Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-10-2014, 06:06 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

drd1961
03-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Good morning! It is going to be a beautiful day in central Illinois!
Work-outs are sure easier on P3!

ReenHag
03-10-2014, 06:43 AM
A quote from late yesterday:
"Also, I see some fellow teachers here ... how do you manage balancing the water input/output thing? I don't have pee breaks except before school, lunch, and after school. :\ The first day on IP was quite a challenge, just for that!"

Hi! I am in a lucky position at school, as I am about twenty feet from the teacher restroom. Another teacher or staff member is usually handy to keep an eye on my class for a moment. See if you can set up a situation like that. Explain to your admin that you are on a health program that requires you to use the restroom more often. Oh, and you do get used to it, at least I did. Let's just say my capacity is much greater than before IP!

Renee

TurtleMom
03-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Good Morning!

I still have some work to do to figure out quoting, but many thanks for the warm welcomes on the weekend chat yesterday!

Regarding teachers and water intake: I am lucky that I have an assistant with me in the mornings, so I can usually pop out as needed. When I am on my own, I ask the teacher next door for help keeping an eye on my kids. She is always willing to do so as she is the one who got me interested in IP :dizzy:

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here doing IP and dealing with Fibro?

"Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it." ~Author Unknown <-- Let's get to work!

shrinkingsusie
03-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

mylastdiet
03-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Good Morning everyone!
I have not been here in quite some time. Without going into much detail, I have been taking care of a lot of people and things, and neglecting myself. Sometimes things happen that require your undivided attention as well as an enormous amount of emotional energy. But, I'm back and started IP again, and looking forward to feeling better.
This time I am using strictly alternatives (unless I can find a local vender who will sell products as a store-front). I have time to devote to ME, but not time to devote to weekly weigh-ins with semi-attentive coaches, providing personal opinions rather than true program guidance.
I was lurking on the boards this weekend, and saw quite a few familiar names, as well as several new ones.
So, raising my glass of chocolateEAS-spinach-shake, saying "cheers" and "here's to a great week!"

catlady1981
03-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

I made lisa32989's Chocolate zucchini muffins yesterday. They were delish. The mixture was very thick so I added a couple of TBSP of extra water and they came out really well. And they are so filling.

greenlillybeth
03-10-2014, 10:00 AM
I am three pounds from being in onederland!!!!!! I just hit my second month on the diet two days ago and i am three pounds shy of thirty six pounds lost. Days like this on IP are great!!!!

Narae
03-10-2014, 10:11 AM
I am three pounds from being in onederland!!!!!! I just hit my second month on the diet two days ago and i am three pounds shy of thirty six pounds lost. Days like this on IP are great!!!!

Happy Monday to everybody!

Hiker88
03-10-2014, 10:11 AM

Awe.... Onderland... will be watching to see when you reach it! Good motivation to stay OP!! Its probably my most exciting goal I've reached so far... love seeing that one!!

GoneNatural
03-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Good Morning,

Down -3.6 pounds. The weekends are very challenging, I tend to cheat but I try to stay OP as much as possible. I didn't make it to the 80's but Im sure I will this week if remain OP. I'm trying not to get to settled with this small weight loss. I got in some pants today that I only wore once because the strangled by gut in the past.

:woohoo:

kontesanera
03-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Yesterday there was quite a bit of discussion about alcohol on IP. I am not endorsing the use of alcohol in any way, but if you are tempted, please think twice before mixing your liquor with diet soda. Diet soda makes alcohol a lot more potent. If you must have a drink, have a wine spritzer or a light beer instead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/diet-soda-potent-alcohol-mixer/story?id=18411329

ems70508
03-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Morning. Tough weekend. Not sure why. I didn't have a desire to go back to my old eating habits at all but I did feel like I overate. More protein than necessary. Extra packets. I just felt bottomless. Very strange feeling. I woke up this AM exhausted. Not sure if it's time change or my body working hard to process more than normal. Definitely something I don't want to feel again.

sunflwr816
03-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Good Morning everyone!

So, raising my glass of chocolateEAS-spinach-shake, saying "cheers" and "here's to a great week!"

Welcome back!!

So my NSV of the weekend was our wedding cake tasting yesterday. We brought both my parents and my future MIL with us and the 3 of them and FI sampled each type while I drank my water with Mio. I didn't really feel deprived because I'm not a huge cake person and I know how bad I would feel physically/mentally if I broke ketosis over some cake. They ended up choosing 4 flavors: white chocolate raspberry, dulche de leche, chocolate with chocolate mousse and strawberry key lime. I'm looking forward to enjoying my slice in August once I've hit goal ;)

ems70508
03-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Welcome back!!

So my NSV of the weekend was our wedding cake tasting yesterday. We brought both my parents and my future MIL with us and the 3 of them and FI sampled each type while I drank my water with Mio. I didn't really feel deprived because I'm not a huge cake person and I know how bad I would feel physically/mentally if I broke ketosis over some cake. They ended up choosing 4 flavors: white chocolate raspberry, dulche de leche, chocolate with chocolate mousse and strawberry key lime. I'm looking forward to enjoying my slice in August once I've hit goal ;)

Congrats! It's such a great feeling to say no to temptation. But really, it doesn't sound like too much of a temptation for you! Sweets are my enemy...so I say kudos to you! Your wedding day sure is going to be special! ;) so many accomplishments!

sunflwr816
03-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Congrats! It's such a great feeling to say no to temptation. But really, it doesn't sound like too much of a temptation for you! Sweets are my enemy...so I say kudos to you! Your wedding day sure is going to be special! ;) so many accomplishments!

