Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 11/4/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

So, a few of the guys at work commented that I lost weight. (Most of the women have been commenting all along so I took it as a huge compliment that the guys finally said something and spontaneously commented. I'm not shy and talk about my diet, lack of nice kitchen facilities at work, etc etc. )Yeah me and IP!! Also, two of my go to work pants no longer fit, in a very weird way I'm sad because I loved those pants and can't just get a replacement . I hate to go out and buy too much more as I hope I still lose more weight and sizes. It feels weird that I'm sad about those pants. So, I thought that I would get them altered.... but I'm afraid to ruin them just in case I get bigger/gain it back. Hmm. I know that I should just do that but I'm afraid that I will bounce back. Which, of course, has happened before. I know that psychologically I should fully commit that it won't happen but I guess maybe I'm not ready. But am SUPER HAPPY to feel good about my weight, and it's fun to try on stuff that didn't fit anymore and it fits or almost fits.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
So, a few of the guys at work commented that I lost weight. (Most of the women have been commenting all along so I took it as a huge compliment that the guys finally said something and spontaneously commented. I'm not shy and talk about my diet, lack of nice kitchen facilities at work, etc etc. )Yeah me and IP!! Also, two of my go to work pants no longer fit, in a very weird way I'm sad because I loved those pants and can't just get a replacement . I hate to go out and buy too much more as I hope I still lose more weight and sizes. It feels weird that I'm sad about those pants. So, I thought that I would get them altered.... but I'm afraid to ruin them just in case I get bigger/gain it back. Hmm. I know that I should just do that but I'm afraid that I will bounce back. Which, of course, has happened before. I know that psychologically I should fully commit that it won't happen but I guess maybe I'm not ready. But am SUPER HAPPY to feel good about my weight, and it's fun to try on stuff that didn't fit anymore and it fits or almost fits.
Congrats on your success.
Don't cherish those clothes so much that you end up cherishing the body that fit them!
Move forward. They are only "things". You are gaining health and wellness which is a much bigger deal than a pair of pants! Priceless!

Alterations can be $$$.

I'd suggest finding a great consignment shop and getting some new things. Where I live we have some great (higher end) thrift stores where I can find some great deals on designer labels. I'm always amazed how many people donate BRAND NEW items with tags!

Once you're at goal, you can find new pants you love as much. In the meantime, consider your thrift store finds gems!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning Everyone...

Kelly~ LoL on Outback / Longhorn. We eat at Longhorn once in a while too, but I do love their Bread better than Outback so DH knows that and we try to avoid it. LOL.... Generally we go out to eat on weekends since I always cook during the week unless I have plans...

WI today. I am not expecting much as the big "C" has struck. I feel so bloated and disgusting....I have tried a few thing but i think its time for the big guns... I have to work today so I didn't want to take it last night...but tonight I will have to ...
Old 11-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #5  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All

Shasta - Congrats, that's so cool that even more people are seeing your progress on the program. How fun is that and how big do you smile?

Re-read Lisa's response.. So on point!

Agreed, they are just "things".

Have a nice day and catch y'all tonight (hopefully).

Best,
Karen
Old 11-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
If you love those pants so much, pay to get them altered. It's too dangerous to keep bigger clothes around. You are more likely to scale back a few extra pounds if your current clothes get tight than to go out to buy bigger clothes! I paid to have a dress altered after I lost weight and it was a fraction of the price to buy a new one. Look into it
Old 11-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default P3 Guidelines

So I got the P3 sheet from my coach this morning. Not starting until after my WI next Tuesday, but I grocery shop on the weekends, so want to have time to really prepare. The new P3 sheet said I must replace at least one meal, either breakfast or lunch with an "Ideal Complete" packet. Has anyone followed this? Seems like a money grab to me and I'd rather just stick to the plan that's worked so well for others in the past. Going to mention it to my coach next week, my clinic is kind of on my **** list right now because of how today's WI went, so I won't feel bad outright refusing to buy extra packets if it's a bunch of baloney.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #8  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
So I got the P3 sheet from my coach this morning. Not starting until after my WI next Tuesday, but I grocery shop on the weekends, so want to have time to really prepare. The new P3 sheet said I must replace at least one meal, either breakfast or lunch with an "Ideal Complete" packet. Has anyone followed this? Seems like a money grab to me and I'd rather just stick to the plan that's worked so well for others in the past. Going to mention it to my coach next week, my clinic is kind of on my **** list right now because of how today's WI went, so I won't feel bad outright refusing to buy extra packets if it's a bunch of baloney.
I wonder if the Ideal Complete packet is one of those that we can use to replace our protein meal - it's like a nutrisystem food that you just heat up or microwave. I got one once and it wasn't that good and way more expensive. I agree - money grab!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I wonder if the Ideal Complete packet is one of those that we can use to replace our protein meal - it's like a nutrisystem food that you just heat up or microwave. I got one once and it wasn't that good and way more expensive. I agree - money grab!
On the Ideal Protein website it looks like they're all shakes or drinks of some kind. http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/ideal...-products?c=22 This seems counter intuitive to what you'd think you're trying to accomplish while phasing off...slowly upping calories and carbs and weening off "convenience" food so to speak with the packets. ...When you're in maintenance, ideally you're going to be eating full meals with whole foods, not replacing meals with packaged stuff. I don't get it. Will read through the packet more tonight and see what it says.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I would hardly say that a meal replacement product is "required" on P3 and beyond. The whole point of P3 is to get you back into eating regular foods. It would make sense for people to have it as an option, if they think realistically that using a shake/protein meal replacement is part of their long-term maintenance plan, for the convenience of it, but if your clinic is telling you it's NECESSARY....I call BS.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good morning Everyone...

Kelly~ LoL on Outback / Longhorn. We eat at Longhorn once in a while too, but I do love their Bread better than Outback so DH knows that and we try to avoid it. LOL.... Generally we go out to eat on weekends since I always cook during the week unless I have plans...

WI today. I am not expecting much as the big "C" has struck. I feel so bloated and disgusting....I have tried a few thing but i think its time for the big guns... I have to work today so I didn't want to take it last night...but tonight I will have to ...
I put the bread in front of hubby and wasn't even tempted! We've only been out to eat a few times since I've been on IP. I prefer to cook my food so I know what's in it. But after watching their commercials and seeing the steak and lobster...my mouth was watering! lol

Have you tried Smooth Move Tea? It works wonders for me!!!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

OK Ladies. I had my WI today...lost 2.5 lbs. I am 200 exactly!!!!! Geez. If I would have stayed 100% OP last week i'd be in onederland right now!!!! I fell off the wagon after almost 5 months on IP, I didn't have any carbs, but I had cheese and mayo!! oh and porkrinds.... Oh and Cesar salad dressing. BUT I am 100% back OP now!!! Not sure what happened to me, but all that matters is that I am back in the right frame of mind!!! I'll take all the shaming/chastening you can give me!!!

Looking forward to being in onderland soon! I am on my scale, but I go by the Official WI.

Hope ya'll have a Great day today!!
Old 11-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Pishposh, sounds like a money grab. My clinic tried to encourage the complete drinks instead of a Phase 3 breakfast, I looked at them as though they were crazy! Give up the newly allowed foods of phase 3 for another IP drink? Definitely NOT!

Kelly, no shaming here. Just get back on track and do not allow your slip to become a slide.

Shasta, I am all for getting rid of the larger clothes as you move down in sizes. I did feel some grief about certain items of clothing, but I had no intention of ever fitting into them again.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Pishposh - I phased off for vacation this summer and I did not buy any of those Ideal Complete packets and my clinic did not push me to buy them either. They said it was more of a substitute for a meal if you are on the go, didn't have time to cook etc but was NOT required.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #15  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Quote:
Also, two of my go to work pants no longer fit, in a very weird way I'm sad because I loved those pants and can't just get a replacement . I hate to go out and buy too much more as I hope I still lose more weight and sizes. It feels weird that I'm sad about those pants. So, I thought that I would get them altered.... but I'm afraid to ruin them just in case I get bigger/gain it back.
I know how you feel. I filled two HUGE Ikea bags this weekend with clothes and took them to my parents house for my mom and sister to go through. I about broke out into tears as I watched them hold up the clothes and put them into their sorted piles. So weird to have attachments like that. At least they're going to good use, some of the pieces were really expensive! But I'm looking forward to rebuilding my wardrobe and coming up with a more defined style for myself. Before my style was "whatever will fit." Now I'll have more control over it. Believe me, you'll find new pants that you'll love even more cause they'll make your new bod look fabulous!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 11-04-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread