South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Twittering Tuesday May 20 chat

Good morning!! The birds are so loud these days they often wake me up. Can I just say I love this time of year! May and June have to be my favorite months when spring is exploding. Our crabapple trees are coming into bloom and are beautiful.

Busy day yesterday but it was all the same ol' stuff: work, laundry, workout, supper, dishes, etc. I managed to plant some annuals Sunday afternoon but today I must focus on the veggie garden when I get home.

It was good to see Ruth and Linda had a good weekend and made it home safely.

Got to run. Reality calls!

Have a great day chicks, and a morning with plenty of coffee!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Tweeting, 5/20

Holy smokes, May is just flying by and the month is almost over already! It's one of my favorite months, and I'd love to hold onto it a little longer.

I spent most of yesterday bent over double, weeding flower beds, and thought I'd be sore this morning, but I must be in better shape than I thought. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and today promises to be even better, but I'll be busy ferrying the girls around to music lessons this afternoon, and going straight to Amber's school concert after I get off this evening. Which reminds me that I need to grab an ice pack for my car cooler and pack a few extra snacks so I'm not tempted to grab something on the run!

I'm going to take a cup of coffee out on the patio to enjoy before the day gets away from me. Have a wonderful OP day!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Beth! Thanks for getting us started! I love this time of year, too! Not too hot, not too cold and my yard is at a really happy place. Our location is actually called "high desert" and once summer is really here everything starts to look parched no matter how much I water. Have a great day!

I started my day off prepping some fruits/veggies. I now have a beautiful pineapple ready for smoothies and my evening snack. Smoothie is sitting upstairs with me and I have 33 minutes to get to work....just need to make the bed and I'm all set.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Beth and Debbie!

LOL, Beth, it seems we both have birds on our minds this lovely morning! Have a good day!

Debbie, your smoothie sounds great with pineapple! I had some delicious pineapple every morning at the hotel this past weekend.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

GOod morning chicks! Beth, everyone in here is chirping a lot too . I do enjoy my morning walks - the birds are so happy this time of year. I saw someone (well, lots really) with headphones on...what a crime!

Cottage - wow, glad you're not sore! I'm not sure I'd say the same thing!

Lexiss - mmmmmm, smoothie. Sounds delish!

That walk was a great way to start the day. I bit chilly at 45 degrees, but better than 35 the other morning! I have a long day of work (8 left!), but I'm not sure it's full. If I get a lunch break, I hope to run to Sams and get some stuff. Taco salad for supper!

The dr gave me some muscle relaxants for my neck, so hopefully that will be better shortly. It was funny....cute young pharmacist helped me out, and I asked him if I could have wine with it. He looked at me blankly....(he must not have kids), and said that it will make the drowsiness worse. "That's perfect!!" was my reply. LOL....he'll know what I mean one day! (I am only taking half doses, so I wasn't drowsy...darned it...)

Enjoy the spring day y'all!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Reality calls, indeed! This morning it's yelling at me! It's a good thing I had a relaxing weekend because this week has moved into fifth gear. The Keurig will get a good workout - I'm stocked up on Paul. The birds are just wonderful lately. I actually put in my hated hearing aids to be able to hear them better.

Good bunch of students at the Mill year! They are keen to work and come up with good ideas. Later in the season, they have some historical re-enactments planned. On their own initiative they have set up a daily log and have made several suggestions for improvements - like bench on the second floor for folks to relax before they climb to the third floor and a lock on the door to the miller's office. It still can be viewed from a glass wall and there's no need for folks to be leafing through ledgers, etc.

Today is my day to supervise but they really don't seem to need it so I will be in the Office in the Town Hall most of the day. On the weekend there will be a county-wide "open house" and we are going to set up tables in the Town Hall decorated with themes. We hope to garner some bookings.

Now to finish up my suitcase unpacking. I really hate to unpack right away - it sort of keeps the holiday going. Drat! Rain is coming tomorrow so I'd better work in some gardening later today. It's a tad chilly at 46ºF right now.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Geez I thought I was doing great being showered, dressed, laundry in and smoothie before 7:30. Chicks are certainly chirping today!! Today I am in full panic mode and must get this house spring cleaned before mom's arrival. I really want to get a ride in later as it is gorgeous here. Guess it will depend on what the dr says. Have a great day!

Can't wait to hear about Natasha's weekend!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well it's the first day of this mini-vacation and Tim's work called at 6 am because someone called out and they forgot he was on vacation Ah well, more time to relax and drink coffee before packing. We are heading to Maine for a few days for birding, beach walking, and relaxing. Thursday should be particularly relaxing because it's supposed to rain all day. We are bringing Kindles and sketch pads and tea

Jennifer - Next week my parents are visiting so Sunday we will be full on cleaning, mowing, and prep

Time to get breakfast ready (Kalyn's roasted asparagus and eggs with parm) and start to think about travel.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Last night went to Awana for our last meeting until the fall, we had awards and said goodbye to some wonderful people who are moving (got orders) to New York.

I have tons of laundry waiting for me this evening and tomorrow is DH Birthday so he will pick me up from work and we will go to dinner and then baseball game (it's Chuck Berry Bobblehead night).

Sounds like everyone is enjoying the lovely May weather. It has warmed up a bit and I am sure later on either today or tomorrow the a/c will kick back on again but it was nice to have a few days without it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Closed Thread