Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 10:43 AM   #1  

Angry

Wow here we are on a new thread already! It's great to see us rolling right along.

Girlie-Yes I know you can do it! You always inspire me. I used to come on here just to read your energized posts. I missed you when you left but I'm glad you are back now! NASCAR Woman is still around but has been really busy but I'm sure she will be back once her computer is fixed and things settle down for her a little. I agree she was a great motivator. If you are reading this NASCAR Woman give us a post! Girlie let me know how the gym goes. I'm sure you will meet your goals and then some. Don't overdo it. We don't want you to burn out. And thanks for the tips about weight lifting. I agree the arms do seem to firm up first. I needed allot of help there too. Now I just have to firm that lower stomach of mine. The hardest area for me. Any suggestions?

Oh when I was online last night a friend that used to post here started to chat with me. I just wanted to share with you that Schmaff had her little peanut. A beautiful baby boy born February 15. Everyone is doing great! If you read this Schmaff pop in and say hi. It was great chatting with you!

Okay I actually did two 8 minute Tae Bo tapes last night. The Tae Bo II is a killer. I was sweating and huffing and puffing. What a workout. Tonight is weight lifting, and I will do my Orbitrek. I really do like to exercise afterall. All it takes is the right program. I hope everyone gets a chance to post. Keep moving.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:11 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone!

Hope you don't mind a newbie joining your group Guess, I should introduce myself. My name is Debbie. I am a 32yr old SAHM to my two children ages 2yrs & 8yrs. I have been doing the WW At Home Program for a year now. I have lost 53 lbs and I have another 10 lbs to goal. I was really bad about not doing any exercise at the beginning but as of the last few months I have really gotten into the walking. I love to walk I usually wear my pedometer from the minute I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed at night. I usually do about 3 miles or so a day. I just recently became acquainted with Leslie Sansone's 2 Mile Walk tape & I have to tell you I love it. I have been doing the tape at least 5x a week for the last 2 weeks. I am trying to make a conscious effort to get in at least 10,000 steps a day. The weight loss has kind of stalled the last month and a half but I am trying to keep up with my exercise and not get discouraged. I have lurked on this site for a very long time and have gained a lot of valuable information from all of you. Thank you I look forward to the support that you all offer.

Have a great day!
Debbie
168/115/105
Old 03-13-2001, 08:36 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hi!

Rose:

Hello! I'm glad to hear that NASCAR is still lurking! This board has really helped
me a lot...I found that the more I strayed, the more I strayed in "real life"!
I decided that I would always post when I could, even if I had bad news...
like today! Ha! I didn't go to the gym last night, but am tonite..I promise!
From now on, I'm going to pack my gym clothes with me so I don't have
to go home in between work and the gym and get preoccupied with things!
I remember SCHMAFF and her little Peanut! That's wonderful! I have a little
peanut of my own..okay..it's a kitty...but he's still a little handful! He's 5mos.
and his name is Winston! He's a sweetie!

Anyway, I'm really no one to ask about stomachs...I haven't been to that
point in a while! But, I do know it's hard to get them down! Crunches and
sit ups only go so far...my brother graduated from Western Illinois U with
a degree in Physical Fitness...I'm going to ask him and get back to you! It's
really hard having him as a brother because he's so pushy about my weight
because he's always been supermuscular and lifts weights all the time...
but maybe I'll ask him for some re-starting tips for myself and maybe he won't
put me down like he usually does.

Deb:

Welcome! I used to post and just came back. It would be great to get
acquainted together...though it looks like my goals are waaay far off
from where you are...but I can learn a lot from you! Geez, it's hard to
believe that your goal weight is almost half of the current me! Arrgh..
how depressing...but we're all different, ya know? Even 115 sounds like
so little to me! May I ask...are you very short? I am 5'4 and my goal is 150.
I'm naturally thick and muscular and I haven't been at that weight since I
was a sophomore in high school! Even then, I was a sprinter on the track
team and ran often.

Here's a recap of "Me":

I'm 22 years (Ha! Turned in December!) and I am a college student and
I work full time, own a home and live with my boyfriend who is 28. We
have one...kitty named Winston. I'm really busy and my struggle is mostly
that - being so busy it's hard to plan meals and schedule workout times.
I get off of work at 9pm now and it's so terrible because I have class at
9am the next morning and with homework, studying and sleep....working
out is just a mess! But I've decided I'm going to try to get to the gym
at least 4 times a week - twice during the week and on my weekends off.
I think that would be a great start. At home I eat mostly vegetarian foods
since I don't have time to cook, let alone meat! Many times only have time
to warm up a frozen Healthy Choice bowl or SmartOnes meal between
school and work and feeding Winston!

Anyway, hope all of you are well!

ROSE: I'll be with you tomorrow about my progress at the gym. I'm really
nervous because I just estimted that I am 200 pounds...I don't know!
It's so terrible I feel like a loser! BUT...chin up!
Old 03-13-2001, 09:12 PM   #4  

Hi Girlie! Nice to "meet" you To answer your question, yes I am very short. I am 4'9". I had gotten down to my goal weight about 5yrs ago with the help of diet pills & as soon as I reached goal, stopped taking the pills, and stopped watching my portions all the weight crept back plus a ton more This time I am doing this for good, meaning I will have to continue counting points probably for the rest of my life and continue to exercise. Unfortunately I like many others can gain weight way faster than I can lose it. I'm in it for the long haul.

Good luck to you with your weight loss....

Debbie
168/115/105
Old 03-13-2001, 10:06 PM   #5  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hi!

Thank you for wishing me well, DEB.

My mom is 4'11 and she's complaining because she's around
113. I think she looks great!

Well...no more procrastinating...I'm off to the gym...
Old 03-14-2001, 10:41 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone!

Debbie-I'm so glad you found us! This is a great place to be. Allot of motivation. First of all may I say congrats on almost meeting your goal. You've inspired me to keep going so eventually I can reach my goal too. It must feel so good. Leslie's tapes are great. She's such a sweet lady and very energizing. I know you will reach your goal soon but even when you do still post here to stay on track. It's great having you post with us!

Girlie-Now don't beat yourself up! I know you went to the gym right? It's hard to get started but once you do you will feel that same addiction to exercise you had before. It's that "forming a habit" thing. They say it takes 21 days to really make it a habit. I think they are right. You are so sweet to ask your brother about ab exercises for me! Thank you so much. I'm glad in a way that I don't have a sibling in such good shape. I'm sure I would be lectured constantly although my 16 year old son is in awesome shape but he is also very supportive. He's been giving me weight lifting tips. I hope they help. I have three 8 minute Tae Bo tapes that I can work into my Spark program because they are actually more then 8 minutes more like 16 minutes so they will work great. I'm so glad you are back. And Winston sounds like a cutie. You really keep this thread rolling. I'll be checking back looking for your report. I know you can do it!

Okay everybody else where did you all go? Please check in we all need the motivation. We can do this!
Old 03-14-2001, 10:57 AM   #7  

Thanks Rose...Well, I haven't done my tape at all this week because I have been sick with a nasty cold & could barely breathe. I have been trying to at least get up & walk around instead of just lay around feeling bad for myself. I have managed to do between 2-3 miles a day. Yesterday I did manage to squeeze in 2.99 miles but I was just 500 steps short of my 10,000 steps a day. Today I am feeling much better so I hope to be able to do my tape & get back into the swing of things.

Have a good day!
Debbie
168/115/105
Old 03-14-2001, 11:35 AM   #8  

Debbie-I meant to ask you on my other post where did you buy your pedometer? I am really interested in getting one. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rose
Old 03-14-2001, 11:47 AM   #9  

Rose, I actually got mine when I ordered my WW At Home package. It was included. The one I have is the blue pedometer for the 1-2-3 plan. I like it because it tracks my steps, calories & miles walked. I've had it for a year and it's held up well. I know a friend of mine saw the new pedometers at the WW center & she told me they are $19.95. I don't know if it does the same as this one as I don't attend meetings. I do know the new one supposedly beeps each time you earn an activity point. Maybe someone who has that one can tell you a little more about it. Another idea might be to check ebay because I got my Mom the one I have for like $14 on ebay brand new in the package with instructions & batteries.

Hope this helps,
Debbie
168/115/105
Old 03-14-2001, 12:34 PM   #10  

Thanks Debbie for the info. I'm a big fan of ebay and will check that out. That's exactly the kind I'm looking for. Thanks again and I hope you feel better!
Old 03-14-2001, 04:06 PM   #11  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello Ladies!

Good news and bad news and good news.

First, the good...I went to meet my old elliptical last night.
I set the machine for 45 minutes but only did 35, then walked
around the track for 10 minutes. It was difficult! Man, I used to fly
through 60 minutes. Deb, I used to do the elliptical and get in
10,000 rotations in an hour! It was hard, but I will get there
again! Would a rotation be similar to a step? Anyway, I did manage to
get to 5000 rotations last night in the 35 minutes. I think 10,000
steps a day is a really great daily goal! Boy, was I huffin' and puffin'

But as I did it, I remembered the "high" I'd get from using the elliptical.
I'd be at 35....45....50...minutes...and challenge myself to go further.
What I like about it is that it's a great workout in one hour.

