Chicks in Control - Dropped my guard for 10 days and gained 4 LBS. Need a buddy to overcome this pls!

thirti4thirty
04-13-2014, 02:51 PM
I need a buddy to endure this obstacle, folks. I don't want to give up this time.
I surprised myself these days with how ready I am (again) to destroy everything I've worked for, for the past 4 months...and no I won't give up.
If you're in the same situation or going through something similar and are determined to succeed, come join me!
We could pull each other up the whole and guard each other against discouragement...

IanG
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Well, I went to Turkey and Brussels for 7 days and gained 5 pounds!

I went back on plan yesterday and lost 3.6lbs of those 5 today.

So don't fret and don't give up. Most of it is probably just water.

Remember, the quicker the gain - the faster the loss.

Wannabeskinny
04-13-2014, 06:10 PM
I surprised myself these days with how ready I am (again) to destroy everything I've worked for, for the past 4 months...and no I won't give up.

Don't do that to yourself, you are not destroying everything you've worked for. Dieting just takes its toll, it's part of the process. Restriction usually results in this kind of result. The more you diet the more you're stretching yourself like a rubber band and then the moment the pressure gets too much it snaps or pops. This used to happen to me all the time, lose lose lose and then gain it all back. Just stay positive and look ahead and find the joy in eating and it will be fine, 4 quick lbs can be quickly gone.

SeeMyFeet
04-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Ian, you should probably avoid Brussels and Turkey then, along with Greece, Chile, Hungary and Wales. Go to Iran instead.

The faster on/faster off principle doesn't apply to me, unfortunately. Reason why I have a morbid fear of weight gain.

Brandis
04-13-2014, 07:46 PM
It's okay! the fact that you are dealing with it at least in words means you are not out. I went away and just ignored the fact that fat was sneaking up on me and now look where that got me!!! The very same 30-40 lbs. that I lost more than once is right back on my big behind, as well as my bat wings, my thunder thighs and my gut. You can get right back into it. You can. Believe me. Just don't run away. That's when things get really hairy. And you get a firm sense of denial, and then the pounds really pile on. No giving up!!!

thirti4thirty
04-14-2014, 06:13 AM
Thanks for your encouragement and reassurance, y'all!! It motivates me to get back in control and drop the regained fluff.
I still need a BUDDY though, if anyone cares!

thirti4thirty
04-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Bouncing this post to get myself a pal.

raven59
04-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Hey thirti4thirty, I'll be your buddy! We are almost the same height and have similar goals. I got to goal about 5 years ago and then let it creep back on and have been "trying" to lose it, but never sticking to plan long enough.

This time I've been on plan for 4 weeks straight (a record for me) but the scale is moving down s-l-o-w-l-y and I feel the self sabotage creeping back. A buddy who is at the same mental place might be just the thing.

Let me know what you're thinking about support buddies: how often to check in, etc.

DodgeThis
04-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Hi there thirti4thirty and raven59...I'm brand new to the site and in much the same situation as you both. Can I join your buddy system?

I've lost and regained the weight numerous times and I'm so ready to get a handle on this once and for all.

thirti4thirty
04-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi raven, hi dodge
Thanks so much for replying!
I normally weigh myself every day but I'm avoiding the scale these days. I have started walking again...at least one hour everyday at my workplace.
I'm yet to regain control over food. I've been feeding myself with pretty much everything at anytime. I'm not feeling as miserable as I used to in these situations, but I know I'm in the danger zone right now.
How about you? What little steps have you started taking to get back?
:hug:

DodgeThis
04-16-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm trying to come to terms with my bingeing. It's been ridiculous lately and, much like you, I'm trying to not beat myself up over it. I think feeling bad about yourself just fuels the desire to keep eating.
I've also joined this site :) I think a buddy will be a great help. It's nice to talk to someone in a similar situation.

xRiotGirl
04-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I felt like eating everything today when I've only JUST reached my first mini goal THIS MORNING. So, now I am cleaning out my closet. Because it means putting on all my clothes to see what does/doesn't fit. And seeing what fits even BETTER now. I no longer want to eat anything ever again....(joking :p)

Wishing you luck! <33

raven59
04-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi Dodgethis and Thirti4thirty:
Happy Monday and I hope you both are doing OK. So the little steps I've taken: I have a neighbor/weight loss buddy who lives across the street. We each weigh in daily and text each other our weights. We are following the same plan and have an agreement that we pay ourselves $5.00 each day on plan and have to pay the other $20.00 if we ever have an unplanned cheat. This has worked great for 1 month and we each have lost about 10 lbs.

Interesting, that with this success, we each were at a point where we needed/wanted an off plan day. I took mine yesterday and of course the scale is up today-5 pounds. But since it was planned, I don't feel out of control. It's back on plan today. The daily check-in has really helped keep my focus and seeing the progress...but...I also know this is danger zone time. So...daily check-ins, a structured eating plan, taking time to make on plan recipes that I enjoy, and staying focused with a positive attitude, and daily exercise are the little steps I've taken.

My goals this week: 100% on plan, lots of water, checking in daily on this thread with the two of you, positive attitude.

How about you two? What are your goals this week?

DodgeThis
04-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Hey raven59 - congrats on the weight loss!! You're doing fabulous!
I've started working out again today, so I'm happy about that. I always feel so good when I'm back in that routine...not sure why it's so hard to stick with it! Of course, with Easter having just passed, I may have stolen a few of my daughter's tasty treats :) But, that was my cheat, and, like you said, it was planned, so I don't feel out of control because of it.
I haven't gotten into a regular weighing routine yet, but I haven't been back on the wagon long, so I'm going one step at a time. When I have a few numbers, I'll probably put up a ticker.
Looking forward to sustainable progress! :D

Mercedes136
04-22-2014, 01:33 AM
Wow, I am brand new to this blog/forum thing. I started at the suggestion of my counselor to help remind me that I am not alone in my weight issues. I am completely amazed at how each thing I read on here reminds me of myself and the struggle I have had with my weight for the past 15 years. I can totally relate to the binge eating and then feeling totally guilty and so many other things. I am honestly really excited to read the information out there from people who are going through the same things right now. Thanks for getting my interest and helping inspire me to start a new journey with the help of peers :)

DodgeThis
04-22-2014, 05:55 PM
So, I stayed on track today and I'm very happy! Had a bit of a confrontation at work, but I didn't even think about reaching for food to compensate. And, I will be exercising again tonight so I'm going to mark today in as a success.

raven59
04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Way to go DodgeThis. I am 2 for 2 of completely on plan and exercise. I've lost half the water gain after Easter. Hopefully it will all be flushed out by Wed. or Thurs.

thirti4thirty
04-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi dodge and raven!!!
Good to see you're both doing so well!!! I like the fact that you're no giving up!
On my side I've been quite busy, but straining myself to get back on track. And it has paid off: 1.2lbs gone.
I wanted to walk a lot but I couldn't because of my schedule
I've been eating well though, fruits and nuts. Trying to avoid starchy carbs also and it has worked for 3 days now.
Every day I'm still tempted still, but then the good progress motivates me to do well the other day.
Sending some willpower your way!

DodgeThis
04-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Hey raven and thirti! You guys are doing fantastic! I think you might just be the kick I need to reach my goal :D

raven59
04-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Happy to help in any way I can! Only those of us in the trenches understand how hard this is and the amount of mental energy it takes! I'm doing great after the off plan break. The 5 lbs of overnight weight is all gone and I have been on plan all 4 days this week and will continue the fight.
Together we can do this!

thirti4thirty
04-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi gurlz,

How are you doing this weekend? I'm feeling pretty down...certainly because of TOM.

I've managed to stay on track and shed 2 lbs though.

Sending loadz of willpower you way!

raven59
04-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Congrats, Thirti, that is soo awesome. Hang in there. The mood swings are the toughest! I'm stuck in a plateau and the scale won't budge ugh! I've been 99% on plan with a couple of little (like 1 oz choc. chips or spoon of p. butter) at night. Am I so sensitive that those little things are stalling me? Could be, the only way to know is to stay 100% on plan to know for sure. I'm taking a vacation from the scale, and will check in on Monday morning and see if I get a new number. Otherwise I'm fine. I'm going to bust through the 140s if it's the last thing I do!!

Blondi13
04-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Yes dieting is never fun and I know how easy it is to slip up. I have been good so far on the ideal protein diet but there are days......I just want that piece of chocolate. Just get back at it and keep going.

Blondi13
04-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Also, I have not lost much weight now for 3 weeks and it is very frustrating. I keep hoping I am going to get through the plateau. Summer is coming real fast and that is what I am focussing on right now. Stick to the plan, it will happen.

raven59
04-28-2014, 08:57 PM
The scale is still stuck, but I'm sticking to plan 100%. The clothes are fitting looser, so something is happening. Wishing everyone a great on plan week.

raven59
05-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Still on plan and still stuck at 144. How are you guys doing?

thirti4thirty
05-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Tom still around...

Kscott
05-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Ian, you should probably avoid Brussels and Turkey then, along with Greece, Chile, Hungary and Wales. Go to Iran instead.

The faster on/faster off principle doesn't apply to me, unfortunately. Reason why I have a morbid fear of weight gain.

Agreed, it a lot easier to gain weight than lose it. Remember it's a total lifetime change with your personal relationship with food.

What has really helped me is a free app on most smart phones called myfitnesspal, so as long as you've got an internet connection, no matter where in the world you are, you can keep track of what you're eating so those pounds don't sneak up on you.

It will also sync with your fit bit and Jawbone UP to track your steps, calories burned during the day, etc. Very easy and very helpful weight loss tools.

raven59
05-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Kscott. I actually have my fitness pal and will use it when I get to stabilization and maintenance. I'm using the plan from Metabolic Research Center: low carb, low fat, high protein, similar to Ideal Protien Diet, so I'm not tracking calories, just servings of the food types allowed at each meal.

I FINALLY broke the plateau! Down 3 pounds this morning. What a relief.

How are the rest of you doing? Hope your hanging in there!

DodgeThis
05-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting, but we just went through a move. Needless to say, I'm back at the starting point plan wise. But, oh well! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Congrats on breaking that plateau!
I'm back on track again now and very determined.

raven59
05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Happy Friday! I'm still hanging in there. After my nice drop of 3 lbs last week, the scale has been moving all over the place, but not in a good way. Up 2-3 lbs one day, back down the next, for no particular reason. I'm averaging 1 lb/wk and thought I'd be losing 2lbs/wk, so needless to say this is going to take longer than I thought to get to goal. On the bright side, my clothes are fitting so much better and that's a huge boost.

How are you guys doing? It's been pretty quiet on this thread.

Dodge, glad the move is over. Ugh! Moving is so disruptive. Congrats on getting back on track.

thriti: how are you? where are you??

sasyblond401
05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi --Sasy blonde- I will be your buddy????///I know what it is like not losing weight when we wont to. just send me a message if you want e-mail. I live in Tempe,az USA

DodgeThis
05-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Raven - congrats on the continued weight loss! I know the 1lb per week may not have been what you wanted, but I still think that's great. And, better the number goes down rather than up.
I started a healthy eating plan again today. It was one I followed in the past with great success, but I would derail after a certain amount of weight loss. I'm never sure why, but something seems to click in my brain that makes me not care for a while and then I gain all the weight back. But, this time I'm following it through to the end...and maintaining it!

inglesita64
05-18-2014, 06:15 AM
How are you all doing? I have joined the forums again after a long absence and found this thread. Is it still active? May I join it?
I long aroung 30 pounds two years ago and for the past month my eating has been quite chaotic. I noticed that I am overeating, though not binging yet, and I don't want to go back to all that. I could overcome binging (after more than 30 years of suffering it) and now I cannot understand why I seem to be heading back there when most things in my life are back on track. I am even dating and happy with my guy! So, I would like to be your buddy and report to you on my eating.
For the rest of the month my intention is to quit on sugar and refined flour. What is your goal?

Sully1961
05-18-2014, 08:06 AM
It is great to see you all support each other during difficult times. I have been following the IP protocol and while I have yet to have a binge day or "cheat" I know that it could happen at any moment of fatigue, stress, or other vulnerable feeling. I am trying to learn to care for myself in others ways than with food. For me, I think childhood traumas and the loss of my mother at an early age contributed to my turning to food for comfort. After years of using food for love, and interested enough for punishment too, I am working in learning to find other ways to care for myself.
It is good to know there are other folks sharing my struggles and that there is a place to turn for support if and more likely when those moments of vulnerability strike. Keep up all the good work :-)

inglesita64
05-18-2014, 09:32 PM
I suppose we have all been turning to food for love. I did that for more than thirty five years till I could stop and try to look for real love. discovered it was not that nobody loved me, but rather that I could not accept the love I was offered. Now things are so different! I appreciate the love my friends give me, my kids --all grown up now-- are caring with me, and I have found a guy who has fallen for me and I for him. We are great together. He's 45, and I am 49. I tell you this because for many years I thought this moment would never arrive, and here it is. Get ready to love and be loved, people, because sooner or later loneliness will get to an end. You have to be ready, that is all. Getting ready included, in my case, losing 30 pounds. Don't give up!

CAPECODWOMAN
05-24-2014, 09:11 AM
I WANNA BE A BUDDY TOO! I am so happy to see some more petite girls close to my weight! I can completely relate to every one of your posts!!! So happy I stumbled upon this thread!

I am no stranger to the self sabotage and wanting to binge when I have just hit my goal for the week or month! I LITTERALLY have an argument with myself sometimes. LOL. I tell myself "you should not eat this!" meanwhile scooping it into my bowl saying "but you've been sooo good, one little cheat won't hurt!" knowing IT DOES!

My scale has hardly budged in the last month, so frustrating but I keep reminding myself that there is no quick fix. It sometimes helps to pull out an old pair of jeans and try them on. I have some jeans that look like clown pants, they won't even stay up on their own!

Keep up the good work ladies!