Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 128.7kg/125.1kg/80kg

Height: 168cm

Default On a Journey, now for good

Hi all
So here I am and don't know how to start. :-)
Well... Let's see. I have always struggled with my weight and I've been on an abundance of weird and not so weird diet programs. I come from a place where I was made to believe I was fat and ugly even if I was not. I was pushed to follow this and that diet program, lost and gained weight. However, I got wiser with age (37, LOL) and finally accepted that first and formost I have to love myself. Body Shaming of any kind is a huge no-no for me nowadays and I fight it fiercely, for me and others.

There are several reasons for me why I want to lose weight now. For one, I'm sick and tired of my doctor telling me to lose weight when I'm seeing him because I have the flu. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Secondly, I'm not getting any younger and it's better for my health if I lose weight.

I'm also sick and tired of having to shop in the plus size section and thus having to pay an arm and a leg for a pair of jeans that actually fit.

And - last but not least - my partner and I plan to get married in 2016. I will never be skinny (that's just an illusion) and society will probably still call me overweight; but I can go down to a size where I feel comfortable and where I feel beautiful in a wedding dress.

I'm currently on my third week on Weight Watchers. I just did two weeks Easy Start and am now on my first week of ProPoints. I'm not going to meetings, as that's just not my thing. In my country, WW does not offer an online forum or any other form of online support, which sucks. Therefore, I was looking for a general weight loss community.

In order to succeed, I need to plan. And that's also my biggest challenge. I plan our menues on a weekly basis and write our shopping lists accordingly. I try to plan smart, but still I feel that after work I spend the majority of my time planning and cooking, which is time that goes away from partner and hobby. But we're working on improving our routines. :-)

And in case you're curious: I've started out at 128.7 kg at the beginning of October and am at 126.6 kg as of last Saturday. First goal is to come down to 120 kgs. I've learned the hard way that it's always better to start out with small goals.

cheers to all!
Tanyanka
Tanyanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Congratulations on starting your weight loss journey!

I've been doing weight watchers since I decided to lose weight, though I'm doing an older version, 2011 points plus I think. Weight Watchers is a really great program and I like that it teaches you new healthy habits that can be maintained when you've reached your goal weight.

I definitely understand what you're saying about the plus size section...I hate having to "browse" when I'm with my friends, who are healthy weights, because the store doesn't have a plus section.

Anyway, good luck! It sounds like you're off to a great start already!
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 128.7kg/125.1kg/80kg

Height: 168cm

Thanks! I'm actually a bit confused with the various WW programs, as I think they're just called differently in other parts of the world but are the same in the end. Or they're just translated differently. :-)
What I like about WW is that they don't forbid any foods and encourage you to also eat a piece of chocolate every now and then but to learn moderation.
Tanyanka is offline   Reply With Quote