Oh, Rose:
My brother works 3rd shift so I'll call him later. He's probably asleep
now. I do know that he recommends lunges with dumbells. You
have to keep your belly firm and control your breath as you lunge,
and it works the tummy as well as the legs!

OK, so the bad news is that I weight a LOT more than I thought, more
than I've ever weighed in my life! I'm 209 but it's that time of the month
too so maybe that will take a couple off!

Anyway, the other good news is that I've made my long
term goal to lose 59lbs by my birthday in December. Is that bad?
That's about 6-7 pounds a month. I WILL celebrate my b-day feeling
and looking even better than I do now!!!! Ha!

OK, talk to you all later!

Girlie
Old 03-15-2001, 10:27 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone!

Girlie-Way to go on getting that workout in! The first step is always the hardest and you did it! I bet your elliptical missed you. It's no big rush to ask your brother. Just whenever you talk to him next. I appreciate your help. And as for the weight when I started on my weight loss venture I was at my all time high of 223 and that was a shocker for me as well but the pounds will come off and even quicker then before because your muscles have "memory" and will try to get back to where they were when you were exercising. Keep up the great work Girlie! Remember I'm your cheerleader. Go Girlie Go Girlie Go Go GO!

Debbie-I found a pedometer for 14 dollars and it counts the steps. I read an article a while back either in Family Circle or McCalls about the 10,000 steps a day thing and I think that is a good figure to aim for. I'm so interested in knowing just how many steps I get in a day. I know it's not much while I'm at work seeing I sit behind a desk all day but I do try to get up and move around a little. Keep up the great walking Debbie and thanks again for your help!

Now what happened to all of our other exercisers out there? Where did you all go? Are you still with us? Please check in when you can. We all need the motivation!

Last night I did my 8 minute Tae Bo live workout and it kicked my butt. Talk about get your heart rate up. My heart rate was way up which isn't good because I know I must have been out of my "zone" so I'll have to watch the intensity a little. We'll see if this all pays off. I look thinner in my clothes but boy when you look at yourself in the mirror after a shower it's like ! So that just motivates me even more to get moving. Talk to you all later.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:36 AM   #13  

Hi There!

Well, as you know I have been sick so I haven't done my walking tape all week. I have aimed for the 10,000 steps a day. Yesterday I actually did 12,565 steps & 3.96 miles which I was really happy with. Starting today I am going to start doing my tape again. I should be doing that in the next hour or so. I am a little bummed today because I weighed in and I think my scale is finally done with. It shows I gained a pound but my Tanita scale (which I use every now & then) showed I was down 1/2 a lb from last week & lost 1% body fat from the same time last week. Talk about being confused. I am going to continue with my exercise & buy a new scale to use for my weigh ins.

Rose, glad to hear you found a pedometer. I don't go anywhere without mine. It's amazing how much walking you do without even realizing it.

Girlie, it sounds like you have a good solid goal to work towards. I am sure you will do great & will reach your goal by your birthday

Hope you all have a great day!!
Debbie
Old 03-15-2001, 05:31 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hi!

I didn't plan to work out again last night, but I did. I got home and my BF left
a pot on the stove and it had burned down to NOTHING and he was SLEEPING!
So instead of getting upset, I put water in the pot and got dressed to go work
out. I haven't felt sore yet, but I know I've been sleeping really deeply and my
shoulders have been tight. So, last night I only got to 30 minutes and I walked
for about 20 minutes afterward. I'm glad I went anyway because I hadn't planned
to..that means, if I really don't feel like it, I don't have to tonite. I don't think
I will because I'm going to Chicago tomorrow to the Art Inst. and for shopping and
I will get some good walking in!

ROSE: thanks for the inspiration! I'm really glad that I'm back. I sometimes feel
so big and fat, but I kind of like my body..just because it's mine, no matter what
it looks like. I really want to be healthy. I'm probably never be satisfied with the
way I look naked, even when I lose the 50. I mean, who is? I just really want to be
healthy!

Debbie:
I hope you don't become a slave to the scale! Like I'm beginning to become! I
bought a digital scale on Tuesday night, and I have checked my weight every
day since, day and night! It's terrible. I'm not checking it again until Sunday,
and every Sunday only. I'm going to put it away in my closet! Take out the
battery!!!!!!

Have a great weekend all of you! I probably won't be able to write again until
Monday!

Bye All!

Girlie
Old 03-15-2001, 05:32 PM   #15  
Bacon Girlie

Default ????

Every time I write, there are those spaces in my messages! Why would that be???

Thanks!
Closed Thread