Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #1  

Default Doing this thing again!

Hi all. I am so very excited to have found this forum! I did SB a decade ago (my, that's a long time) and was very successful (nearly 100 lbs.). A large part of my success was due to a community similar to this. Unfortunately, that forum is now defunct :-( I joined the 'official' SBD site but am not sure it's worth the money. So...here I am!

I'm just restarting SBD today. I've probably forgotten most of what I knew way back when. And I know things have changed somewhat. And (sigh) I'm a lot older now so things are going to be different I expect.

Back then my goal was to be able to wear a dress to my son's wedding that was smaller than my wedding dress. Mission accomplished. But then life happened and I got stupid and voila, I gained most of my weight back.

Now I'm type 2 diabetic (diagnosed 10/2013) and am having a rough time trying to control my BG levels. So my main purpose this time around is to get healthier, drop some weight, and get my BG levels under control without resorting to meds.

This looks like an active forum and I look forward to getting to know some of you as we travel this road together!
debbieagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Welcome! I can tell you this is a great site. Ive been a member for a few years. I was once at 160 & now down to 126. Its a great feeling & worked hard. During part of it (at beginning) I found out I am hypoglycemic. The Dr gave me pamplets & explained to me how I should eat & how to read lables better. That helped me kick start the weight loss. I wasnt eating perfect but was eating better & more the way she explained to me. Main thing to remember which is hard when you get cravings & go out to eat & that this has to be a life change & not a diet. Yes I still eat some junk food once in awhile but not like I used too. After a while you get to the point that when you do splurge you can feel it & it doesnt really make you feel good. I get shakey, dizzy ect if I over splurge. Lots of groups on here too to help vent & ask questions
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote