Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 06:46 AM
:goldpot: :cupgold: :luck2you: :patrick:

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

vachinyc
03-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Good morning! Another day...another snowstorm. Unreal. About 7" -- which is a lot for the DC Metro. Working from home...again. (I don't mind not commuting for sure)

IP POWER to you and Happy St Patrick's Day - a day to celebrate eating your green veggies :)

65X65
03-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Good morning! Another day...another snowstorm. Unreal. About 7" -- which is a lot for the DC Metro. Working from home...again. (I don't mind not commuting for sure)

IP POWER to you and Happy St Patrick's Day - a day to celebrate eating your green veggies :)

Ughhhh...ditto on this snowy mess..we are a little further north...and are looking at about 5... But it's still snowing. We still had snow from the last winter drop.

Not sure we will ever be going to see green! I made a dozen very DARK GREEN St Patty's cards for family this year. The color was just the thing.......
"May the road rise up ....." To you fellow IPers...in honor of my mother.
:snowball::drinkup::drinkup::goldpot: The first with out her.
Rainbows and the best to all.....

trinny
03-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Sorry for your loss, 65 x 65. The first year has so many difficult milestones.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Lots of good NSVs for me. 10 weeks on plan today, and I think the ball is really rolling for me now; I see improvement in how my clothes fit everyday. I had someone notice that I've lost weight, which felt so great. A few other compliments about hair/clothes, which I'm interpreting as people just noticing that there's something different about my appearance.

Attended a couple of social events that made being 100% difficult, but I stayed close enough that I'm satisfied and can call the weekend a success. Had a fantastic antipasto tray at a bridal shower, so I loaded up on delicious grilled veggies there, as well as frutti di mare, the broth of which, I'm sure wasn't 100%, but I successfully resisted the lasagna, eggplant parm, and fresh gingerbread, so I'll consider it a victory!

Happy Saint Pats to all!

1LittleStar
03-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Good morning to all! It's a great day, day 2 for me back on P1. Stocked up on great veggies and protein yesterday, so I'm ready to go. My first challenge is a business trip starting tomorrow for 3 days. But I am prepared and know what to do to stay OP. A bit worried about the headaches, but have to go through it to get to ketosis.

PurpleMomster, I need to research the different fitbits. Not sure I would like a wrist one, I'm not a watch wearer.

Glad you were able to take a break when needed and that you had a great vacation. I am using alternatives from Nashua Nutrition (proti-thin so far) and it seems quite comparable. I have a mailbox in the U.S., so that makes it much easier. I also have some left over stuff from IP and will miss the cereal and potato. I might go back to my clinic after a while. I did quite like it there, I'll see how it goes.

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Good morning!

Sorry for all you getting more snow - we're just having rain, lots and lots of rain. I'm ready for Spring to really hit and give us sunshine at least part of the time.

65 - thinking of you as you go through this first year. It's hard, I know.

Trinny - congrats on people starting to notice, isn't it fun? I got a lot of "did you change your hair?" comments when I started losing. Not so much now since it's rather obvious I have lost weight - I do get the occasional "have you lost weight?" Uh, yeah, maybe a pound or two.

Have a great day all!

sunflwr816
03-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Morning all and Happy St. Pat's!! :drinkup::luck2you::cupgold::kissluck:

Just popping in to say that Nashua Nutrition is having a $15 off any orders over $150 with the code "CLOVER". Hope everyone has a great OP day!

drd1961
03-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Some interesting articles from cathe.com.

http://cathe.com/good-fats-versus-bad-fats-the-problem-with-vegetable-oils
http://cathe.com/5-surprising-facts-about-your-blood-pressure

schenectady
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Ughhhh...ditto on this snowy mess..we are a little further north...and are looking at about 5... But it's still snowing. We still had snow from the last winter drop.

Not sure we will ever be going to see green! I made a dozen very DARK GREEN St Patty's cards for family this year. The color was just the thing.......
"May the road rise up ....." To you fellow IPers...in honor of my mother.
:snowball::drinkup::drinkup::goldpot: The first with out her.
Rainbows and the best to all.....

I love the idea of the very dark green cards - how funny!

Hugs to you thinking of your mother. It is so hard the first year when each special day is the 1st time without a loved one. Sometimes it was so hard because my mind slipped and I forgot I did not have her and almost picked up the telephone to call her. Those hurt. Know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Rubygirl
03-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy Paddy's Day!! :)
I hope everyone had a great weekend......I sure did and I am down another 1.5 lbs. Yippee//////new numbers.

Favorite quote: "Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." Mark Twain

schenectady
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Yesterday I felt so excited that I have lost enough weight that planning for new clothes is called for. I had gotten down to the size 16's I had bought but I was aware they were not going to fit much longer. But because we are in the midst of a move, I was going to wait.

As I parked the car in front of my best thrift store last night to drop off donations (more packing for moving!) I heard an announcement through the open door that announced starting at 7PM, all clothes would be 60% off!

Serendipity because it was well after 7PM by the time I was ready to pay. For $33 I got 2 pairs of designer jeans, 1 pair stretch dress slacks, an adorable kicky pleated front jeans skirt, 6 knit tops, a sheath dress, and a purse. I am wearing the skirt today and feel young and flirty. Time to take DH out to lunch, I think.

Virtue is its own reward? Thank goodness I am only 1/2 a mile from one of the best thrift stores around - too bad I am moving but that is a journey I will happily make!

jendilly
03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Happy Monday to all! Here I am again...regretting some VERY poor choices again. I hate that I'm going through this, but the support here has been wonderful. Yep...cheated again yesterday. My daughter had a surprise birthday party for her boyfriend yesterday. A handful of peanut m&ms here, and few bites of cake there, a big handful of chips there...just kept picking at stuff. WHY?!?!?! Why do I do this to myself? I was so good for the first 10 weeks on IP, never once snuck a bite of anything. Yet now, I feel like every few days, I'm grabbing something I shouldn't and then somehow justifying it with "well it wasn't just a couple bites, not a huge cheat." ANY cheat is a huge cheat, because it leads to more little bites that all add up. I'm so darn frustrated with myself right now. I'm sure I went out of ketosis and now will have to get back in...just like I did last week. SOOOO mad. I know that I need to be 100% to truly succeed. I know that that is the only way (obviously I can't handle even being 99%). I know what needs to be done, now I need to have the solid will power and strength to make that happen again.

On the plus side, my fitbit is keeping me motivated to move. I did over 5000 steps the last two days. No rain today, just sunny blue skies, so I think I'll get back out and get motivated.

I'm going to dive into my Made to Crave 60 Day Devotional and get some inspiration there. I caught up on my Ideal Protein videos that get sent to me everyday...hadn't watched them in a week. I will fight through the battles of the cheats. Got rid of all the leftover candy and chips in the house to rid me of the temptations.

Could use any positive energy you could send my way. Going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and move forward.

ReenHag
03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Yesterday I felt so excited that I have lost enough weight that planning for new clothes is called for. I had gotten down to the size 16's I had bought but I was aware they were not going to fit much longer. But because we are in the midst of a move, I was going to wait.

As I parked the car in front of my best thrift store last night to drop off donations (more packing for moving!) I heard an announcement through the open door that announced starting at 7PM, all clothes would be 60% off!

Serendipity because it was well after 7PM by the time I was ready to pay. For $33 I got 2 pairs of designer jeans, 1 pair stretch dress slacks, an adorable kicky pleated front jeans skirt, 6 knit tops, a sheath dress, and a purse. I am wearing the skirt today and feel young and flirty. Time to take DH out to lunch, I think.

Virtue is its own reward? Thank goodness I am only 1/2 a mile from one of the best thrift stores around - too bad I am moving but that is a journey I will happily make!

Awesome!

schenectady
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Happy Monday to all! Here I am again...regretting some VERY poor choices again. SOOOO mad. I know that I need to be 100% to truly succeed. I know that that is the only way (obviously I can't handle even being 99%. I know what needs to be done, now I need to have the solid will power and strength to make that happen again.

Could use any positive energy you could send my way. Going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and move forward.

I think emptying your cupboard of everything, and I mean everything, that is not IP is a good idea - both cathartic and makes your planning choices ones you can follow because there are no goodies. I speak from experience because I have been known to take my granddaughter's Nerds and Skittles, neither of which I like!

I wish I had the magic answer, but perhaps it is a bit different for each one of us. For me what seems to have worked is to just try for ONE perfect day. I tell myself I can do anything for one day, yes? I have self talks reminding myself that I am stronger than that and it is only ONE day. I h=only have to be strong enough for now to tackle this particular moment. When that passes, and it generally does, I go onto the next time I want to cheat and do the same thing.

The repeat the next day and the next and it seems to get easier. This is not an issue that goes away easily but for those who have lost successfully on IP, you are the proof that you can do this. You are not weak, you are capable and strong and this moment, whenever it strikes, it but an instant, and we can all stay strong for an instant?

65X65
03-17-2014, 01:29 PM
I love the idea of the very dark green cards - how funny!

Hugs to you thinking of your mother. It is so hard the first year when each special day is the 1st time without a loved one. Sometimes it was so hard because my mind slipped and I forgot I did not have her and almost picked up the telephone to call her. Those hurt. Know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you and others for your kind thoughts. St. Patty's day was all hers...the family is predominately Italian...so she took a lot of razzing!! St. Patty's day was her day to invoke the leprechauns and magic spells.....and wish Rainbows of Happiness on us all in spite of the teasing she took.
The rainbow snapshot is a real photo I took overlooking the Salt lake City valley years ago...and I have always used it with my sinature in March when ever I can. My mother would have liked this year's card design...and I felt her approval...and the influence of that leprechaun she said was always hanging around when I made the cards!! The inside had the Irish Blessing... which of course she had a zillion copies of all over the house...and we had the verse printed on her memorial mass cards.

ColoradoCarol
03-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Good afternoon all.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I did, but it was too quick and now I am in the middle of another busy, stressful day. But, taking a break eating my lunch and checking out the forum.

I ordered "The Beck Diet Solution" on CD so I can start listening to it during my commute. It will be delivered Thursday. From what I can tell from everyone's posts here, it seems like a good tool/resource and I definitely want to keep the weight off once it is all off.

Carol

sapphire83
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm going for my first ever weigh in, in an hour and a half. Very Excited. Also, I saw a picture in a thread this week about not remembering a binge after 30 mins but remembering the regret 3 hours later. It helped so much this week when things got tough. Thanks to whoever posted that. The post about an Ip'ers friend being in rehab and learning to never take the first sip aka bite for IP was also life changing on my perspective. Thanks again.

Yayalaine
03-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Hey, I have read several comments about watching IP videos. Are those online somewhere?

I do not have much of a "coach." I go into the doctor's office and weigh, then purchase my products for the next week. I think I'm going to check out another source in my area to see if they provide better customer service. This forum has been SO helpful and I have appreciated everything I have learned here, especially since I'm not getting any personal coaching at the doctor's office.

kontesanera
03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
So I had lunch with my team today. I planned around it, ordered a steak and steamed veggies, with the plan to have what I usually have for lunch (IP pack and Veggies) for dinner. I ordered a steak with steamed veggies as there were no appropriate salad options. They gave me so few veggies, nowhere near two cups, that I feel that I am not that full. It will be a long day, I am having my IP snack earlier than usually. At least I can load up on veggies at dinner.

65X65
03-17-2014, 02:43 PM
So I had lunch with my team today. I planned around it, ordered a steak and steamed veggies, with the plan to have what I usually have for lunch (IP pack and Veggies) for dinner. I ordered a steak with steamed veggies as there were no appropriate salad options. They gave me so few veggies, nowhere near two cups, that I feel that I am not that full. It will be a long day, I am having my IP snack earlier than usually. At least I can load up on veggies at dinner.

Good plan...it seems the salads and veggies "out" are often on the chintzy side though in restarurants.

One thing I used to do when I was P1 - 2, was make a point of asking to skip the potatoes and rolls...and ask for double veggies...That rarely brought me TOO much...!! Make a point of telling the waiter...or whoever...my plans were to skip the starches...therefore wanted MORE veggies. So many people don't eat or barely touch veggies...it's scarey! Sometimes it seems they are more like a garnish for everything else. That is why the portions are usually on the light side....so don't be afraid to ask for double! After all...they aren't bring you the potato etc..

kontesanera
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Good plan...it seems the salads and veggies "out" are often on the chintzy side though in restarurants.

One thing I used to do when I was P1 - 2, was make a point of asking to skip the potatoes and rolls...and ask for double veggies...That rarely brought me TOO much...!! Make a point of telling the waiter...or whoever...my plans were to skip the starches...therefore wanted MORE veggies. So many people don't eat or barely touch veggies...it's scarey! Sometimes it seems they are more like a garnish for everything else. That is why the portions are usually on the light side....so don't be afraid to ask for double! After all...they aren't bring you the potato etc..

I will insist on more veggies next time. I spend $20 for that meal! I just had my IP wildberry yogurt and herbal tea and feel much better.

wildirishrose
03-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Had my weigh in today, and I am OFFICIALLY out of the 180s!! I rewarded myself with clothes shopping!!

jendilly
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
I think emptying your cupboard of everything, and I mean everything, that is not IP is a good idea - both cathartic and makes your planning choices ones you can follow because there are no goodies. I speak from experience because I have been known to take my granddaughter's Nerds and Skittles, neither of which I like!

I wish I had the magic answer, but perhaps it is a bit different for each one of us. For me what seems to have worked is to just try for ONE perfect day. I tell myself I can do anything for one day, yes? I have self talks reminding myself that I am stronger than that and it is only ONE day. I h=only have to be strong enough for now to tackle this particular moment. When that passes, and it generally does, I go onto the next time I want to cheat and do the same thing.

The repeat the next day and the next and it seems to get easier. This is not an issue that goes away easily but for those who have lost successfully on IP, you are the proof that you can do this. You are not weak, you are capable and strong and this moment, whenever it strikes, it but an instant, and we can all stay strong for an instant?

Thank you...I truly appreciate the support. I know that I have to set a daily goal for 100% and stick to it. Maybe I'll make myself a "gold star chart" :)

AmberLS
03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Went to weigh in feeling fine this morning and then got hit with some stomach thing, what the heck? I handled the cold fine and stayed OP but I rarely get stomach bugs and when I do it's all crackers and 7up... I just want a big bowl of real chicken noodle soup and crackers.

kontesanera
03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Had my weigh in today, and I am OFFICIALLY out of the 180s!! I rewarded myself with clothes shopping!!

Congrats! :carrot: You need to update your stats.

wildirishrose
03-17-2014, 04:07 PM
How?

Congrats! :carrot: You need to update your stats.

ColoradoCarol
03-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Hey, I have read several comments about watching IP videos. Are those online somewhere?

I do not have much of a "coach." I go into the doctor's office and weigh, then purchase my products for the next week. I think I'm going to check out another source in my area to see if they provide better customer service. This forum has been SO helpful and I have appreciated everything I have learned here, especially since I'm not getting any personal coaching at the doctor's office.

The video links are sent via email by IP corporate website (although it says it is from your clinic). The clinic has to set you up for these videos. The way I understand it, IP corporate use to charge people to get them, but several months ago they decided not to charge. They are a nice tool. I get one every day.

ems70508
03-17-2014, 04:21 PM

my old clinic never did the videos. my new one does and I love them! I'd ask for sure. You're supposed to get them.

Bellamack
03-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Went to weigh in feeling fine this morning and then got hit with some stomach thing, what the heck? I handled the cold fine and stayed OP but I rarely get stomach bugs and when I do it's all crackers and 7up... I just want a big bowl of real chicken noodle soup and crackers.

I have had a stomach "thing" for a week, I never get these things & this is just hanging on. I have had chicken noodle soup and crackers, with ginger ale for the last 4 days. Who cares when you feel like crap. I have to get better, I fly to Florida tomorrow. ugh :(

AmberLS
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
I have had a stomach "thing" for a week, I never get these things & this is just hanging on. I have had chicken noodle soup and crackers, with ginger ale for the last 4 days. Who cares when you feel like crap. I have to get better, I fly to Florida tomorrow. ugh :(

I know it's bad, I just want to eat to feel better, I've been on for 4 whole weeks and have behaved perfectly. That cold wasn't so bad, and I just tried to drink some chicken broth but it's not the same it needs the crackers. I don't hardly ever get stomach things, of course I get upper respiratory crud all the time.

AmberLS
03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
This is not shaping up to be my month, March usually just isn't lol I've tried to tell myself that it a self fulfilling prophecy thing and think more positively but sheesh.

Runner68girl
03-17-2014, 04:56 PM
I've had a rough 2 weeks - fell off the plan, had a birthday and couldn't get back on track. Part of the reason I fell off the plan was due to gaining after 4 weeks on the program. I'm not purchasing the IP food - just doing the alternatives. My friend is doing the plan so I get some good advice and tips from her. It is hard not to compare yourself with other people who are doing so well. I know I have to take in to consideration post meno, HRT and low thyroid so I will try to be kind to myself and move forward. Today is a new day and I'm feeling so tired - kind of like the first week on IP. Truly you do sabotage yourself when you go off the plan as it takes time to get back in to Ketosis. Here's to another week and to sticking with it. I just want to see results!!

lotta
03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
So excited that I got to shop in my own closet this morning!

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 05:25 PM
trinny -way to go on all the NSVs! I know I feel an NSV is more motivating than the number on the scale, and there are so many more opportunities for them too!

1LittleStar -you certainly sound prepared! I'm sure it will all go according to plan :D

Rubygirl Yippee!

schenectady -how exciting! You certainly seemed to score big time there. Can't wait until I can start replacing my clothes. I'm looking forward to getting to the point where clothes shopping is an enjoyable process.

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM
On the plus side, my fitbit is keeping me motivated to move. I did over 5000 steps the last two days. No rain today, just sunny blue skies, so I think I'll get back out and get motivated.....

Sending energy your way! I'm glad you are being motivated to move -I am thinking about getting a fitbit myself :)

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM

Hooray! I had basically the same meal the other night when I went out to eat for the 1st time. I had them hold the potato & give me extra veg :)

Fantastic reward!

I've had a rough 2 weeks - fell off the plan, had a birthday and couldn't get back on track. Part of the reason I fell off the plan was due to gaining after 4 weeks on the program. I'm not purchasing the IP food - just doing the alternatives. My friend is doing the plan so I get some good advice and tips from her. It is hard not to compare yourself with other people who are doing so well. I know I have to take in to consideration post meno, HRT and low thyroid so I will try to be kind to myself and move forward. Today is a new day and I'm feeling so tired - kind of like the first week on IP. Truly you do sabotage yourself when you go off the plan as it takes time to get back in to Ketosis. Here's to another week and to sticking with it. I just want to see results!!

Hang in there! I managed to sabotage myself on every diet I tried prior to this, and I am terrified that I won't be strong enough when I finally face a big temptation. We can do this!

So excited that I got to shop in my own closet this morning!

Awesome!

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Erin go Bragh!

So busy today -I was exhausted by the time I sent my students home. Then I realized I hadn't consumed much water during the day. It makes me wonder how much of my fatigue prior to IP was caused by not drinking enough water?

But I am finally at home, playing catch up with my water bottle. Also kicking myself for not having planned corned beef & cabbage for this evening :p

I have FOUR days until my spring break -the excitement is mounting!

wildirishrose
03-17-2014, 06:09 PM
I see a lot of posts that mention going off the plan for a day and talking to your coach about it. At the center I go to they have a rule that if you cheat you are kicked off the program, has anyone heard of this? Just wondering if that should be a red flag or a good thing?

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 06:13 PM
I see a lot of posts that mention going off the plan for a day and talking to your coach about it. At the center I go to they have a rule that if you cheat you are kicked off the program, has anyone heard of this? Just wondering if that should be a red flag or a good thing?

A lot Of centers have strict rules about cheating.
And there is a whole thread of non cheaters (100%) that was started precisely b/c of all the talk of going off plan (the thread existed way before I showed up!). Some people wanted to focus on how to stay ON plan.

sapphire83
03-17-2014, 06:18 PM
I had my first weigh in on ideal protein and I lost 5 lbs. I am out of the 180's forever. :D

Runner68girl
03-17-2014, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=TurtleMom;4965187]

Hang in there! I managed to sabotage myself on every diet I tried prior to this, and I am terrified that I won't be strong enough when I finally face a big temptation. We can do this!

THANK YOU!!!! We CAN do this!! ;)

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 06:20 PM
:yay: Sapphire, :woohoo:

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Am I wrong, I thought my coach said no corned beef?

TurtleMom
03-17-2014, 06:27 PM

LOL If there is to be no corned beef on Phase 1, then I will stop kicking myself for not fixing it!

sunflwr816
03-17-2014, 06:30 PM
I had my first weigh in on ideal protein and I lost 5 lbs. I am out of the 180's forever. :D

Congrats!!! :carrot::carrot:

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 06:34 PM

Girl, there's a recipe for EVERYTHING!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7313/13229551045_7fcc21cdb0.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/13229551045/)

ssubert
03-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Down by almost 3 pounds at the WI today.
Stayed OP all week and saw results. Go figure...

Starting P2. Coach would rather I get to 155 but I need (make that NEED) to phase off. She's supportive. I have a good one!!

I weigh 168 on home scales and want to get between 160-165.
Then I want to keep it off this time.

I'll still be officially "overweight" but for me at my age, it feels right.

Anyone else have crepe old lady skin?

ChipnDip
03-17-2014, 07:06 PM

I understand a clinic wanting us to understand the negative effects of a cheat on this diet but seriously? We are paying customers. A cheat sets us back. It would on,y make me lie in my journal and to them if I didn't lose and then they wouldn't be able to coach me about my mistakes. I do understand if they were to say you are off program if you drink alcohol because there is higher risk and should someone get really sick it could look bad on the program.

Maybe that is their argument for cheating too? Your lack of weight loss will make their stats look bad!!

karkrazy13
03-17-2014, 07:11 PM
I have been doing IP (using alternatives) for 3 weeks, and I have lost 10 lbs so far. I did a lot of reading & research on this site before I started. I thought this was a great forum for moral support, and I think I should be able to post my opinions and ideas freely like everyone else.

Recently, however, I feel like one member is attacking everything I post. It's really frustrating, because it makes me not want to keep being a member on here. :(

Has anyone else felt like another member was responding negatively to everything you posted? I am just wondering if it's something personal against me... although I don't know what I ever did to deserve the treatment I'm receiving.

Just had to vent a little...

drd1961
03-17-2014, 07:13 PM
After watching the TV spot I do think the camera adds pounds. The hosts are teeny tiny, but do not look that way on TV. I looked heavier than the still shot I took, although not terrible(I am wearing size 3 pants and the host had to be a 0). I look at that and think how terribly thin the biggest loser girl must have been since the camera adds weight.

ChipnDip
03-17-2014, 07:16 PM
I haven't noticed that happening in any of the threads I have been reading. I think you need to respond to the person directly so they know.

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Lisa, funny thing is- the center with the recipe, is in the town that I teach in, lol!

Sherry090485
03-17-2014, 07:22 PM
How many hours apart is everyone eating? Typically I eat breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 12, snack at 4, then dinner around 7. Debating on whether it would be beneficial to alternate my dinner and snack times to stay exactly on how IP protocol is laid out (with having dinner b4 your snack)...thoughts?

ssdlturtle
03-17-2014, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Rubygirl;4964975]Good morning everyone. Happy Paddy's Day!! :)
I hope everyone had a great weekend......I sure did and I am down another 1.5 lbs. Yippee//////new numbers.

Great job it is so nice to see the new numbers.

65x65 - 1st year hardest as people are saying, My MoM has been gone 10 years as miss her a lot, was my best friend. So thoughts are with you.

Wildirishrose- Great Job, can't wait to get there.

karkrazy13
03-17-2014, 07:24 PM
I haven't noticed that happening in any of the threads I have been reading. I think you need to respond to the person directly so they know.

Yes, you're probably right... I just didn't expect to experience this kind of thing on this forum... everyone else has been extremely helpful and supportive though!

sapphire83
03-17-2014, 07:32 PM
:yay: Sapphire, :woohoo:

Thanks!

sapphire83
03-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Congrats!!! :carrot::carrot:

Thanks!

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 07:34 PM
:bravo:
Down by almost 3 pounds at the WI today.

Starting P2. Coach would rather I get to 155 but I need (make that NEED) to phase off. She's supportive. I have a good one!!

I weigh 168 on home scales and want to get between 160-165.
Then I want to keep it off this time.

I'll still be officially "overweight" but for me at my age, it feels right.

Anyone else have crepe old lady skin?
There's an over 50 thread where you'll probably get lots of understanding on the skin!
So great to have a supportive coach!
Congrats

catlady1981
03-17-2014, 07:34 PM

[QUOTE=ssubert;4965232]Down by almost 3 pounds at the WI today.

Congrats to both of you! Happy St. Patrick's day everybody!

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Congrats Catlady! Way to stay strong and get results.

jendilly
03-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Yes, you're probably right... I just didn't expect to experience this kind of thing on this forum... everyone else has been extremely helpful and supportive though!

Been there and know exactly how you feel. :hug: Most people are very supportive and helpful, so please don't let one person make you feel unwelcome. I know I always appreciate all the positive vibes and words I receive from several members.

tilaf
03-17-2014, 09:06 PM
First weigh in today:carrot: I am down 6 lbs and 6 inches overall. So far I am enjoying the plan. There are some items that I like, some I don't. I would image it will take a while until I try everything to see what I like and don't like. I am finding it quite easy so far to follow the plan 100%. I hope I can keep it up!

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 09:09 PM
First weigh in today:carrot: I am down 6 lbs and 6 inches overall. So far I am enjoying the plan. There are some items that I like, some I don't. I would image it will take a while until I try everything to see what I like and don't like. I am finding it quite easy so far to follow the plan 100%. I hope I can keep it up!

You can! It's a short time out of your life to make great changes for the better. Congrats on your success so far!

tilaf
03-17-2014, 09:10 PM

Congrats!! I also had my first weigh in today.. down 6 lbs:carrot:ya us!! and everyone else!

Fearciuil
03-17-2014, 09:15 PM

:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :cb:

karkrazy13
03-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Been there and know exactly how you feel. :hug: Most people are very supportive and helpful, so please don't let one person make you feel unwelcome. I know I always appreciate all the positive vibes and words I receive from several members.

It's nice to know someone else knows how I feel :) And you're right, most people on here are very supportive, so I'm not going to let that one member keep me from enjoying the forum :)

:hug: to you too!

Fearciuil
03-17-2014, 09:19 PM

:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :cb:

karkrazy13
03-17-2014, 09:24 PM

:congrat: That's awesome!

Fearciuil
03-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Oh-kay ... the cat is trying to steal my White Cheddar Ridges. :dizzy:

Ruth Ann
03-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Wow - lots of great losses today! Congrats to all!

karkrazy13 - of course you are free to express your opinions here. The problem with sites like this is you can't always interpret the tone of what's being said. So what you may take as a negative may actually be someone trying to impart their knowledge and make sure you do the best you can on IP.

I always assume someone is posting with the best of intentions and wants to be supportive and helpful. And so far I've been right in assuming that.

JLUS
03-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Wow - lots of great losses today! Congrats to all!

karkrazy13 - of course you are free to express your opinions here. The problem with sites like this is you can't always interpret the tone of what's being said. So what you may take as a negative may actually be someone trying to impart their knowledge and make sure you do the best you can on IP.

I always assume someone is posting with the best of intentions and wants to be supportive and helpful. And so far I've been right in assuming that.

I TOTALLY AGREE... So hard to read the true intent! I too assume people are sharing their knowledge and in sights and it's up to me to evaluate them and integrate them into my knowledge-base as best I can.

Sometimes we hope to hear one thing and the response ends up taking us in another direction... But every but of info helps us learn!

HulaChic
03-17-2014, 11:07 PM

Yea!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Keep it up!!!

Fearciuil
03-18-2014, 12:09 AM
I almost forgot my NSV today: I'm comfortably wearing my belt 1 notch tighter. :D