Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #1  
Fresh Start

S/C/G: 190/190/128

Height: 66"

Smile Today is the start - Hello ;)

I woke up this morning and said, come on lets start today. Not tomorrow but today. Went online and here I am. Found this forum with many individuals going through exactly what I feel and trying to do.

So I'm new here at 3fatchicks, hopefully I not only lose weight, but can make some strong online friends with the same interests as I.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been 190lbs. I'm so embarrassed I don't even get on the scale by my husband. A normal weight for me is between 128 - 135lbs. I have had back problems and weight is not helping with that. I spent 7 months in bed trying to heal without painkillers or an operation. I packed on 30lbs just from that. My back is healed now. But I feel tired just cleaning the house. I want to feel normal again. I stopped seeing some of my friends because of how much weight I have to lose now. So that's me

I would love to see how one can get the weight loss tracker that others have below their posts.

Last edited by nosize2; 11-10-2014 at 01:47 PM.
nosize2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Hi nosize2 and welcome!

I identify with the "not getting on the scale by my husband" bit. I was feeling really bad for a few months when I realized how much heavier than him I had gotten. But for me, it was really important to work myself up to telling him what I weigh now. We're on our "weight loss journey" together and I know he supports me and loves me no matter what, so it felt so bad being dishonest by omission, when normally we tell each other everything.

Now we're working together to make our lives healthier and to lose weight. So I'd say if your husband is loving and supportive (I should hope he is!), you should consider letting him in on your weight, and your plans, and everything else involved.

Annnnd I identify with back problems too! I suspect the exercises you can get from your doctor are important (not that I ever did them like I was told to, but I bet it does actually help). Things like swimming are really good because you can take the pressure off your back and still move around and get some activity in. Plus you get to sit in a hot tub after, which feels SO GOOD.

You'll be able to add a signature and weight loss tracker after about 20 days. For me the time flew by... just check back there after a few weeks and the option should work.

Last edited by faiora; 11-10-2014 at 03:23 PM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #3  
Fresh Start

Thank you for the reply.

Yes when it comes to weightloss my husband is very supportive. I am just embarrassed now about all the times I've said.. OK.. I'm on a diet and need your support. So he tries to support me and ask how I'm doing. Then I get embarrassed because I know I'm not sticking to what I asked from him hehe. I want to lose 10lbs and then let him know. I need to take the 60 pounds in 10lb lots.

Thank you regarding the tracker, I look forward to it.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #4  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

My first day too! I lost several years ago - only gained 8 lbs. back - now going to the home stretch to get to BMI 25! Can I do this at age 62 - tell me yes!!!
ratfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #5  
Fresh Start

Absolutely.. I heard of a women at age 83 today losing over 100lbs. Also my mother in law at 66 lost 20lbs. Life is nothing but a number.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome "nosize2"

Man...you people are so creative with your names. I just love that!

Of course, I love my name too, but obviously no one would know I chose it using the first couple letters in each of my grand sons middle names! Asher and Liam - "Ashli", and Rose is just a name I love!

Anyway, enough of that. I believe you are in the right place. I was feeling so discouraged trying to work out and eat healthy on my own, but I kept failing! I called a friend to see if we could lose weight together and check in with each other every day. She said she wouldn't be able to do it for two weeks because of a class. So I looked online and found this. I joined on Oct. 30, and have lost 2 lbs. I come here almost daily to share, get encouragement, and be accountable. I have exercised every "week day" since Monday, 11/3, and I haven't done that in years! I'm finally feeling motivated and starting to feel my body crave exercise and good food.

Hope to share our journeys together!
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote