Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/224/180

Height: 5'2"

Default Newbie In NC!

Hi All,
I'm new here, but not to the weight-loss journey! I can't really think of any time I've not been trying to lose weight, other than being pregnant- and I've had some successes (and some failures) along the way.

I'm on Myfitnesspal- username stellamakes3 - as well, but I'm here because I'm in a plateau, and could use some encouragement.

A short story about my weight- As I mentioned before, I've struggled with weight most of my life. The heaviest I've been was 3 months after having my daughter- In December 2011, I weighed 258 lbs. I maintained that weight, give or take 10 lbs, for 18 months after she was born. After getting myself through post-partum depression & a tough few years, I decided it was really time for me to take care of myself. The lowest weight I've had as an adult was around 170, but I got there by not having enough money to eat consistently during college. I'm hoping I can get back into the high 100's by July 4th, with an ultimate goal of 175-180 by my 27th birthday(October 2015).

In the last year, I lost 33 lbs by just eating better, so I'm hoping to add in more exercise this year. I actually love walking, I just hate "hard" cardio- Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred has *almost* killed me a few times. I'm also hoping to give up smoking for once and for all, and my H and I are hoping to add another child.

Part of the reason I'm here is wanting to have another baby. I had a rough pregnancy with my daughter, after an ectopic pregnancy a few years prior. I'm trying to lose the weight to have a healthier pregnancy (with no gestational diabetes, hyperemesis, excess fluid, etc..) next time.

Hopefully this offers some insight into who I am! Nice to "Meet" all of you!
constellationmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, constellationmomma! It's nice to meet you too.

It sounds like you've been through a lot of challenges in your life and taking care of yourself sounds like a solid plan. You deserve a healthy body. Totally hear you on not being a big fan of the hardcore workouts- I'm more of a walker/slow jogger myself (Jillian's 30 Day Shred is definitely tough, I have that DVD too, oof). I wish you lots of luck with your weight loss efforts and I hope your next pregnancy is smooth sailing. Hope to see you around the boards!
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

and on your 33 Lbs weight loss!! Great start!! Good luck with your continue efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #4  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi constellationmomma I sent you a message and a friend request on MFP. on your weight loss so far. I hope you finish the year out strong I'm with you on 30DS oh my goodness, I everyone that can hang with Jillian she is tough I am a walker also. I lost 30lbs in 2010 just walking 3 miles or more a day 5-6 days a week and eating better. This time around I am not as active as I use to be or even could be and I am more inconsistent than consistent with my eating here lately. I am hoping to get my mojo back soon. My plan was/is to see 156 by my birthday next month but at the moment I'm not doing well at all ... I still have time.

Hope to see you around on the threads
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/224/180

Height: 5'2"

Thank you alll!!! I should have checked back in sooner. But I am still here and still trying, and glad to have a new MFP friend or two from here Thank you all for the support. I'm glad I'm feeling a little less alone on this journey.
constellationmomma is offline   Reply With Quote