Oh no, sweet are the enemy for sure, but not so much cake. Don't let me fool you into thinking I wasn't drooling at Brian's bowl of Samoa flavored ice cream last night! :lol:

sarahBell
03-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters! :)

WOW!!! :broc: !! 80 inches is nothing to bat an eyelash at! That is AMAZING and you look Amazing too!

Congrats to you!

sarahBell
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Once upon a snowy da someone posted the chips or crisps from Nashua that are un restricted. I cannot find that post to save my life if anyone knows which ones they are can you please repost it?

MsGracie
03-10-2014, 11:30 AM

That is just incredible!! Congratulations!!

LuvA1exa
03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters!

ShrinkingSusie - Great job!!!!!!

Jenny38
03-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Welcome back mylastdiet, good for you for focusing on you and returning to your health plan. For me, when stuff comes up with family, friends, work....life to often I stop looking after me. I think figuring that out is part of the process.

!

That is an amazing amount of inches lost, way to go. :carrot:

That is awesome greenlillybeth:). I'm hoping to reach onederland this week weigh or next and can't wait!

It feels like spring may be around the corner here, heard the birds this morning and the snow is melting.

Have a great Monday everyone.

catlady1981
03-10-2014, 12:16 PM

Congrats! That's great! :bravo:

AnaBanana11
03-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Once upon a snowy da someone posted the chips or crisps from Nashua that are un restricted. I cannot find that post to save my life if anyone knows which ones they are can you please repost it?

Does this sound familiar?

Proti Thin - BBQ Soy Snacks
Proti Thin - Chili & Lime Soy Puffs
Proti-Thin - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ
ProtiDiet - White Cheddar Crisps

tbc85
03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I found some old medical records this weekend and realized that I have not weighed less than 200lbs since March of 2005!! I am hoping to make it to onederland by the end of the month :) It has been 9 years coming

Hope everyone has a great day

sarahBell
03-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Does this sound familiar?

Proti Thin - BBQ Soy Snacks
Proti Thin - Chili & Lime Soy Puffs
Proti-Thin - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ
ProtiDiet - White Cheddar Crisps

OMG! Yes! Thank you so much!! I could not for the life of me remember. I do not have a center or coach so I can't just go and get them. I would love to order some from Nashua! :hug:

ssubert
03-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I found some old medical records this weekend and realized that I have not weighed less than 200lbs since March of 2005!! I am hoping to make it to onederland by the end of the month :) It has been 9 years coming

Hope everyone has a great day

You are almost there, congrats. :carrot::jig::joker:

dak1lls
03-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Shrinkingsusie: I just had to tell you how great you look! Congrats on your losses. 80 inches is absolutely freaking incredible! Your picture really tells the story. You must be close to hitting goal? I haven't kept up as much as I'd like, and I didn't see any updates on your current weight, etc...But you look like you must be very close.

TXWeightLoser
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
WOW!!! :broc: !! 80 inches is nothing to bat an eyelash at! That is AMAZING and you look Amazing too!

Congrats to you!

Week nine question: During IP you lose:
A. More weight than inches (volume)
B. More inches (volume) than weight.

Answer is B

So I would say your on the right track.

sarahBell
03-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Week nine question: During IP you lose:
A. More weight than inches (volume)
B. More inches (volume) than weight.

Answer is B

So I would say your on the right track.

Is it possible to lose inches faster than pounds? I don't have a coach just this board. Any tips on no grazing that has not been posted yet LOL

shrinkingsusie
03-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Shrinkingsusie: I just had to tell you how great you look! Congrats on your losses. 80 inches is absolutely freaking incredible! Your picture really tells the story. You must be close to hitting goal? I haven't kept up as much as I'd like, and I didn't see any updates on your current weight, etc...But you look like you must be very close.

Thanks :) still need to lose another 19 to get to goal. My weight loss has slowed (no loss two weeks in a row) but I have been losing a lot of inches. The majority of the weight left to come off is from my legs which have always been "bigger" even at my lowest weight, so I think it is just going to take some time. :) really hoping for a loss on the scale this week. Even just 0.2 lol.

murphypuppy
03-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Question: I have had the flu for the past week and have been staying strong with no foods that I am not allowed to have on ideal protein however, most days I have not been able to eat the IP packets. I've been living off of 6 oz chicken breast, chicken broth, water and tea. Have I sabotaged my diet? I have just not had an appetite with this bug!

HulaChic
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Question: I have had the flu for the past week and have been staying strong with no foods that I am not allowed to have on ideal protein however, most days I have not been able to eat the IP packets. I've been living off of 6 oz chicken breast, chicken broth, water and tea. Have I sabotaged my diet? I have just not had an appetite with this bug!

I'm brand new to IP, so no advice here...but wanted to say I hope you get better super soon! I'm sorry you have the flu. It's a harsh flu season this year.

HulaChic
03-10-2014, 07:57 PM

You are doing so fantastic! You have really given me more drive to stick to the program and not give into temptation. I'm only on Day 7 and it's been rough at times, but it keeps getting better.

Pauline

HulaChic
03-10-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm nervous...excited....worried....to go to my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I've stayed 100% OP even with all the ups and downs. I am actually very proud of myself. I realized that over the past few years whenever I have attempted some sort of a diet that I couldn't even make it a whole day. I feel good about IP and wish I had heard of this sooner...like years ago!

shrinkingsusie
03-10-2014, 08:14 PM
You are doing so fantastic! You have really given me more drive to stick to the program and not give into temptation. I'm only on Day 7 and it's been rough at times, but it keeps getting better.

Pauline

Ideal protein really works! Stick with it and you will do awesome. :) good luck at your weigh in tomorrow!!

TurtleMom
03-10-2014, 08:17 PM

That is totally amazing -GO YOU!!!

ssdlturtle
03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm nervous...excited....worried....to go to my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I've stayed 100% OP even with all the ups and downs. I am actually very proud of myself. I realized that over the past few years whenever I have attempted some sort of a diet that I couldn't even make it a whole day. I feel good about IP and wish I had heard of this sooner...like years ago!

Just keep it up you will be amazed by the weight and inches that come off, I was the same way about with attempting diets- wish I had heard of IP before.

Shrinking Susie- you are so motivating:)

TurtleMom
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM

I know what you mean! I am completely STUNNED that I have made it so far & wished I had known of this ages ago as well. Oh well, no time like the present so let's send this fat flying off once & for all!

Good luck tomorrow:)

vachinyc
03-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Wow! That is so awesome! Congrats!:cp:

Hawkeye2
03-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Question about IP soy nuts, why are they listed as restricted? For 30g - cal 140, fat 7g, carbs 9g but fibre 4g, thus net carbs is 5g, and protein 11g.

Thanks

Fearciuil
03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
ReenHag and TurtleMom, thanks for the replies! I think I'm adjusting: I never felt like I had to run to the restroom today, and I drank 24 oz of water just during my morning classes. Last week was tough, though.

NSVs today: I put my pants on this morning, and they fastened without my having to fight with them! And when I bent over to touch my toes this afternoon--right after lunch at that; kindergarten and 1st grade both had "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes" as part of the lesson--I could do it, easily, and still breathe! I'm looking forward to my first WI on Thursday!

lisa32989
03-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Question about IP soy nuts, why are they listed as restricted? For 30g - cal 140, fat 7g, carbs 9g but fibre 4g, thus net carbs is 5g, and protein 11g.

Thanks
I don't have a nutrition label for them.
Perhaps fat content?

Calories from fat is 63 (7g x 9 cals per gram)
This is more than 30% fat

Hawkeye2
03-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks!

Jethrohotfox
03-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Does anyone else find It hard to get through that much meat, vegetables AND space packs in one day?? Has anyone ever been given permission to reduce amnt. Of packets or meat portions?

Hiker88
03-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Does anyone else find It hard to get through that much meat, vegetables AND space packs in one day?? Has anyone ever been given permission to reduce amnt. Of packets or meat portions?

LOL, I have no problem what-so-ever!! But I do space the food out throughout the day.

I use the chocolate shake in my morning coffee for a nice mocha/breakfast, morning snack is usually my restricted with tea at my desk, I've always done half my meat and vegis at lunch and the other half at supper. If I'm feeling quite full after supper I just have a jello before 8pm but other times if I'm hungry I have something a little more filling. Love the new S&V chips!

You will get used to all those vegis... two cups of mushrooms sauteed doesn't look like as much after they've cooked! Hope you get used to the plan soon!

lisa32989
03-10-2014, 11:52 PM

It is less than 1000 cals. Hardly a lot of food. But quite a change for many people not used to eating an appropriate amt of veggies

Jethrohotfox
03-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Thanks, Hikers88! I need to buy more food tomorrow. I ll maybe stick with the jello after all! I just find a snack after supper is too much, but jello goes down easy :-) have u had the mushroom soup by chance?

Hiker88
03-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks, Hikers88! I need to buy more food tomorrow. I ll maybe stick with the jello after all! I just find a snack after supper is too much, but jello goes down easy :-) have u had the mushroom soup by chance?

I bought a ton of soup when I started and as it turns out I really hate just about all of them! I have a sweet coach who let me trade them in on some other things but I encourage you to try lots of things because everyone is so different in their taste... most seem to find their favorites and stick with them... which I kind of do... I try to have a variety on hand at all times in case I feel like something different.... and pickles... always have giant pickles in my fridge... if you ever do get hungry you'll be thankful for a pickle to get you through!!

lisa32989
03-11-2014, 07:48 AM
The soups (mostly mushroom & cream of chicken) were my go-to workday lunches for my first 6 months OP. I puréed veggies to add (didn't much care for the soups plain). Took it all in a thermos b/c I don't always have microwave access (I travel). I quit the soups when I quit soy but they served me well for months!

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 07:55 AM

Try the pina colada, orange, etc. drinks too - they go down pretty easy and are pretty light. I find using ice cold water or pouring them into a frozen pounder to drink really helps too.

shrinkingsusie
03-11-2014, 08:40 AM
I made vanilla protein muffins last night. Will let you all know how they turned out after breakfast :) I have been dreaming about them all night.

ems70508
03-11-2014, 09:14 AM
I made vanilla protein muffins last night. Will let you all know how they turned out after breakfast :) I have been dreaming about them all night.

ha! I find myself dreaming of things as well. oh, the little things. For breakfast lately i've been eating the IP Maple Oatmeal. I add different flavors to it and love it! This AM was cinnamon and nutmeg. Tasted like fall. I tried making plain muffins out of them too, but they were a bit dry. I think the oatmeal needs the moisture of the zucchini to make a good muffin. Unless I should add an entire egg instead of just the white? Anyone have experience in the oatmeal muffin department?

I'm going to explore the recipe thread for something that may work.

sunflwr816
03-11-2014, 09:16 AM
I've been noticing in the last week or so that I've been more hungry. I've been having two big bowls of romaine at lunch and dinner to take up some stomach space and bumped my water up to 80-84 ox/day. I know I'm getting at least 4c of veggies a day and my oil, salt and supplements. Has anyone else experienced increased hunger ~1month into IP?

lgg64
03-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Good Morning All... Question.... What is the issue with green/wax beans being on the Occasional Veggie List - Yet, turnips, which seem so much more "carbby" than beans are not. I'm not complaining because I love turnips but this seems odd to me and I would love to learn the logic behind the green bean 'snub'.... because I love them too.... :)

sunflwr816
03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
I had to come here and thank everyone for their well wishes and good luck for my interview a few weeks back. They offered me the job this morning!!!!!!! :D:D:D

danilynn
03-11-2014, 10:03 AM
I had to come here and thank everyone for their well wishes and good luck for my interview a few weeks back. They offered me the job this morning!!!!!!! :D:D:D

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrats to you!!!!!

trinny
03-11-2014, 10:21 AM
I've been noticing in the last week or so that I've been more hungry. I've been having two big bowls of romaine at lunch and dinner to take up some stomach space and bumped my water up to 80-84 ox/day. I know I'm getting at least 4c of veggies a day and my oil, salt and supplements. Has anyone else experienced increased hunger ~1month into IP?

I'm 9 weeks in so not quite the same, but I am STARVING this morning. I'm seriously considering eating my lunch, and it's only 10:15. I'm approaching TOM, so I'm chalking the hunger up to that (in addition to the extra pound on the scale this morning).

eandc2006
03-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Trinny...I feel your pain. I am always so much hungrier before TOM. Herbal tea with some splenda has saved my life time and time again.

Hiker88
03-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Trinny...I feel your pain. I am always so much hungrier before TOM. Herbal tea with some splenda has saved my life time and time again.

Yes, tea... lots of tea! Not sure why those hungry days come and then (for me) they disappear and I'm fine for quite awhile again... hang in there!

ems70508
03-11-2014, 10:44 AM
congrats sunflwr!!!! That's so great!

In regards to hunger, it comes and goes for me. I chug lots and lots of tea. Sometimes I throw in a pickle or two.

Does anyone use a fitness monitor like fitbit? looking at purchasing one to motivate/track what I do on a daily basis. What's cool about the fitbit zip is that it syncs with MFP.

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Congrats! That is great!

shrinkingsusie
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM

In regards to hunger, it comes and goes for me. I chug lots and lots of tea. Sometimes I throw in a pickle or two.

Does anyone use a fitness monitor like fitbit? looking at purchasing one to motivate/track what I do on a daily basis. What's cool about the fitbit zip is that it syncs with MFP.

I have been considering getting one, mostly because I'm curious to see how many calories I burn at work, but wish it didn't have to be worn on my wrist.

dlr9774
03-11-2014, 10:59 AM
SUNFLOWER - you got the job - GREAT news!
I made my weekly donation on the scale this morning 1.7lbs. Had some hiccups this week with a children's birthday party, but have learned from it and plan to plan better ahead and prepare for the temptations. Staying OP works best, I feel the best, my gut feels better. Boy can you tell the difference, with the cake I ate it just put me to sleep - no energy. Why do we loss control and put this type of food in our bodies, when the fresh and eating healthy actually makes us feel and preform better. It is the taste of the carb and sugars that give you an instant high.

dlr9774
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM
ANYONE TRY the new chocolate MINT bars from IP. My coach will be ordering in for next week-but looking for some reviews?

MsGracie
03-11-2014, 11:06 AM

Wow - congratulations!! That's fantastic - wish you all the best!!:hug:

Chicnana
03-11-2014, 11:09 AM

I'm just about one month in myself and I found I've been very hungry for the last week or so... I've been craving carbs like crazy as well... :(

BTW: Congrats on the job offer!

lisa32989
03-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Sunflower: Congrats on the new job!

ha! I find myself dreaming of things as well. oh, the little things. For breakfast lately i've been eating the IP Maple Oatmeal. I add different flavors to it and love it! This AM was cinnamon and nutmeg. Tasted like fall. I tried making plain muffins out of them too, but they were a bit dry. I think the oatmeal needs the moisture of the zucchini to make a good muffin. Unless I should add an entire egg instead of just the white? Anyone have experience in the oatmeal muffin department?

I'm going to explore the recipe thread for something that may work.
I've tried them with & without zucchini. The zucchini really helps it be more "breadlike" and adds moisture. I don't even drain my zucchini anymore.

Good Morning All... Question.... What is the issue with green/wax beans being on the Occasional Veggie List - Yet, turnips, which seem so much more "carbby" than beans are not. I'm not complaining because I love turnips but this seems odd to me and I would love to learn the logic behind the green bean 'snub'.... because I love them too.... :)
IP is low carb, low fat, moderate protein, but also an alkalkine diet. Each item is on the list for its own reason. Part of me wonders if green beans are occasional to FORCE us to try other veggies. No matter, the more I follow the rules & not try to outsmart them, the better off I am.

ems70508
03-11-2014, 11:12 AM
I have been considering getting one, mostly because I'm curious to see how many calories I burn at work, but wish it didn't have to be worn on my wrist.

You don't have to wear it on your wrist! They have one called the ZIP. http://www.fitbit.com/zip

You can stick on your bra, in your pocket or kind of tuck it behind your belt. I'm really intrigued by this little thing. I wanted to try out the app before I purchased the fitbit but my phone won't let me download anything right now..it's acting weird.

sunflwr816
03-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone! Lots of great things happening lately over here,including losing on IP! :carrot::carrot:

You don't have to wear it on your wrist! They have one called the ZIP. http://www.fitbit.com/zip

You can stick on your bra, in your pocket or kind of tuck it behind your belt. I'm really intrigued by this little thing. I wanted to try out the app before I purchased the fitbit but my phone won't let me download anything right now..it's acting weird.

I'm intrigued!!

sapphire83
03-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Day 1 here. I did all my prep for the week last night. I separated and bagged everything by day. I just know I'm going to be successful on this plan. Have a great OP day.

lisa32989
03-11-2014, 11:38 AM
sapphire83
The plan works! You'll be successful as long as you plan ahead!

ems70508
03-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Sunflower: Congrats on the new job!

I've tried them with & without zucchini. The zucchini really helps it be more "breadlike" and adds moisture. I don't even drain my zucchini anymore.

I agree-they do keep the moisture. I was looking for something for breakfast tho-I like keeping my veggies for lunch and dinner. Maybe 1 cup at breakfast? I'll give it a shot!

[/QUOTE] IP is low carb, low fat, moderate protein, but also an alkalkine diet. Each item is on the list for its own reason. Part of me wonders if green beans are occasional to FORCE us to try other veggies. No matter, the more I follow the rules & not try to outsmart them, the better off I am.[/QUOTE]

No matter, the more I follow the rules & not try to outsmart them, the better off I am.
love this.

ems70508
03-11-2014, 11:46 AM
sunflowr, I'm going to grab one at Wal Mart over lunch and check this thing out. I read a lot of reviews last night. I talked to a coworker about it this AM and she reminded me that weight watchers has one (around the same price) BUT you have to pay monthly fees. Just an FYI.

Sapphire, welcome! Great idea on pre-chopping. I do that as often as I can and am much more likely to stay motivated!

lisa32989
03-11-2014, 11:54 AM
[quote=ems70508;4961140]I agree-they do keep the moisture. I was looking for something for breakfast tho-I like keeping my veggies for lunch and dinner. Maybe 1 cup at breakfast? I'll give it a shot! [\quote]
I use 1 c (cooked down to .5 c)
Then 1.5 veg at lunch and 1.5 veg at dinner or 2 c. lunch, 1 c. dinner with a big salad.

JenJen444
03-11-2014, 12:26 PM

I got the FitBit Flex for Christmas and absolutely love it. It really motivates me to move more.

Funnily, my dad got my mom one for Christmas and she was a little offended. Now, she's just as obsessed with hers as I am with mine!

PurpleMomster
03-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Just a quick pop-in before I go WI - I got a Fitbit Flex last week and I LOVE IT!!! I love how it tracks my steps and how many calories I burn and it tracks my sleep - I can tell when I've had a bad sleep by how restless I was and how many times I was awake. I also use it as alarm - it has a silent alarm setting and vibrates to wake you.

I use it in conjunction with MFP to track my food and wow, very interesting! I highly recommend it for anyone that's looking for one.

Jo

ems70508
03-11-2014, 12:30 PM
I got the FitBit Flex for Christmas and absolutely love it. It really motivates me to move more.

Funnily, my dad got my mom one for Christmas and she was a little offended. Now, she's just as obsessed with hers as I am with mine!

I looked at the wrist ones but was hesitant. I think I want it more hidden, like the Zip. Less questions, etc...ya know? They basically do the same thing. I think I'll get it and try it out for a few days. If I don't like it, I can always return.

mckaren4
03-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I have a fitbit zip. I love it and how it integrates with my fitness pal. I wear it in the middle of my bra. I don't lose it the way I do other pedometers and I find it very accurate! And also there is an app for it to update on my iphone to both the fitbit website and mfp- you just have to press the zip for it to update you don't have to take it off! Every week I get an email with my stats from fitbit -very encouraging to keep walking!

HulaChic
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM
First WI today!!! Down 7 lbs!!! I really was shocked even though I was 100% OP!!! I am so thrilled, happy, relieved, and looking forward to this whole process!!!

Pauline

tabletop1234
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
First WI today!!! Down 7 lbs!!! I really was shocked even though I was 100% OP!!! I am so thrilled, happy, relieved, and looking forward to this whole process!!!

Pauline

Awesome job! Keep up the hard work! It will pay off and you will be so happy with yourself :carrot:

ems70508
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
I have a fitbit zip. I love it and how it integrates with my fitness pal. I wear it in the middle of my bra. I don't lose it the way I do other pedometers and I find it very accurate! And also there is an app for it to update on my iphone to both the fitbit website and mfp- you just have to press the zip for it to update you don't have to take it off! Every week I get an email with my stats from fitbit -very encouraging to keep walking!

I got it on my lunch break! I really like its integration with MFP. I wish I didn't have to use MFP and FitBit had a decent food diary but alas, it doesn't. It's such a motivator. I'm excited!

Congrats HulaChick-Keep it up!!!

MsGracie
03-11-2014, 03:49 PM

Pauline

Congratulations!! That is wonderful :hug: My first weigh in is on Thursday and I can't wait!!

sunflwr816
03-11-2014, 06:01 PM
I got it on my lunch break! I really like its integration with MFP. I wish I didn't have to use MFP and FitBit had a decent food diary but alas, it doesn't. It's such a motivator. I'm excited!

Congrats HulaChick-Keep it up!!!

Awesome! Keep us updated with how you like it for exercise/steps/sleep. I have a birthday coming up in April....this could be a great gift to myself ;)

shrinkingsusie
03-11-2014, 06:30 PM

Just a quick pop-in before I go WI - I got a Fitbit Flex last week and I LOVE IT!!! I love how it tracks my steps and how many calories I burn and it tracks my sleep - I can tell when I've had a bad sleep by how restless I was and how many times I was awake. I also use it as alarm - it has a silent alarm setting and vibrates to wake you.

I use it in conjunction with MFP to track my food and wow, very interesting! I highly recommend it for anyone that's looking for one.

Jo

Does it only monitor steps and distance, or is it a heart rate monitor as well?

Bellamack
03-11-2014, 06:40 PM

Yes ems, I love my fitbit flex and it does sync with MFP and I love the weekly report.
ems MFP has a very extensive food diary with all restaurants, if you have packaging, like IP, you just use the scanner, it has had all the IP foods and all the ones I have gotten from Nashua!

catlady1981
03-11-2014, 07:14 PM
WI # 2 today. Lost 1.2. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but looking at two weeks it's a total of 6.4 lbs. I'll take it.

So I am having trouble with the ticker thing. Can someone give me some clues how to do this, because clearly, I've got it wrong.

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
WI # 2 today. Lost 1.2. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but looking at two weeks it's a total of 6.4 lbs. I'll take it.

So I am having trouble with the ticker thing. Can someone give me some clues how to do this, because clearly, I've got it wrong.

Congrats on the loss! 6 lbs in two weeks is great!

Can't help you with the ticker, sorry - I just used one from this site.

catlady1981
03-11-2014, 07:22 PM

Pauline

Congrats! That's awesome!:congrat:

catlady1981
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Congrats on the loss! 6 lbs in two weeks is great!

Can't help you with the ticker, sorry - I just used one from this site.

I can't even get that to work. I go to edit my signature, click on the start here and I get a page that says Archive, Nothing to show. When I click on help, it says invalid file. I've disabled pop ups thinking that was it, still nothing.

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I can't even get that to work. I go to edit my signature, click on the start here and I get a page that says Archive, Nothing to show. When I click on help, it says invalid file. I've disabled pop ups thinking that was it, still nothing.

That's weird - I can edit my signature but when I clicked on "edit weight tracker" I got the Archives page too.

catlady1981
03-11-2014, 07:32 PM
That's weird - I can edit my signature but when I clicked on "edit weight tracker" I got the Archives page too.

Thanks for trying help. Maybe the internal links are broken. I sent a message to the admin yesterday but haven't heard back from them. Very strange.

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks for trying help. Maybe the internal links are broken. I sent a message to the admin yesterday but haven't heard back from them. Very strange.

Something glitchy on a website? Oh, no that could never happen! /end sarcasm font

Seriously though, I hope they get it fixed. I know how excited I was to get my tracker!

TurtleMom
03-11-2014, 07:54 PM

Pauline

:dance: FANTASTIC! :dance: Makes it all feel worth the effort, right?

64peppergirl
03-11-2014, 07:57 PM

The same thing happened to me so I just used one of the other sites to do a ticker instead of this one. Now it works, although the first one left some trash behind just above the new one. (See below) I'm just not the smartest person on a computer.

TurtleMom
03-11-2014, 07:59 PM

You lost -so HOORAY! :D

TurtleMom
03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
NSV alert: TWO people have noticed a change in me already! Well, one was DH, but the other was a coworker :)

I'm wishing I had pants like my daughter's -she is young enough that she has the cinches inside the waistband. I know a belt would accomplish the same thing, but with all this water I'm drinking I appreciate having the most streamlined approach as possible

AmberLS
03-11-2014, 08:06 PM
A quote from late yesterday:
"Also, I see some fellow teachers here ... how do you manage balancing the water input/output thing? I don't have pee breaks except before school, lunch, and after school. :\ The first day on IP was quite a challenge, just for that!"

Hi! I am in a lucky position at school, as I am about twenty feet from the teacher restroom. Another teacher or staff member is usually handy to keep an eye on my class for a moment. See if you can set up a situation like that. Explain to your admin that you are on a health program that requires you to use the restroom more often. Oh, and you do get used to it, at least I did. Let's just say my capacity is much greater than before IP!

Renee

I'm lucky I have a para and an aid, I work with special needs kids so we have lots of hands and we switch out. I try to go at any break but I usually take one or two potty breaks during class.

AmberLS
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM

I like seeing this! I too am in search of the 199lbs or less day and I started about 14lbs heavier then you but its nice to see that in 2 months you've lost almost 36lbs... that lets me know that my goal for 3 total months and 50 lbs is totally attainable!

AmberLS
03-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Yesterday there was quite a bit of discussion about alcohol on IP. I am not endorsing the use of alcohol in any way, but if you are tempted, please think twice before mixing your liquor with diet soda. Diet soda makes alcohol a lot more potent. If you must have a drink, have a wine spritzer or a light beer instead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/diet-soda-potent-alcohol-mixer/story?id=18411329

My coach said specifically to stay away from both of those! He said if you're going to drink that vodka in water with Mio is the lesser of the evils

sapphire83
03-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I stayed OP for my first day. I haven't stuck to a plan that long in at least 2 years. I have to say I am so lucky that my family and close friends who know are behind me 110% on this. It made all the difference today.

AmberLS
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Oh and can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE link me to the muffin recipes!!! I have searched until my eyes hurt and I only find the same mini muffin recipe that says nothing about chocolate zucchini lol

amandie
03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Oh and can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE link me to the muffin recipes!!! I have searched until my eyes hurt and I only find the same mini muffin recipe that says nothing about chocolate zucchini lol

I believe it may be this post (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4842688-post4.html) by Lisa in this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287679-pumpkin-spice-muffins.html). I could be wrong but it was the only one I could find using site:3fatchicks ideal protein chocolate zucchini muffins. She (Lisa) mentioned it is in recipes #4 on here. HTH!

ssdlturtle
03-11-2014, 09:19 PM
I stayed OP for my first day. I haven't stuck to a plan that long in at least 2 years. I have to say I am so lucky that my family and close friends who know are behind me 110% on this. It made all the difference today.

That's great, if you stay OP you will lose, have been able to stay on also have lost 58 pounds since Mid Sept, feel great and reshaping.:carrot:

Have a great week, I weigh in tomorrow.

catlady1981
03-11-2014, 09:23 PM
The same thing happened to me so I just used one of the other sites to do a ticker instead of this one. Now it works, although the first one left some trash behind just above the new one. (See below) I'm just not the smartest person on a computer.

Thanks! It worked! I think I wasn't pasting the right thing into the right box. But when I saw what was left behind in yours, then it made sense. I was so bummed. I was really excited about getting this. It's the small things that do it for me. :)

kontesanera
03-11-2014, 09:25 PM
My coach said specifically to stay away from both of those! He said if you're going to drink that vodka in water with Mio is the lesser of the evils

AmberLS, I was not endorsing drinking wine spritzer or light beer, just thought that it was better that ie. vodka with diet soda. I believe that on this diet we do not get enough fat or calories to be able to handle alcohol appropriately. Mio also has artificial sweeteners so it could potentially make alcohol more potent.

catlady1981
03-11-2014, 09:26 PM

Here it is:

Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Muffins
(1) Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal
(1) Ideal Protein Chocolate Pudding (Milk Chocolate)
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
1 pack of Splenda or Stevia
1 tsp coconut extract
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of sea salt
2 cups diced zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal while still in the unopened package.
Mix all ingredients together except for zucchini until thoroughly mixed. Then add diced zucchini (make sure to squeeze excess water from zucchini with a paper towel) then incorporate into chocolate mixture.
Spray your non-stick muffin pan with a non-stick spray and then evenly add your chocolate mix to make 12 muffins.
Place in oven for 12-15 minutes and then let cool in pan.
Recipe Yields: (2) IP servings
(1) serving constitutes: 1 serving = 6 muffins = (1) Ideal Protein meal and 1 cup of vegetables.

I put 2TBSP extra water because it was just too thick. Also I used a regular muffin tin, not a mini.

ColoradoCarol
03-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Hi all. I have been absent for a while. Work is crazy busy. I like busy, but crazy busy is not good. I have had a chance to check in briefly,but not as much as I like. I got to work at 630, worked til my our dept training ran from 8 - 430. Tomorrow I will get there at 6, work til class starts at 8. Thankfully training ends at 12 tomorrow. Then I will work til 415,when I leave for 515 WI.

Whew. He fully WI will go better scale wise than last week (stayed the same) - I had good inch loss wise.

Hopefully I am learning to deal with the never ending stress at - I know it can affect the scale. I hope it doesn't this week.

I am still 100% OP, so that is always a victory.

Night all.

AmberLS
03-11-2014, 09:30 PM
I believe it may be this post (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4842688-post4.html) by Lisa in this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287679-pumpkin-spice-muffins.html). I could be wrong but it was the only one I could find using site:3fatchicks ideal protein chocolate zucchini muffins. She (Lisa) mentioned it is in recipes #4 on here. HTH!

TY!!!!!!
:carrot:

AmberLS
03-11-2014, 09:35 PM
AmberLS, I was not endorsing drinking wine spritzer or light beer, just thought that it was better that ie. vodka with diet soda. I believe that on this diet we do not get enough fat or calories to be able to handle alcohol appropriately. Mio also has artificial sweeteners so it could potentially make alcohol more potent.

I know, I was just sharing the exact information given to be by my coach but it came with a stern warning. He also said to use the skinny girl vodka it has no carbs I guess. But the warning was that should I choose to drink I should only have one and wait at least 30-45minutes before thinking of another. He said the alcohol will hit totally differently now no matter what you drink because of the change in body composition. The vodka was only a recommendation based on the diet not on intoxication levels. Too much sugar in beer and wine.
:)

ems70508
03-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Susie, I used the fitbit all afternoon. Coworkers were giggling because I took laps to the watercooler and bathroom! I work in downtown lafayette so a friend and I grabbed a coffee after work and walked around downtown...rather than sitting and chatting. I got to my 5,000 steps easily. I hope to do 10,000 a day. We shall see!! There are 4 types of fitbits. I got the zip. It is the cheapest and does the least. So it clocks distance, steps and calories burned. It bases calories burned off of your height and weight and the amount of movement you do throughout the day. It easily syncs with MFP so all your food calories are seen in the fitbit app. It does not do heart rate, sadly. It also isnt waterproof, so you can't wear it swimming laps. It is water resistant. This evening, I was 500 steps away from 5,000 and did laps around my kitchen island. My roomie was laughing, but I like a good challenge!

TurtleMom, what great NSV's! Congrats!

Carol it's good to hear from you! Hope all the training goes well. I like being busy because it makes time fly by but it's also very tough on the body for me! I need my sleep! Good luck!

ColoradoCarol
03-11-2014, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=ems70508;4961456

Carol it's good to hear from you! Hope all the training goes well. I like being busy because it makes time fly by but it's also very tough on the body for me! I need my sleep! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Ems - I have missed you all;).

Training is boring - but a good refresher. Plus it gives me 12 credits towards my continuous learning requirements.

Good sleep has been my goal. I spent the past weekend trying to de-stress- I didn't do a whole lot. Hopefully that helped. Hoping for a good loss this week.

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks! It worked! I think I wasn't pasting the right thing into the right box. But when I saw what was left behind in yours, then it made sense. I was so bummed. I was really excited about getting this. It's the small things that do it for me. :)

Yeah catlady! Congrats on figuring it out!

jendilly
03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Susie, I used the fitbit all afternoon. Coworkers were giggling because I took laps to the watercooler and bathroom! I work in downtown lafayette so a friend and I grabbed a coffee after work and walked around downtown...rather than sitting and chatting. I got to my 5,000 steps easily. I hope to do 10,000 a day. We shall see!! There are 4 types of fitbits. I got the zip. It is the cheapest and does the least. So it clocks distance, steps and calories burned. It bases calories burned off of your height and weight and the amount of movement you do throughout the day. It easily syncs with MFP so all your food calories are seen in the fitbit app. It does not do heart rate, sadly. It also isnt waterproof, so you can't wear it swimming laps. It is water resistant. This evening, I was 500 steps away from 5,000 and did laps around my kitchen island. My roomie was laughing, but I like a good challenge!

TurtleMom, what great NSV's! Congrats!

Carol it's good to hear from you! Hope all the training goes well. I like being busy because it makes time fly by but it's also very tough on the body for me! I need my sleep! Good luck!

After the discussion today, I'm considering getting a Fitbit too. I looked at the Zip and like that it's just clips on. Not wanting to do the wrist thing...I think I wouldn't wear it all the time then. I'm wondering about the tracking of sleep, though. Looks like the Zip doesn't do that. Not sure I really need to track my sleep...I already know I wake up often and don't get solid sleep. Do I need a bit to tell me that? Is there anything else the Zip doesn't do? I noticed they have another one that clips on that you can wear in a wristband at night to track sleep. Just curious about them all.

Ruth Ann
03-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi all. I have been absent for a while. Work is crazy busy. I like busy, but crazy busy is not good. I have had a chance to check in briefly,but not as much as I like. I got to work at 630, worked til my our dept training ran from 8 - 430. Tomorrow I will get there at 6, work til class starts at 8. Thankfully training ends at 12 tomorrow. Then I will work til 415,when I leave for 515 WI.

Whew. He fully WI will go better scale wise than last week (stayed the same) - I had good inch loss wise.

Hopefully I am learning to deal with the never ending stress at - I know it can affect the scale. I hope it doesn't this week.

I am still 100% OP, so that is always a victory.

Night all.

Wondered where you were Carol! Sounds like a hectic schedule but hooray for you for staying OP!

Good luck tomorrow - and don't stress about it!

ems70508
03-11-2014, 10:48 PM
After the discussion today, I'm considering getting a Fitbit too. I looked at the Zip and like that it's just clips on. Not wanting to do the wrist thing...I think I wouldn't wear it all the time then. I'm wondering about the tracking of sleep, though. Looks like the Zip doesn't do that. Not sure I really need to track my sleep...I already know I wake up often and don't get solid sleep. Do I need a bit to tell me that? Is there anything else the Zip doesn't do? I noticed they have another one that clips on that you can wear in a wristband at night to track sleep. Just curious about them all.

Yeah there are two non-wrist ones. The zip is what I have. The other one is $40 more and you get the sleep tracker and the STAIR counter. So it monitors when you are taking more stairs because that requires more energy. I work in an office on one floor and live in a townhouse. So no steps for me. I also don't have a problem with sleeping so didn't hold that high on my list. That's why I went with the zip! I too did not want a wrist version.

Rubygirl
03-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Your progress is amazing and inspirational!!! Sorry just trying to figure out the quote thing lol

Rubygirl
03-11-2014, 11:51 PM

Here it is:

Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Muffins
(1) Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal
(1) Ideal Protein Chocolate Pudding (Milk Chocolate)
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
1 pack of Splenda or Stevia
1 tsp coconut extract
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of sea salt
2 cups diced zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal while still in the unopened package.
Mix all ingredients together except for zucchini until thoroughly mixed. Then add diced zucchini (make sure to squeeze excess water from zucchini with a paper towel) then incorporate into chocolate mixture.
Spray your non-stick muffin pan with a non-stick spray and then evenly add your chocolate mix to make 12 muffins.
Place in oven for 12-15 minutes and then let cool in pan.
Recipe Yields: (2) IP servings
(1) serving constitutes: 1 serving = 6 muffins = (1) Ideal Protein meal and 1 cup of vegetables.

I put 2TBSP extra water because it was just too thick. Also I used a regular muffin tin, not a mini.
sounds great!!

Annik
03-12-2014, 12:23 AM

I haven't been on the boards for awhile and am just checking in.

I see your progress -- WOW! Go girl! Fantastic!

You are inspiring!

Annik

drd1961
03-12-2014, 05:22 AM
I have a fitbit one and have had it for over a year. I really like it. I wear it in my pants pocket or if I don't have one in my bra. I like the sleep function a lot as it tells how restless you are and is accurate.

TwoTots
03-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Good morning. It's another beautiful day here. The sun is shining! I'm so glad I have started to lose weight before summer really hits. It will be great to feel comfortable in summer clothes.

sapphire83
03-12-2014, 06:58 AM
That's great, if you stay OP you will lose, have been able to stay on also have lost 58 pounds since Mid Sept, feel great and reshaping.:carrot:

Have a great week, I weigh in tomorrow.

Thanks! Have a great week and weigh in!