Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default I have an eggy question

I absolutely HATE eggs. but I love the yolk. What I mean is the white part of the egg is not happening for me if I scramble then yes. If I hard boil for salads ,no. I want to add in for breakfast or lunch meals as a protein. So my question is this…

1. Is there any condiment to put on them so I would like the whites or at least make them taste better? And yes, I think the white is also a texture "gagger" for me.. No, I don't know why

2. Is the yolk so bad in fat and calories that I can just add the yolk instead?

Crazy enough, I buy eggs. I want to add them in salads , on a slice of toast, you name it. But I end up choking them down and that's not good either
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I think it may be worth you trying a golden egg. I've never done it myself, but before cooking, you shake the egg rather violently (not sure how long, id guess a minute). Then proceed to hard boil as usual. It scrambles the whites and yolks inside the egg. However, I'm not sure what the texture will be.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I think it may be worth you trying a golden egg. I've never done it myself, but before cooking, you shake the egg rather violently (not sure how long, id guess a minute). Then proceed to hard boil as usual. It scrambles the whites and yolks inside the egg. However, I'm not sure what the texture will be.
I have never heard of this so of course I had to look it up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazP6zvJmiQ
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

Sounds like you have a great solution above.

Alternatively, you could separate the egg before cooking. The whites can be used as a binding ingredient in all sorts of low calorie baked things. I think you would then microwave the yolk a little to use like you normally do. Hopefully, though, the Golden Egg solution will work for you. I'm interested to hear how it goes!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #5  

Wow, going to have to try this! May be a possible solution to egg white hate lol. Thanks so much

Last edited by cheddahcat; 07-26-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

a golden hard boiled egg sounds so good! I must try this!!
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I eat quails eggs. The pickled ones are cheaper. You could give them a try.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #8  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I tried this last night just by shaking the eggs vigorously. No luck lol Will have to try the method in the video that was posted!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #9  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Why eat something that you don't particularly care for? Eggs aren't all that high in protein considering the amount of cholesterol and saturated fat they contain; not worth it if you don't care for them IMO. I don't know who the Egg Counsel bribed to convince the general public that eggs are some sort of nutritional powerhouse but really you'd do better eating the chicken who laid the egg instead.

Yolks are nearly pure fat, if you're just crazy about the taste of yolks use tofu to make mock egg salad and flavor it with one egg yolk.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #10  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNew Me View Post
Why eat something that you don't particularly care for? Eggs aren't all that high in protein considering the amount of cholesterol and saturated fat they contain; not worth it if you don't care for them IMO. I don't know who the Egg Counsel bribed to convince the general public that eggs are some sort of nutritional powerhouse but really you'd do better eating the chicken who laid the egg instead.

Yolks are nearly pure fat, if you're just crazy about the taste of yolks use tofu to make mock egg salad and flavor it with one egg yolk.
OP wrote she LOVES egg yolks but dislikes the white part. The fat, which many consider to be healthy fat (and I don't mean lobbyists, lol) is all in the yolk. The yolk is FULL of vitamins, too. An egg has all the nutrients needed to grow a chicken so imo it's an extraordinarily healthy and economical choice. I have eaten eggs for decades--often several every day. At age 61, my bloodwork remains in a healthy range for lipids. I don't eat them fried in oil or with bacon. And I spend the extra money for eggs from pastured hens.

Last edited by mars735; 07-31-2014 at 01:14 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #11  

Thanks everyone yes I love the yolk. It's the white I don't like. Good suggestions though