South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Beach Chat, July 9

Good Morning

All is well here. I thought I'd get us started while the coffee is brewing. It's the first day in ages that I don't have to be somewhere. Of course, there's always a list but today it's my own. The heating guy will be here around 930 so I may even go back to bed for a bit.

The mosquitos have gotten really bad here lately so I don't go outside anymore without the bug spray. Ouch!

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi
Old 07-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Debbie, you can go back to sleep after drinking coffee?! Hope today is smooth sailing for you.

Last night's "GNO" went okay DD said she had to clean her brain out when we were done, LOL. She did make me stop talking at dinner (Panera..black bean soup!), and finish in the car. I guess DH talked with DS too a bit, which kinda ruined his appetite ( ).

On another subject, I've had a quirky neck for over 2 months, and it suddenly got worse in the last couple of days, and today it's pretty bad, I could barely haul myself out of bed (and couldn't stay in it since it hurt to move). Hopefully the ibuprofen will help. I think I have a little texas caviar left, so I can just grab that, cuz I sure won't be moving much.

Half way thru the week already!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for starting us up. Our mosquitoes are bad too - too much rainy weather. We also have deer flies that seem to take a hunk of flesh when they bite.

Yesterday was a hot and muggy day. I seemed to be busy every minute and was really looking forward to grilling dinner - pork tenderloin and grilled veggies - but the heavens opened and we got two inches of rain very quickly. So much for that plan! The good news is tonight's dinner is ready to roll.

Not sure what today will bring but I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy. I may dig out the vacuum and spiff up the front porch so it's ready for the next rainy day. So great to have a covered porch to sit on when it rains but it is another room to clean.

Raising my coffee mug in a toast to a smooth humped Wednesday!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Nothing formal on the agenda today, probably laundry and maybe some yardwork once it dries out. We too, got the deluge last night. There's a lot of people without power still this morning but ours never went out. (yeah!)

Ruth, DH had thought abut grilling a pork loin also but we pivoted to leftover meatball casserole when the rain came. Perked it up with some extra sauteed veggies- yum!

Tammy, do you feel better now that the initial talk with DD is out of the way? Hope your neck gets better.

Debbie, we replaced our old and decrepit boiler/hot water heater and converted to LP gas last fall and it has been great. Like you said, it is nice to shut down the nagging thought of "will it konk out mid-winter". Enjoy the "you" day.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Enjoy your day.

Tammy - Ouch. Hope it feels better soon.

Ruth - I have porch envy.

Beth - Sounds like you got quite a soaking.

I think I'll run over to the mall today to return some clothes I ordered online. This afternoon DH and I are going to see the movie Jersey Boys with my mom. She and I had seen the play together. We've been making progress on the planning for our trip next January. It is hard to believe that it is now less than 6 months away; we started planning a year out.

Have a great day.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks

I say the same thing about my boiler too. Somedays I wonder who is older me or the boiler. Fortunately it seems to be an iron horse Believe me not in my budget to replace!

Tammy aren't those "talks" fun. I remember DS asking me a question one night before bed and my thought was why are you asking me???? lol Double duty when you are man and woman of the house. Now I bet he knows way more than I do.

Our Mosquitos are biting badly too. They ruin sitting outside for me.

Today is running around, seems like I do that everyday. DS is getting on my nerves not working and not doing anything productive around the house. He now leaves me lists for the grocery store Gee thanks kid lol

Actually everything is getting on my nerves. Thanks hormones.

Got my first tuition bill yesterday. If I really tighten my belt I can make my payment without a loan. I am going to try my darndest not to take a loan the first year. The ex is set with his half thanks to a nice inheritance. Truthfully he could easily pay the entire two years, but I would NEVER ask him to. A girl's got to keep her pride.

Sad day for my job. One of our Inspector's suffered a heart attack and died yesterday. He was only 47!!!! He was diagnosed with an in curable form of brain cancer a few months ago. He was being treated for blood clots in his leg and lungs. During the treatment he went into cardiac arrest. I'm sure our department will have a "police funeral" for him. Guess I better spiff up my Class A's. Just another reminder to take care of your health. The Inspector even before his diagnosis was not a picture of health being morbidly obese.

Well on that note time to get motivated. The kid needs a ride and I need to go to Joe's and get my car back. The truck will stay at Joe's until I buy tires for it. Then I will list it for sale (he will show it for me as I don't like haggling with people) I think it will sell quicker buy him as it is pretty rustic there. If I make enough selling I will either pay down/off my credit card or bank it for a tuition payment.

Happy humid hump day
Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Jennifer, so sorry to hear about your Inspector. Yes, I, too, have many daily reminders why I want to stay healthy. Great you have a plan for next yrs tuition. I think I'm the only one w/o kids here. (why I'm installing a new boiler lol)

Karen, have fun at the movies! I haven't been to a movie or play for ages. (PS January is sure going to be a fine time to take a vacation!)

Beth, yay for "nothing formal" on the agenda! I'm hoping for a substantial $$ svgs with the new boiler-did you find that?

Ruth, I could not deal with deer flies-they wanted to eat me alive last summer in Minn. Glad you already have dinner for tonight! That's planning ahead x2!

Twynn, I'm sorry to hear your neck has gotten so bad. I hope the ibuprofen will help. BTW-going back to bed after coffee is just wishful thinking….I never do. lol

sophie, I am visualizing you knitting in the quiet morning….I will get back to that someday!

I started hauling "stuff" out of the basement this morning….I joined a FB yard sale group last night. I'm hoping to sell a few things but the rest is going to thrift. By getting it out early I have the whole day to deal with the stuff while they work downstairs. (I think I'm procrastinating paperwork lol)
Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Did not want to wake up this morning, had to force myself out of bed, had to force myself to go for a run but now I feel better that I did lol. Today is my last wfh day for the week so planning on working on reports today besides conference call meetings. The next two days we have a consultant coming in who is supposed to tell us how we can run more efficient, I hope we are not wasting money.

Debbie our area is also bad, I got bitten last night quite a bit at swim meet. Try my darnest not to scratch them.

Tywnn sorry to hear about your neck you should try youtube for neck exercises, I still do my PT exercises they taught me for home and that has helped me with my neck, it is still not 100% pain free but no more muscle spasms

Ruth enjoy your day hopefully it will be calm

Beth glad to hear your power did not go out. This is one of things about getting older I hate how your body parts start to ache lol.

Karen enjoy the movie

Jekel sorry to hear about your co- worker. Your right that this motivation to keep eating healthy and keep moving.

I get to go pay my first installment of property taxes at lunch today, hate writing that check. Glad my second is not due til September.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Pearlrose! It sounds like DD's BD was fun! I'm always impressed with your morning run! You rock! I'm trying not to scratch, either....
ETA-your comment regarding UTUBE videos reminded me of a website I've found extremely helpful. It's DoItYourselfJointPain.com with a hyphen between each word. DRGARYCROWLY addresses each area of pain and has instructions and multiple videos for most ailments. I have found it super helpful for some home-treatment when I literally get "in a pinch"

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-09-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not a calm day although I was all set to go out to the garden! Then I got a call about a dog found being disruptive at the Theatre Summer School. It was my friend Karen's Brody - a great dog but self-walking. Went to get him and take him home. Their house was wide open and all inside doors were open so Brody just pushed open the screen door. He sometimes swims the creek and visit s the camping park. Nice dog but Karen's kids are a bit irresponsible.

On my way back I got flagged down by the staff at the Mill - three of them were on duty today but they all had tour groups so I had to hold the fort for a bit in the gift shop.

NQW I am going out to the garden for some salad greens and THEN I will hit the front porch.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

took advantage of dh not being home this morning and got lots accomplished. Hope everyones day is going great. Not muchelse is new and that's a good thing
take care
Sophie
Old 07-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon. I'm still drinking coffee but I'm sure that doesn't make it morning. It's a busy week but very productive so that helps. Crazy DH has decided to tackle the back porch rebuild in this heat. He is tearing it apart and turning it into a cold pantry/storage/mud room. It will be nice to have it done but I wish he'd picked better weather for it.

Time to get dinner together. I love this time of year, so many good vegetable recipes. I'm making grilled shrimp over salad, szechuan green beans, and maybe something with beets. I can't stay away from the vegetable stand
Old 07-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I went to my favorite farm stand today too. I love their "bargain bin" One dollar gets you a nice size bag of misshaped veggies. It is a great way to sell veggies most would pass up. For a mere 3 dollars I walked away with 3 zucchini, 6 yellow squash and 6 crooked cucumbers. Stocked up on a few other goodies too. Made a bean salad for lunch and buffalo chicken salads for dinner. Oh and cherries could not resist those.

Ruth the dogs in your neighborhood like to wander

Had a good long cry today over a song lol. I do feel a little better. My stress levels have been off the charts. I cried telling my dear friend Ed about my crying fit lol I am not liking my 40 plus hormones at all!!!
Closed Thread