Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/175

Height: 5'11''

Unhappy Hello! I am back

Hello everyone!

My name is Steph and I am back to 3FC... I look at the site every now and then and was a member (under a different username) awhile ago.

I have recently gained a good amount of weight, about 40 pounds in a little over a year. I know everybody has to "blame" something, and I really hate to but I know there is a reason I put on the weight. My mom was sick pretty much for an entire year (2013 into 2014), and her suffering and pain took a toll on me. I turned to food as a comfort. Instead of going to the gym, I wanted to be there for my mom. My mom wouldn't eat a lot, so i would always try to get her her favorite food (usually steak n shake is what she would crave), so naturally I would order some for myself to. I felt guilty for having to work full time when my mom was sick, and as soon as I got done with work I would race home to be with my mom. I wouldn't allow myself to go to the gym, because that was time away from my mom and I felt like I needed to always be there with her when I could.

Fast forward to a year later, and my mom is better. I thank God everyday she is okay now and beat her illness. So now I need to focus on ME.

My lowest adult weight was 183 pounds (I am 5'11), and honestly I would love to get to that weight. That was approximately March 2013, and since then have gained approximately 40 pounds. My 183 lbs was when I was going to the gym every day, and eating health (for the most part, anyway!) My highest weight was 223 (about 2 weeks ago) and now I am at 216. I know it is not a lot, but it it is a start. I am going to focus on eating healthier and working out a lot more.

Does anyone else feel so overwhelmed by the amount of weight they have to lose? I know that many people on here have 100+ pounds to lose, and my 45 pounds I want to lose seems so small compared to that. Just feeling very overwhelmed....

I'm so glad I was there for my mom when she was sick but now that she has beat it i am ready to FOCUS ON ME!

Thank you for the support I know you will all provide....
Lucky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Height: 5'6

Hi Lucky-- and welcome back! I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it, but I'm also glad your mother is doing a lot better! It's certainly time to focus on yourself. You can do it!
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #3  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

first of all, I'm glad to hear your mother's health has improved and you're able to focus on your health now.

Its easy to feel overwhelmed, regardless of the number of pounds you want to lose. I have had ~30lbs to lose for years now, but it may as well have been 300 for how monumentally unattainable it seemed. Still seems that way sometimes, but ya know what? That's okay.

You have done it before though, so you know for a fact that you can succeed. I'm glad you found your way back to 3FC.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #4  

I'm glad to hear that you mom is doing well, and that you are taking care of yourself.

I get overwhelmed sometimes, and other times it all feels doable. I guess I keep trying to get back to the doable feelings.

Making the commitment to care for oneself is powerful, staying connected to that commitment will help us get there.
Catlover613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Steph! I'm glad your mom is doing well And you're right, now is time to focus on YOU. Don't think that you need to lose wow 40 lbs! (which really that's like nothing compared to what I want to lose-90lbs) So, why don't you just set small goals? maybe try to lose 5 or 10 lbs. at a time and reward yourself with a manicure, pedicure, a new hairstyle, something to pamper yourself, and then move on to your next small goal, until you reach your 40 lbs. Good luck to you!
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote