Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Question What are 2 of your biggest weaknesses

Personal weakness may stop one in their tracks from working towards a positive and healthy goal like weight loss....Do you have any that get in your way and keep you from actively living, and having a healthy and happy lifestyle?

1Bluerose68
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #2  

My 2 weaknesses are the summer heat, and social anxiety. I have others like fear of crowded gyms, fear of hot and stuffy gyms, and my leg pain keeps me from walking a lot further during my pm exercise too.

Anyone have weaknesses that make losing weight even more difficult?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #3  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

addiction to starchy carbs and sweets for sure and just time...I never seem to have enough time for ME, lol! I have a 4 year old and a somewhat needier than average husband. We also just moved and I am quite deep in boxes. I am hoping in another month or so as it cools off and we are more settled I can find some time to focus on exercise.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #4  
Never Give Up!!

S/C/G: 235/226.6/150

Height: 5'8"

I like this thread because admitting our weaknesses is not necessarily an easy thing to do, but I have learned over the last few months that it is a mandatory part of the process if we are going to have success.

My weaknesses would be 1) when my PTSD takes over and 2) when I'm on the run and need to grab something fast....I always go for the fried fast food
fool4fotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #5  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool4fotos View Post
My weaknesses would be 1) when my PTSD takes over and 2) when I'm on the run and need to grab something fast....I always go for the fried fast food
My weaknesses also include when my PTSD takes over, as well as a lack of interest in cooking and food in general. Planning meals is usually painful because I can be like a whiny kid "I don't want/like anything" or "I'm not hungry."
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

food is my weakness. it's not always easy to tell myself no when i'm really down in the dumps and all i want to do is sit in bed and eat. i want to relax, zone out, and comfort myself with food.... my other weakness is my mental health, i battle with bad days, and days when i don't want to workout, don't want to do anything at all, but i always get back on track as soon as i can.

df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #7  
Never Give Up!!

Twish are you reaching out for help in dealing with your PTSD? I know when mine is in force I have no interest in ANYTHING, I literally don't care about anything, including myself. On the upside of that, I did reach out about 4 yrs ago for help and just recently (within the last 3 months) have finally found a combo of meds that are helping and not adding weight. I do have triggers still that can slide me backwards, but they don't seem to last as long and I'm able to get back on track. Dealing with the PTSD straight on, the issues that have brought it to my life, not dodging the problems, accepting what I can and cannot change (one of those things being I need the meds, but don't want to take them) was my biggest hump in getting this process started. Best of luck to you in your fight
Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Bench and squats.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #9  
Never Give Up!!

I have such a limited space, but have started doing squats and sit ups in addition to my incline walking and small hand weights. The problems I have had in my hips and knees are getting much better and are inspiring me to add additional exercises. I'm considering my options as I get bored easily and have to keep my workouts interesting or I can't go for long.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #10  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

fool4fotos: I have been lucky to have an excellent doctor who I've been seeing weekly for the past 2 years. As I'm sure you know, it can be a long, twisty road. Good luck to you, too.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #11  
Never Give Up!!

twish: it's a relief to hear of your success in finding the right physician. I wouldn't wish what it takes to have success in fighting PTSD on my worst enemy (figure of speech, as I don't have any enemies that I know of lol).
Old 09-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

Mine are 1) I like my rum and sprites after work with my husband. We normally have at least 2 (I know empty calories) but we both have stressful jobs; 2) I get lazy after having one and don't want to exercise in the evenings.

I have acid reflex, diabetes, no gall bladder and allergies to wheat and dairy (not that those things are in anything ...). I try to eat clean / veggie as much as possible but that's not always possible. My husband does all the cooking and he hates veggies!

It's so easy to fall into bad habits and be lazy. I need to find it in myself to change my ways. I am accountable for what I do!!!

Good luck to everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantochange View Post
Mine are 1) I like my rum and sprites after work with my husband. We normally have at least 2 (I know empty calories) but we both have stressful jobs; 2) I get lazy after having one and don't want to exercise in the evenings.

I have acid reflex, diabetes, no gall bladder and allergies to wheat and dairy (not that those things are in anything ...). I try to eat clean / veggie as much as possible but that's not always possible. My husband does all the cooking and he hates veggies!

It's so easy to fall into bad habits and be lazy. I need to find it in myself to change my ways. I am accountable for what I do!!!

Good luck to everyone
congrats, on your weight loss. Your not too far from your goal. Good luck...
Old 09-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by twish View Post
My weaknesses also include when my PTSD takes over, as well as a lack of interest in cooking and food in general. Planning meals is usually painful because I can be like a whiny kid "I don't want/like anything" or "I'm not hungry."
I kind of feel similar. I was the cook for my father when he lived with me. Then when he passed away I stopped feeling any kitchen passion. I cooked from my heart and now its just too much for me. I eat a lot of Healthy Choice TV Dinners or salads and bagels with pesto. I probably will bake healthy cookies in the late Fall season though. Dad always had a few of those w/ his evening tea. So even that makes me sad when I remember my memories working in the kitchen, after mom died, cooking for dad. Now I'm under stress and find I do lose my appetite and nothing seems exciting and my mouth doesn't want to chew anything...
Old 09-07-2014, 11:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Anytime I am sitting idly. I have a tendency to reach for a snack, whatever snack. Even if I'm having a string cheese, and then a banana, and then some pistachios...I need to do something that really activates my mind because I am so WEAK when it comes to eating out of boredom.

That, and special outings. Almost anytime I eat out at any sort of restaurant-like establishment, even if it is fast food, my brain automatically thinks 'DELICIOUS GREASE!' as if it would be a good thing to have, and I start to crave the worst thing on the menu. Family parties and even game nights with an ordered in pizza -- same story. I am so tempted to throw my rules out the window. Which is okay sometimes, but not as often as I do.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote