Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #1  

Wink Need some motivation

Hello!
I am a 39 years old mum of 2 teenagers. I have tried all the possible diets you can think of and struggle to lose those 20 pounds.
I am not into exercise and this doesn't help. I diet 3 days and binge the 4th one.
Need some advises as those pounds are making my life a nightmare: I snore and my doc told me that I need to lose the weight to solve the problem. My husband has been sleeping in the guest bedroom for over a year now and I seriously need to find a definitive solution to melt the pounds.

Thanks for your support
Ana39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I personally do not find losing weight difficult when i can hit the go button at the right time. I have had several false starts but this time was the right time.

I can tell you what i do and how it works but if you are not ready, it probably won't work.

Using the calculator at my fitness pal, i said i wanted to lose half a pound a week and i did no exercise, thus i chose a sedentary lifestyle.

With my weight at the time, that got me 1650 calories per day. I ate accordingly until my weight dropped to a certain point and then i lowered it some more to 1400 per day. I think i lost 20 pounds with 1650.

You may be binging because you are cutting your calories too low. And or you may be binging because you are still eating high calorie foods and therefore getting too hungry. If you eat low calorie foods at a high level you can minimise how hungry you get.

But if you have a mood issue still/low seratonin levels you might still want to break your regime.

It takes a lot of mental commitment to stick to your diet. So when you decide to start, you have to minimise the dangers.

I don't eat sweets at all. I eat three meals a day. Lunch and breakfast fairly close tighter. I have something usually a glass of wine about 5pm but sometimes fruit salad. And dinner around 6pm. NOhting after if i can help it.

I drink coffee with milk all day. No sugar.

I don't drink any soda drinks. You should avoid all take ways, high calorie low satiety foods. Eat whole foods as much possible because these are the best value for dieters - the most nutritious for calories.

Eat some protein at every meal.

My breakfast lately has been mostly
1 fried egg on whole grain toast with a little butter using 1tsp olive oil to fry
1/2 cup of natural yogurt (no added fat)
1/2 cup of stewed rhubarb or an apple or pear into the yoghurt.

Lunch
I have a range of things i will eat
a bean salad. See my blog for recipes
or a sardine sandwich on wholegrain plus fruit if more hungry

Dinner
could be pasta with tomato sauce, vegetables and a bit of cheese
or something else with protein and lots of vegies.

I try to at 2.5 cups of vegetables a day.
2 pieces of fruit
about 2 cups of dairy.

I eat a few nuts and seeds not too many. I don't eat much meat but a seafood a few times a week. I'm doing that because i try to vegetarian.

So quit all the sugars and silly fats. And make your food nutritious and tasty with a little bit of strong flavours see my blog.

Last edited by Pattience; 03-31-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 AM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Hi there. If you find yourself binging after 3 days you may be trying to take on too much at once. You don't give your stats so I don't know how much you have to lose. When I started, with more than 100 pounds to lose, I didn't have to restrict too drastically to start to see results - the body is very forgiving, at high weights. I only had to "not be a pig" and I was able to start losing. From there I was able to impose more restrictions as I needed to. Even when I first started counting calories I was eating 1800 calories a day and losing.

This may not resonate for you, since I don't know where you are at or what you are trying, but I hope it's a helpful thought. Don't try to lose all the weight in two weeks. Make less restrictive changes to start, allow yourself to get used to them, and make more changes from there.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #4  
banned

Hi Anna.

You're doctor is right. But I would really suggest you enroll yourself to a health and diet program. You need a coach. I can plainly attest to this because I have seen people from our program who share the same sentiments.
free529 is offline   Reply With Quote