/80)
10. Waistline reduced by 6"

Last edited by Avalon1957; 11-29-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I agree with you (at least for some ailments) ... "Nutrition is the best prescription"

I know that a lot of my health issues were weight related. Here are some NSV for me in losing 41 pounds since September.

1. Knees no longer hurt
2. No back pain upon waking
3. No occasional heart flutter
4. No minor fluid in lungs after eating
5. Feet don't hurt
6. Ankles no longer swollen.
7. No more abdominal pain.
That is just awesome! Congratulations!!!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations to both of you. That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. I posted a few days ago, I'm restarting December 26th. I'll probably be on this protocol for at least 8 months, I have 80 pounds to lose. I just want to get my Blood Sugars under control. I also have terrible pain in my feet and ankles, I have a very painful bone spur that the podiatrist said might very well be less painful carrying less weight. I am praying for all of these things to be true.
I followed this program for 3 months 3 years ago and there are a LOT of changes since then!! So many more fun things are no longer restricted!!!! I think you're even allowed a greater variety of veggies. Can't wait to start.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Congratulations to both of you. That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. I posted a few days ago, I'm restarting December 26th. I'll probably be on this protocol for at least 8 months, I have 80 pounds to lose. I just want to get my Blood Sugars under control. I also have terrible pain in my feet and ankles, I have a very painful bone spur that the podiatrist said might very well be less painful carrying less weight. I am praying for all of these things to be true.
I followed this program for 3 months 3 years ago and there are a LOT of changes since then!! So many more fun things are no longer restricted!!!! I think you're even allowed a greater variety of veggies. Can't wait to start.
Yaay, you work it, esammy12! There's also a lot more help with staying in maintenance so you won't have to reboot again .
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Stick with us! This group is so helpful!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #7  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

I too am hoping this will be the case! I have some sore feet/toes and hoping the weight loss will help!!
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #8  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

I used to have such a hard time getting down my steps on the morning bc my legs where so stiff and swollen. I no longer have that. Plus. I think more clearly than i used to, my memory is improving.

I almost wish i didnt even have to go back to eating more carbs.

I ate normally on thanksgiving and I felt so horrible thanksgiving night! And my legs have been stuff again all weekend.

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 11-30-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #9  

Snozzeberries: You DO NOT have to go back to eating more carbs. Some of us really suffer with grains or starches. Or, you might find ones that you still feel okay, such as rice or sweet, winter squash, sweet potatoes.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote