South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ 163.9/ 130

Height: 5 ft

Default Gained Most of it Back...

Well it's been almost 2 months now and last week I was finally lost my first 5 lbs. I was so excited to finally be out of the 180's, until this morning when I stepped on the scale to find that I gained back most of it and now I'm not even down 1.5 lbs. I'm so disgusted with myself right now, and while I know I can't give up, part of me is just saying this really isn't worth it. Why am I doing all this hard work and making all these sacrifices if nothing is going to change and I'm just going to stay heavy and unhealthy? I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe this just isn't the plan for me? Plus I'm going through a very stressful time right now, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it...
Roldgold831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #2  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

UGH it is so frustrating, I know. When I first joined here I posted about how I apparently couldn't lose any weight and I got all kinds of advice. Although SBD is my base plan, I incorporated several things, and I am constantly a "work in progress." I do things such as have an "eating window," in other words not letting myself graze all day long until bedtime (mine is 8 hours, so it's not that restrictive) ... I also HAVE to go lower carb to lose any weight ... and have to get lots of incidental exercise in my day, mostly meaning walking walking and more walking (which I am NOT doing currently).

I (and others) suggested a list of things to try when you posted about "ready to give up". The only thing I can think to add, or emphasize, is to ensure that you are getting enough veggies in. I really have to plan my veggies first, then add some protein, to be successful.

I hope you sort it out! Everyone has to find out what works with their bodies at whatever stage of life they are in. Personally I don't think I can ever go back to eating grains daily - that was a HUGE adjustment but I'm OK with that now since I found enough other things I love.

PS YES stress can definitely wreak havoc on a body's ability to shed weight. Stress management techniques are something to consider. Maybe walking while focusing on breath control? Then you are getting more activity as well!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #3  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roldgold831 View Post
Why am I doing all this hard work and making all these sacrifices if nothing is going to change and I'm just going to stay heavy and unhealthy?
Just wanted to add: there is no way you are not healthier with the changes you have made (well assuming you weren't eating well or exercising before)! The weight loss, as you already know, is a different story

Last edited by EmmaD; 06-04-2014 at 01:05 PM.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote