Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 09:49 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Wednesday's Thread

Good Moring, where is everyone? I wanted to get the thread going, but don't have any interesting polls or questions to ask... Sorry I'm so boring, guys!!

BBIAM to post...
Old 07-30-2003, 09:59 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Red face YAY ME!

I'm very pleased with myself. I stayed OP yesterday, earned 3 activity points, ate all my fruits and veggies, and didn't eat after 6:30 last night. I did make one small mistake--I had two cans of green beans and spent most of last night in the bathroom. What a dork!

So, how was everyone else's day yesterday? Hopefully nobody else overdid it on the green beans. Hehe.

I'm going to get some work done now, but will try to stop back in later. The other people in my cubicle quadrant are gone and I'm going to get something done with the peace and quiet.

Old 07-30-2003, 10:14 AM   #3  

well 2 days back OP...yah for me! i am dreading the weekend now because thats when i always do so bad. but i WILL not fail this weekend right?
Old 07-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - never green beans but I once had 3 cups of fruit and 2 cups of veggies....for breakfast! Glad to see you posting more frequently.

Amber - good job staying OP.

Well, I'm sure that my question won't be as thought provoking as Jayne's always are but I'm in the mode for something nonsensical.

QOD: How do you do your nails? Real? Fake? Yourself? A salon? Weirdest color you can find? Natural? Nails - what are nails?

O.K. for me - my finger nails are FAKE. I get them done in a shop and they are ALWAYS mid-length and square with a french manicure. I'm obsessed with the french manicure. I usually do my own peds but once or twice a year splurge on getting them done. I used to be into the weirdest color I could find but my french manicure obsession has spread to my toes and that's all I've worn all summer.

What about you?

Laura
Old 07-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning girls -- second to last day of almost no posting because my company is due to leave tomorrow evening.

My nails are real. THey were acrylic before I had Aaron, though, and I loved those because they were no maintainence for me. I just went in every two weeks and didn't have to think about it in between at all. Now they're real and short, because I'm teaching myself how to play the guitar. I do keep them painted though, because I just feel more polished that way. I favor pinks in the summer, red for special occasions, and tans and browns in the winter. I have never done colors that aren't traditional, except for a lavendar I do every now and again -- I just feel like I have fungus or something with green, blue, and yellow nails.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #6  

Hey ladies,

I logged my calories for yesterday, and lets just say that we know it takes 3500 calories to gain a lb...and I easily did that yesterday - for no good reason! I didn't even have any takeout (and had a lean cuisine for lunch!).

Anyway, my nails are real, never had fake. People ask all the time if they're fake, but I always have one or two broken. Lately my middle finger won't grow past the fingertip and I am stressing out about it. It keeps splitting in the middle. Anyway, I used to always paint my nails this pinky-white color (OPI Bubble Bath), but then I dated a guy who was really into red nails, so I started doing them red, and since they got so yellow, I always have them colored now. I bring my own nail polish to get pedicures (about every 3 weeks in summer) so that my nails and toes will match. I really only buy OPI anymore, usually have to redo my nails every 5 days or so. My pinky's grow ridiculously long, and I don't want people to think they're coke nails, but I just can't bear to cut them. They are probably each about an inch long.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:25 AM   #7  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

My nails are more of the what are nails? Due to Megan being on the Ketodiet for 18 months it killed my nails making her food. I love having them polished just never remember to do them. I love all colors. I do reds, pinks, corals, colored glitters, I have blues and greens in shimmery colors. I just bought a new blue by Revlon and it really is pretty. I never got into black or white nails. I use to get fakes butabout 18 months ago.
Pedicure? That is my reward when I lose 25 pounds I think.
Daphne
Old 07-30-2003, 11:31 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Thumbs down Another scorcher in Alberta!!

Hi girls!

Well, I am really proud of myself – I have been totally OP for 4 days. On Sunday, I even earned 20 activity points. Yup, 20. I went on a Marathon bike ride (read: B/f got lost on a trail and we ended up biking for 3 hours!! And it was mostly uphill!!) And yesterday I ran 1.72 miles in 18 minutes (walked for another 5 min) so that is very fast for me. I was proud b/c I managed to fit in 23 min of exersize in a super busy day.

I also have eaten within my points and b/f has become quite gung-ho about WW. It’s b/c he feels he’s gained weight (all of 6lbs, he weights 170 and is 6ft tall). And he hasn’t worked out. I could kick his butt running and he knows it. So he asked me to make out meal plans for the week so we don’t eat out and get a balanced meal. He eats what I eat, but more, and he doesn’t count points, of course, but he is all for eating more healthy. Yay!!

Kim – what are you going to do about your co-worker? I thought about it, I would take her aside (as she isn’t your boss) and explain that you take it very seriously but it’s a personal thing for you and you’d rather she keep your personal life personal! I hate people like that…so rude.

Lynnie – way to go girl!! You must be so jazzed!! What a great headstart. Keep it up!

Jess- yikes! Green beans can be brutal!! I am glad you had a good OP day though – RAH!!!

Amber – I am like you – I am not a good journalist when I am on the weekend or vacation, yet at work, I am great. How about we challenge eachother?? Let’s see who can journal more meals on the weekend (it’s a long weekend in Canada so I’ll check back with you on Tuesday!)

Laura – Question of the Day…..Nails……my nails, I am happy to say, are naturally a nice shape and go to the end of my finger without growth. I keep mine relatively short and if there is polish, it’s natural coloured. I have had manicures and they always say how I really don’t need it and I have great nails…so I count myself lucky!! Ihave had fake ones once and they felt way too big on my hands and looked silly on me, but I have seen some girls with fakies that look great. Just not for me I guess!

Jayne – I am with you on the colour thing! I have pink metallic toes right now and very pale pink nailpolish (that should really be touched up).

Thanks to everyone, btw, who had supportive words in regards to last week’s meltdown. Things are going better though we really haven’t talked too much about our relationship, b/f and I did have a good talk about the miscarriage and that helped somewhat. At least he can try to understand how I feel.

Well, back to work – lots to do here as usual….there is a looming crisis so us PR folks are on the ball (and our boss is away…).

OH - today is the big Rolling STones concert in Toronto - any of your easterners going?? Ali?? It should ROCK....

Have a good OP day!!
Old 07-30-2003, 11:33 AM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jess: Thanks for the info on Applebee's salad. I had the half-size ... for some reason I thought it was more points than that. I was very relieved, esp. because DH talked me into going to a seafood restaurant last night. I had a cup of she crab soup and a broiled crabcake, but I think I was feeling so guilty that I hardly touched the onion rings or coleslaw I ordered. I did eat two hushpuppies, though. Scale still looks good, but I better be more careful.

On nails: Real for me. Only once have I gotten the fake nails. I got them before a wedding I was in four years ago and the woman was annoyed that I wanted them fairly short. They drove me crazy and I picked at them constantly. When I got to work the next week and tried typing, I decided they had to go. I've been a lifelong nail biter, but done much better in the past two years. I actually was able to grow out my nails for my wedding and did them myself in a pale pinkish color. Pedicures, now, that's my splurge, and usually in bright colors. I've gotten pretty good at doing them myself, but I love to get professional pedicures, mostly for the foot massage! For a wedding in May, they were bright blue to go with my dress. Then I had them red (and painted blue stripes on them for the Fourth of July), and then they were orange. For my wedding, they were orange! They're actually bare right now because I took the polish off last night bc it was looking icky and I didn't have time to redo them.

Lynnie: Congrats on that loss. That's wonderful!

Amber: Yay for staying on program!

Hi to Lexxy, Jayne, Laura ... anyone else out there.

Hey Jess, speaking of green beans, do you get the WW materials? There's a yummy green bean recipe on one of those recipe cards. Made with fresh green beans, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil -- for only 1 point. Although, I don't use sesame oil bc it's too expensive and a lot of fat. I got this peanut sauce instead and that's yummy!!!!

My editor is pacing, so I better go ... She announced to me this morning, VERY loudly, "I didn't eat breakfast! No points yet today!" I told her that skipping breakfast really wasn't a good idea. She's driving me crazy.

Last edited by kimobi; 07-30-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:36 AM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

I took so long with my post that Daphne and Belle posted! So hi to you two, too! Belle: The one I was complaining about IS my boss! She's the editor of my reporting team and quite an airhead. You know those people you wonder how they got their jobs?
Old 07-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning all

Finally have time this week to post - it's been nuts around here lately. I am SO back on track this week! Probably because I wasn't at all this weekend, so I'm thinking I need to make up for it. And I'm just on the edge of a new set of numbers - I've been hovering at about 170 the last few weigh-ins, so I really really want to hit 169. And I did it this morning - but it won't count because I record my Friday numbers! So I've got to keep this up the rest of the week...

Jess - never green beans for me either... grapes, though...

As for nails - mine are real, and short. Takes too much time and $ to get them done so I just keep them natural. Toes I paint in the summer - can't stand to see them naked in sandals!

Another quick question -- what day does everyone weigh in? I weigh in on Friday mornings because it gives me at least four days to be "good" after the weekend. I'm thinking that after this morning though maybe I should switch to Wednesdays because I had such a good number
Old 07-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #12  

Belle-thanks for the challenge...i am up for that!

Angie-I wiegh in Sat morn cuz then I have to be good Fri night too...lol

Nails-I had acrylics for about 6 months then didn't have much free time so I took them off and now my nails keep splitting and won't grow right and are just awful! I have had acrylics before and they were never this bad after. Oh well. And I LOVE pedicures, I need to get them more often! Speaking of which...I need to go get my eyebrows waxed...ugh! (I do that at the nail place too).
Old 07-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #13  

oh i had to add since we had that discussion about stip clubs not too long ago...my co-worker and friend is planning her hubbys b-day for saturday night. he is spoiled. last year he got a jet ski. well this year she is getting an H2 Hummer limo and taking him and other couples to strip clubs all night. i have no worries about going with my hubby and i plan to have fun. i just thought it was too funny and had to share! man is he spoiled! those limos are $$$$$!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #14  

Angie, I'm the same with you, I weigh in on Fridays

Ok ladies, I am now officially on a 2 day binge. I ate lean cuisine for lunch (the new round pizzas, pretty filling), and still wanted to eat afterward. I didn't have enough cash for something from the vending machine, so I ate ANOTHER lean cuisine. Why can't I stop eating???
Old 07-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #15  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

My weigh in day is Thursday at 9AM. Tomorrow is my second weight watchers weigh in. Going by my scales at home I have lost 10 pounds this month now. I was 235 July 1st and today I was 225. It will be interesting to see how I weigh in at WW tomorrow.
Lexy lok at how your numbers have gone down? 37 pounds? What a wonder you are! How many points were the 2 lunch's? It would still be less than if you had gone out for pizza. I had Chinses and it was like 23 points for the lil bit of food that I ate. Bring vegetable to munch on, drink 16 ounces of water before you eat extra food, just think of how far you have come since you were 200 pounds!! Now to me you are doing just wonderful!
Daphne
PS I want to lose weight so I can reach my toes to do a pedicure!
Closed Thread