South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Talk to me beach chat Tuesday 7/8

Hello......where is everybody??

Guess the coffee isn't ready yet.

Hot day in store with thunderstorms later. AC is already cranking for the pups. Up early to go to the test review in NYC. I will have a rough idea on the multiple choice portion only. The essays will be graded separately and the interview is the end of the month. Fortunately I do not need to buy a new suit!!! My favorite summer suit is too big, but I am going to wear it anyway. I will treat myself to a new blouse. I even have shoes Whoo hoo!!!

What are your plans for the day stop by before the day gets too busy
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm here too, I was waiting to see who would start it first .

Wow, sounds like quite a process, Jekel! Good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll do great.

For me - work day. I'm meeting my hospital manager for coffee at Panera, then normal work day, then girls night out with DD. I noticed that DD is starting to get hips. HIPS. hips. Dang it! She's 9, but she's probably about 4' 10" or so, and is wearing a bra. Shhhhh...don't tell her GNO is going to be a birds and the bees lesson.

After that, I'm sure I'll need a glass of wine!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh! Good morning, Jennifer. Sure hope the test goes OK and congratulations on the new shoes. I bet they are not open toed with a spike heel, right?

Yes the coffee is on and it's great. (I'm still in love with Paul Newman but have had little affairs with other brands.) I've been up since 5:30 and poking around the website. Somehow, my FitBit says I've done 100 steps. Hmmm - maybe walking on sand counts for more?

Had to deal with an "emergency" yesterday when 38 young teens arrived at the Mill for a tour. I had only two staff scheduled so they hollered for help and Anna and I dashed down. It was a local theatre summer camp group. You'd think they'd have called first.

I've been missing my glasses for over two weeks and have searched everywhere. I can get along fine without them and use my shades for driving but really do need them. In the afternoon I finally gave up and drove to town for new ones. They'll be ready in a week or so. Wanna bet I find the old ones in that time? I did a small grocery shop while there and have some lovely pork tenderloin marinating for shish-kebob, maybe for tonight.

Today is my official on-duty day at the Mill but I think I'll just do the opening routine and then come home and be on-call. It's supposed to rain again so I'll play it by ear. I do have some garden stuff to do and there's always the Battle of the Bamboo!

Off we go to tackle Tuesday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Tammy, hips and a bra at 9! You must be feeding her too well! Sounds like good "girls night" out. Um ... what is GNO? And do they offer birds and bees lessons?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm here, Jennifer. Just letting my coffee wake me up first. I hope you find the test review questions are going to be a cinch! And that's great that you'll only have to buy a new blouse to make your suit complete!

Tammy, your day sounds like fun, and I hope your GNO with Grace goes well. Good luck!

I spent most of my day yesterday running errands, and one of them was taking Maggie to let her pick out her birthday present from me. She wanted her own braiding kit for her ponies, and we found a nice set in pink for her. I'm going to embroider her name on it for her, probably today, and she's thrilled with it.

This morning I'll have just enough time to tidy up the house before music lessons, which will take us into the afternoon, and the girls want to go out for Greek salads afterwards. Yum!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Tammy, like you, I peeked earlier and was waiting to see who would start the thread first!! I have to leave in a few minutes for an appt with the knee doctor. At least it is a pretty drive.

Jennifer,
good luck today!
Tammy, good luck to you as well. I think boys are easier...
Ruth, calling ahead would be so much effort, no?

Ok, need to fill my coffee and run. Have a great day chicks!!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-08-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Jennifer! I poked in but decided to let someone else start us up since my internet is so slow. Hope your travel into the city for your review goes well! Super great to know you don't have to buy a new suit!

Twynn, busy day! Take care and I don't envy your bird/bee talk lol!

Ruth, I've never understood, either, why folks don't call ahead. We see it at the restaurant all the time....why does a party of 16 think they can just walk in and get a table?? "We really want to sit together", they say. lol. Good luck with all your other projects, too!

Pearlrose, vacation....how exciting!

sophie, thanks for the recipe link...it sounds delish! Bears, ack!

Karen, hope you got your grocery shopping done!

Beth, yay for P1 in response to weekend eating! Enjoy your drive even if it is to see the knee dr. I've been meaning to say glad you like that greens powder. It really seems to help me sustain my energy with my morning smoothie. I order mine on line.....is that where you're getting yours?

Linda, how nice you can look forward to a slow "next week".

Its a big day here. I work at the restaurant but my heating guy is going to start on our new boiler....a response to the giant check I gave him last night. This is my childhood home and the boiler was here when I was a kid (the hot water heater, too). He has a plan because he thinks that once he turns off the gas and drains the water to the HWH that it's going to just disintegrate. They are going to remove it quickly. I do think I'm going to see a large reduction in our winter heating costs AND we can quit worrying about it failing mid-winter. I'm grateful I am in good shape to work like I do and offset the costs-something I was incapable of 100# ago. Yay SBD!

So, I have to do some basement reorganizing AND drink more coffee before work.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I don't seem to be able to get out of my own way lately. Today is another 12 hour day and I'm driving up and down 91 for meetings Ah well, hopefully it will slow down a little soon.

I'll be back tonight to catch-up a little
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Jennifer. Bet you look stunning in your suit and heels. Good luck

Tammy. Have a good time with dd. They sure grow up fast these days. Hope you saw the blueberry butter recipe. It really goods down a lot. I used sugar but its for my grandsons.

Ruth is it the kind of bamboo panda bears eat. Maybe the toronto zoo can come down and cut it down for free

Cottage running errands is so tiring. Hope today is easier

Beth. Hope your appt goes well

Debbie. Yes you have so much energy. Hope you don't have too much clean up when you come home

Cyndi. Hope that at least your drive is thru beautiful Vermont back roads

I have been up early. Love to sit and knit when dh is still sleeping. Going out for second cup of coffee on deck soon. Will go hiking this morning. Got to keep in shape 10 more weeks till our trip
take care
Sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is DD2 real birthday but we have a swim meet tonight but I know she is still excited she is at the age when it still kind of stretches for a few days instead of one.

Jekel fingers crossed for your test review

Tywnn I worried about DD2 starting early like at 8 but luckily she has still not and she turned 11 today. Enjoy your GNO

Ruth since I didn't see anyone else respond GNO= Girl's Night Out. Have a great day

Cottage glad she liked her present, DD2 wants a new bike so I may have DS take her with his truck to pick it out today

Beth hope your knee appointment goes well

Debbie yeah that SB is working to keep you healthy

Cyndi hope your 12 hour days flys by quickly.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I ended up spending yesterday afternoon with a neighbor. She needed to make a drive out to her lake house, about an hour a way, and was looking for company. I enjoyed myself once I got over being rushed into it; I don't do spontaneous very well.

Today I have PT on my pinched nerve. I think it will be the last time I see this gal. I'm going to start with someone else for my hip so will ask him to work with me on the other as well. I'm happy to report that the pinched nerve symptoms are much improved over the past few weeks with PT.

I work the closing shift tonight. We got a lot of new stuff in so I suspect I will be steaming clothes, which is about my least favorite thing to do. Oh well.

Have a good one.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Duh! Thanks, Pearlrose. I thought it was some sort of a drugstore chain in the States. I must be confusing it with another set of initials.

(Pity the poor dumb Canadians!)
Old 07-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks! Just touching base to say my knee doctor said what I thought he'd say: "this is pretty much as good as it gets and let me know if it gets worse." Luckily I'm not trying to train for a marathon or anything!

Ruth, I should warn you I wore a FitBit for a week this spring and the one thing I found that threw it off was sitting in my rocker in the evening. One night I picked up a couple hundred steps watching TV!

Debbie, I did order the same green powder you mentioned; got it at Amazon. I really like it.

Cyndi, hope your meetings/driving went smoothly. I haven't been on that stretch of Vermont highway much.

Have a good evening everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote